• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong's numbers

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

HombredeSubaru said:
No he is on all cycling forums with the same message.

He loves Cancer and is a Hater.

If you have an opinion that differs from his he gets to crying like a little fanboy.

Yep, got "Love" on my right knuckles and "Hate" on my left...

I am just sorry that you guys are fans of a doping fraud who suckers you into adulation and I am guessing, money. He knows a sucker is born every day, and whatever your birthdays, you were the biggest on that day for sure. Dang. Try not to quote BPC's posts as to someone such as me, the darkness of his force causes violent stomach upheaval. I must fight him with the blast shield down as much as possible.

HombredeSubaru said:
Do not be stupid Brodeal like you were in CN. In the CN you guys tried to make me leave. Then at the DPF you tried to come over to my forum and change every topic into Lance hate topics.

Now you accuse me of being some RHItaliano guy from before? I thought he was from CN correct? I can tell you one thing is a fact RHItaliano is not me pardner.

Nu ... nu ... nutter. Hey, don't be a hater, and don't use branx - it'll make you sad. Use new and improved Joker brand, and be an especially good joker!

HombredeSubaru said:
Your just like TFF, FlockOBros, and Melow Velo , Haters.

I can not tell which one of you two Velo's are the ones from DPF but I am sure you both Love Cancer.

Those X-rays were seen by me and his heart is 3 times larger than a normal human.

Did I tell you that I am a Doctor before? Please try to stay current pardner.

There's a Cancer Love in at the local bar for Cancer Haters.

Cobber said:
Ha ha ha ha....... looks like Lance has gone full genius as well. Wow, just wow....

Well, I still had this on my computer from when I made a graph of his blood value fluctuations. So here it is! :D

294hq41.jpg

mektronic said:
The OFF scores, HB z-scores and OFF z-scores are mostly calculated wrong as well. Here is the comparison list, orange are the correct values:

f_hrofegjimnfm_0277842.jpg

And here is the comparison between Livestrong.com published OFF score and true OFF score from 30/4/09 through to the Tour de France:

f_tqdjb30jm_0aa8a14.jpg

I am just consolidating the numbers. Thanks.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Found this elsewhere and thought it the clearest, "idiot proof" (well almost) depiction of whats' wrong with Armstrong's stats:-

lancearmstrongblood2009.png

As the poster said: "A picture paints a thousand words."

+1.... it sure does! I'd love to hear the LA PR machine try to explain that!

Mellow Velo said:
Found this elsewhere and thought it the clearest, "idiot proof" (well almost) depiction of whats' wrong with Armstrong's stats:-

Just like the Mektronic chart. It is very telling.

Off Topic:
HombredeSubaru has been banned. Do you know what was the main reason? or was it just doing what BanProCycling was doing?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:

Off Topic:
HombredeSubaru has been banned. Do you know what was the main reason? or was it just doing what BanProCycling was doing?

Very interesting chart - well done Mellow, good work.

On the other topic I see Logical Cranium is gone too!

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Found this elsewhere and thought it the clearest, "idiot proof" (well almost) depiction of whats' wrong with Armstrong's stats: ... As the poster said: "A picture paints a thousand words."

Wow, thanks for posting this. It really does make for a pretty damning pictoral.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Very interesting chart - well done Mellow, good work.

On the other topic I see Logical Cranium is gone too!

Great! HombredeSubaru and Logical Cranium in one fell swoop.

I know there are some different opinions on the whole trolling thing. My thoughts are that it’s one thing to see and have to address posts from BPC/Arbiter (until you place him on ignore). But it’s another to see this silly BS from the abovementioned posters, who really just spout random stupidity to waste space.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Izoard said:
Great! HombredeSubaru and Logical Cranium in one fell swoop.

I know there are some different opinions on the whole trolling thing. My thoughts are that it’s one thing to see and have to address posts from BPC/Arbiter (until you place him on ignore). But it’s another to see this silly BS from the abovementioned posters, who really just spout random stupidity to waste space.

Agree - I dont like seeing people banned - but when you have posters contributing absolutley nothing and ruining threads it is time for action.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Agree - I dont like seeing people banned - but when you have posters contributing absolutley nothing and ruining threads it is time for action.

Exactly. It is only when it gets trul stupid I think a ban is required. And in those 2 cases, it was getting well past stupid. I mean, I didn`t even find the posts funny after a few beer, and they certainly were not just arguing a different viewpoint.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:

lancearmstrongblood2009.png

But does this mean, as has been suggested, that Armstrong was probably clean during the giro? And if so, how far could a clean rider in his prime and highly talented, go in that race?

Escarabajo said:

Off Topic:

HombreseSubaru and RHItaliano looked to be the same person. Pretty much all other forums forbid people from using multiple accounts, so that should be reason enough.

Jonathan said:
But does this mean, as has been suggested, that Armstrong was probably clean during the giro? And if so, how far could a clean rider in his prime and highly talented, go in that race?

Just because he may not thave been doing anything during the race does not mean he was not doping like a madman during preparation for the race.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Just because he may not thave been doing anything during the race does not mean he was not doping like a madman during preparation for the race.
But it does look like he prepared differently for both races, and it is likely this was done with maximum performance at the Tour in mind. This would give credibility to the idea that his Giro performance came close to a clean performance.

It would be an interesting concept, since we can then compare the two races in a qualitative manner - bad days, relative TT performance, recuperation in the third week, etc.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Jonathan said:
But it does look like he prepared differently for both races, and it is likely this was done with maximum performance at the Tour in mind. This would give credibility to the idea that his Giro performance came close to a clean performance.
My guess would be that LA really did try to make a clean comeback, right through the Giro - but after the collar bone, the really poor (for a potential Tour GC rider) Giro, and the pressures and attention mounting for the Tour comeback (plus the competitiveness vis a vis the internal challenge by AC for top billing at Astana), the temptation to revert back to the quick fix was too much.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
VeloCity said:
My guess would be that LA really did try to make a clean comeback, right through the Giro - but after the collar bone, the really poor (for a potential Tour GC rider) Giro, and the pressures and attention mounting for the Tour comeback (plus the competitiveness vis a vis the internal challenge by AC for top billing at Astana), the temptation to revert back to the quick fix was too much.
Which would mean he only decided after the giro to go for the podium, which I find hard to believe. After all, Armstrong should know what is required to finish in the top 3.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
VeloCity said:

I do not agree.

His Hct went up 16.7% right around the time of his first race and first training camp (Got to show Contador who is boss). It also takes planing if a rider wants to transfuse. Armstrong would need to take blood out months in advance.

Jonathan said:
I said this before.

On the other hand we can not just assume that because the blood values look clean that he is not doing HGH. I am not sure how much boost that is but it probably played a big factor after the collarbone accident. Having said that, many on this forum feel like recuperation meds are a must for a Grand Tour. Maybe topic for another thread.

VeloCity said:

I don't buy that. I cannot see him going from retirement to the top of the sport in less than a year when we know that even when he was a young professional he could not contend for a GT until he hooked up with Dr. Ferrari.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
It also takes planing if a rider wants to transfuse. Armstrong would need to take blood out months in advance.
Very good point. Still, the blood values seem to follow a normal pattern for the Giro but not for the Tour, which suggests to me that he didn't dope for the Giro but did for the Tour.

I don't buy that. I cannot see him going from retirement to the top of the sport in less than a year when we know that even when he was a young professional he could not contend for a GT until he hooked up with Dr. Ferrari.
But even though LA finished 12th at the Giro, look at the sort of riders who he finished amongst - David Arroyo, Kevin Seeldaeyers, Jose Serpa. Not exactly the cream of the GC crop, and not exactly "the top of the sport". And 10-15 minutes behind the "real" GC riders like Menchov, Sastre, DiLuca, Leipheimer - really, the only GC rider he finished ahead of was Simoni, and that was only because Simoni cracked. So yeah, he finished 12th overall but it was not a very impressive ride and certainly no sign of the dominating GT rider of the past - signs of the old LA only emerged during the Tour, which is why I believe that he may have ridden the Giro clean but topped up for the Tour.

But again, just speculation.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
VeloCity said:
...the only GC rider he finished ahead of was Simoni...
And Cunego, who had entered the giro with GC ambitions.

Agree with the rest though: it does look like he tailored his preparation to his ambitions in the different GTs.