• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Allen Lim

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2010
Visit site
gree0232 said:
Really, so anyone who is paid a lot of money to deliver results is now guilty?

Can you show me the regualtion or statute that is violated that relates to income?

Allen Lim has already responded to Floyd's claims, so perhaps we can move beyond the "Allen is the lynch pin claims."

http://video.bicycling.com/video/ATOC-Allen-Lim-addresses-allega

And of course, if you are offered more money to go to a higher profile team - that is somehow bad? Would you refuse a pay raise?

Regarding the Allen Lame denials.... Do you have any idea how many athletes, not just in cycling, we have been treated to such a wide sweeping unequivocal denial?

How many times do you have to hear the same lie out of a different mouth before you realize what it is?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Black-Balled said:
Because it is the truth.

Regardless of the truth, Floyd is turnin out to be 100% punk bi-atch.

He's just bothered that he didnt' get the same treatment as Basso/ Vino...et al, and he is broke. He needs to grow some stones, realize that he got to be a pro for a while and move on. Like Jan, my man!:
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/iDyH...est+Golf+Trophy+Party/gvc0H-hjguE/Jan+Ullrich
Jan+Ullrich

His action have shown he has the biggest stones of all.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
bobs *** said:
Regarding the Allen Lame denials.... Do you have any idea how many athletes, not just in cycling, we have been treated to such a wide sweeping unequivocal denial?

How many times do you have to hear the same lie out of a different mouth before you realize what it is?

Well, when you are accussed of something that is not true, what are you supposed to do?

Denial is not proof of guilt.

Trying to say that taking a better paying job in a hogher profile outfit is proof is .... even more silly.

Not too mention, there are plenty of posts in here that think Allen is the 'key', well, the key did not turn and has publically denied the accussation.

Again, I can accuse you of being doped to the hilt to. Now that the accussation is in place .... either except a two year ban from any all sport ... or find a way to rebut the accussation without actually denying the accussation (which looks even more suspicious doesn't it?)

Again, I have said this before, and I will say it again. Any of these guys can be guilty of doping. I really don't care whether they are or are not. What is at issue is making a compelling case to 'prove' doping. If we cannot do that, then all we have is suspicion and innuendo, and there are few forces out there that are as destructive as those two influences.

Quite frankly if a latrine cleaning grunt can walk through the arguement, what do you think even a really bad attorney is going to do to it?

Race Radio said:
Not sure about the rest of the people here but that video does not exact say "Move on" it says that Lim is very uncomfortable lying but needs a job.

This is his quote ...

"The only thing that I know for certain is that I would never work for an athlete who I knew to be taking performance-enhancing drugs. And that’s that."

All present tense. Doesn't mean he didn't work for someone in the past that took performance-enhancing drugs.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
gree0232 said:
Well, when you are accussed of something that is not true, what are you supposed to do?

Denial is not proof of guilt.

Trying to say that taking a better paying job in a hogher profile outfit is proof is .... even more silly.

Not too mention, there are plenty of posts in here that think Allen is the 'key', well, the key did not turn and has publically denied the accussation.

Again, I can accuse you of being doped to the hilt to. Now that the accussation is in place .... either except a two year ban from any all sport ... or find a way to rebut the accussation without actually denying the accussation (which looks even more suspicious doesn't it?)

Again, I have said this before, and I will say it again. Any of these guys can be guilty of doping. I really don't care whether they are or are not. What is at issue is making a compelling case to 'prove' doping. If we cannot do that, then all we have is suspicion and innuendo, and there are few forces out there that are as destructive as those two influences.

Quite frankly if a latrine cleaning grunt can walk through the arguement, what do you think even a really bad attorney is going to do to it?

Perhaps you don't have kids, or perhaps you have never caught your kid in a lie. That guy looked about as uncomfortable as anyone I have ever seen.

Weird. Why be uncomfortable telling the truth?

But you're right, an obvious lie is not proof of a lie. Until the lie is proven.

Some people are banking on being able to use the 'all we have is suspicion and innuendo' to avoid facing the fact that they have become so emotionally invested in believing a lie.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
bobs *** said:
Perhaps you don't have kids, or perhaps you have never caught your kid in a lie. That guy looked about as uncomfortable as anyone I have ever seen.

Weird. Why be uncomfortable telling the truth?

But you're right, an obvious lie is not proof of a lie. Until the lie is proven.

Some people are banking on being able to use the 'all we have is suspicion and innuendo' to avoid facing the fact that they have become so emotionally invested in believing a lie.

Have you ever given a press interview?

Have you ever had a former friend turn viciously on you and then had to give an interview to the press about it?

Wow, he wasn't entirely comfortable! He used the present tense to say, "I would never ...." (Clearly not a strong enough denial or worded correctly????) We have our proof????

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
"hogher profile outfit" Funny stuff.

The great thing about the fresh group of people here spewing the everything is fine, everyone is innocent drivel is that they can type all day every day and not influence the outcome, or anyone here. They can clock in like Sisyphus every morning and push the same rock up the same hill.

Meanwhile, expert investigators will be listening to wire taps, checking financial and phone records, investigating supply chains for doping products, establishing connections, and building a number of solid cases. This one won't spin. Popularity won't matter.

I don't know enough about Lim to predict innocence or guilt. But he put in long hours in very close interaction with riders, and he'll know things. He'll be questioned, and he'll have to tell the truth. That's enough for me. The question is, what will he do for a living next year, because I don't expect there to be a team Radio Shack, or at least not one on the Pro Tour.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
gree0232 said:

Have you ever had a former friend turn viciously on you and then had to give an interview to the press about it?

Wow, he wasn't entirely comfortable! He used the present tense to say, "I would never ...." (Clearly not a strong enough denial or worded correctly????) We have our proof????

Clearly we don't have any proof. Except fo the mountain of proof we already have that coincides with Landis allegations.

You're right. Allen Lim is just heartbroken, distraught and confused over Landis' lies. He just wants to stick streamers on riders and fill legg's pantyhose eggs with ice to make them go faster. This is all so unfair and invasive.

Nothing to see here folks. Keep moving. We have to trust them, no matter how many before have told the same lie.

gree0232 said:

Let me guess, you have? In Iraq?

May 11, 2009
Visit site
bobs *** said:
Clearly we don't have any proof. Except fo the mountain of proof we already have that coincides with Landis allegations.

You're right. Allen Lim is just heartbroken, distraught and confused over Landis' lies. He just wants to stick streamers on riders and fill legg's pantyhose eggs with ice to make them go faster. This is all so unfair and invasive.

Nothing to see here folks. Keep moving. We have to trust them, no matter how many before have told the same lie.

Well, you can he is lying, they can say you are lying.

Guess what that means?

In a system that requires 50.1% of the available information to convict .... your word against his word means 50/50 and the presumption of innocence stands.

So, you can charge lying all you want, but you must prove it. So far, no one has corroberated ANYTHING Floyd has said.

So either EVERYONE is lying but Floyd, or .... you tell me.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
Let me guess, you have? In Iraq?

Do either of you two knuckleheads have anything relevant?

Have either of you two ever served in combat? Do either of you to realize how childish and immature it is to attack other's service in the childish hope that such immature antics will give you even a shread of credibility?

Your statements are dishonorable and quite frankly pathetic.

Please share with us what you do for a living, and I will happily measure myself up against two coward who can do nothing but hide behind a computer screen. Truly pathetic.

Excuse me, make that three.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Well he's a PhD not MD so I don't think he will take such a big hit if he's caught up in the doping case. Mainly because as a researcher I think he can still publish as long as he is not the main author and can continue to do his craft as long as he doesn't apply directly for NIH grants. Then again I don't really know if NIH will hold it against him, I would assume yes but it might be allowed to slide depending on his future research. Then again, pharma companies specializing in sports "nutrition" will still use his services as long as he finds results that their product is improving performance, which is his specialty anyway.

gree0232 said:
Do either of you two knuckleheads have anything relevant?

Have either of you two ever served in combat? Do either of you to realize how childish and immature it is to attack other's service in the childish hope that such immature antics will give you even a shread of credibility?

Your statements are dishonorable and quite frankly pathetic.

Please share with us what you do for a living, and I will happily measure myself up against two coward who can do nothing but hide behind a computer screen. Truly pathetic.

Excuse me, make that three.

Honour? Don't make me puke.
And anyway, honour is not boasting about it every second post. Are you that short of an argument that you feel Iraq strengthens your case?

gree0232 said:
Wow, spoken like someone else who has never been there and feels the need to attack anyone who has accomplished something difficult and dangerous.

I pity you.

Lance clearly doped based on that as well.

Yes the slaughter of thousands of innocent civilians is something to be proud of alright. The world really admires America for fighting a country it armed. You seem to think that war was worthy - if you do, I feel sorry for you and your ignorance.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"The authorities, who are in the early stages of their investigation, are seeking to determine whether Armstrong, the owners and managers of his former cycling teams and his teammates conspired to defraud their sponsors by doping to improve their performances and garner more money and prizes, one of the people said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/26/sports/cycling/26cycling.html

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Allen Lim is also about to get a dearly desired "supporting actor" role, called an "accessory" role in the crim. biz, in the "highbrow" :rolleyes: mainstream entotainment media:

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/the_awful_truth/b183483_will_lance_armstrong_be_investigated.html

Will get to make a cameo appearance.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Parrot23 said:

"The authorities, who are in the early stages of their investigation, are seeking to determine whether Armstrong, the owners and managers of his former cycling teams and his teammates conspired to defraud their sponsors by doping to improve their performances and garner more money and prizes, one of the people said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/26/sports/cycling/26cycling.html

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Allen Lim is also about to get a dearly desired "supporting actor" role, called an "accessory" role in the crim. biz, in the "highbrow" :rolleyes: mainstream entotainment media:

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/the_awful_truth/b183483_will_lance_armstrong_be_investigated.html

Will get to make a cameo appearance.

Allen will likely be more considered for a "Conspiracy to commit xxxx" charge. An accessory is more like a standby, non-participant, who "allows" something to occur. Conspirators would have been integral to the planning, management and execution of the fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.