Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 2004 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Simurgh said:
Bola del Mundo surely is longer than a 15 minute climb, right? :confused: remember in 2012, how I was so afraid that he had blown up that last day up la Bola, with both Purito and Valverde riding away from him!
As far as I remember, it was first towards the end of the climb that Valverde distanced Alberto. So I was never really afraid of him losing the Vuelta that day. And Rodriguez was even further away in the overall, so not a threat.

His 2012 ascent time is 14:13, so it's really quite impressive that he's still in such good shape.

Re: Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Simurgh said:
Bola del Mundo surely is longer than a 15 minute climb, right? :confused: remember in 2012, how I was so afraid that he had blown up that last day up la Bola, with both Purito and Valverde riding away from him!
As far as I remember, it was first towards the end of the climb that Valverde distanced Alberto. So I was never really afraid of him losing the Vuelta that day. And Rodriguez was even further away in the overall, so not a threat.

His 2012 ascent time is 14:13, so it's really quite impressive that he's still in such good shape.
Who is it in your new profile pic?

Cance > TheRest said:
Simurgh said:

Well, obviously a difference between end of a stage at the end of a 3-week race and a solitary training ride, and possibly he didn't go quite as fast on the Puerto de Navacerrada. But yeah, he's clearly still very fit, but that's hardly surprising, he looks quite lean and wasn't exactly worn out when he retired last year.

tobydawq said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Simurgh said:

Vinicius Rangel Costa

Cance > TheRest said:
tobydawq said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Simurgh said:

Vinicius Rangel Costa
Ok, then I don't feel too bad for not being able to recognise him...

Re:

Red Rick said:
I don't think I have ever seen a group of cyclists so collectively confused in my life

I agree with this. They look like they are having fun, but have no clue what they are doing. It's making me laugh even harder since I did play softball both as a young child (co-ed, city league) and again played it in college in a co ed intramural league. (Of course I was one of 3 gals playing in the league, but had a great time.)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS