• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 99 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

deValtos said:
I can't get over how large his thighs are and how thin is waist is. Unreal. Looks like the legs of Chris Hoy.

DBUCJJIXcAAFSC6.jpg

His height maybe be one of the reasons why his thighs seem so big. I think if he were like 10-20cm longer he would look different.

Re: Re:

RattaKuningas said:
deValtos said:
I can't get over how large his thighs are and how thin is waist is. Unreal. Looks like the legs of Chris Hoy.

DBUCJJIXcAAFSC6.jpg

His height maybe be one of the reasons why his thighs seem so big. I think if he were like 10-20cm longer he would look different.

No. Quintana's the same height and has thinner legs.

It's all about genetics. Ullrich also had monster legs. Xerdan Shaqiri also has monster calves.

lenric said:
RattaKuningas said:
deValtos said:

DBUCJJIXcAAFSC6.jpg

No. Quintana's the same height and has thinner legs.

It's all about genetics. Ullrich also had monster legs. Xerdan Shaqiri also has monster calves.
Pantani also had big upper legs for a guy of his size. Especially considering his tiny legs.

Rasmussen on the other hand had tiny little legs. Like a sexy blonde girl haha. Seriously he probably doesn't know himself why he hides his muscles. But he was incredible strong, just because of his build.

Cunego was build just like Betancur. Even in his prime.

Squire said:
Valv.Piti said:
Squire said:
I love how the feltet.dk preview has Betancur as the number one favourite for the Tour de Suisse. :D
Lol, seriously. What the.. Carlito hype?!

Surprised that you read that, but I guess its the best alternative?
Alternative to what? I think their previews are great.
Alternative to when CQ closed (altho its basically the same, just Danish). Yes, he does a pretty amazing job honestly. Just fortunate that I don't have to read Norwegian ;)

Valv.Piti said:
Squire said:
Valv.Piti said:
Squire said:
I love how the feltet.dk preview has Betancur as the number one favourite for the Tour de Suisse. :D

Alternative to when CQ closed (altho its basically the same, just Danish). Yes, he does a pretty amazing job honestly. Just fortunate that I don't have to read Norwegian ;)
Written Norwegian is basically Danish, so I'm perfectly fine reading feltet.dk. :)

Have to admit they're going a bit over board when they're talking about Movistar having a three-pronged approach at the Tour de France, though...

Squire said:
Valv.Piti said:
Squire said:
Valv.Piti said:
Squire said:

Written Norwegian is basically Danish, so I'm perfectly fine reading feltet.dk. :)

Have to admit they're going a bit over board when they're talking about Movistar having a three-pronged approach at the Tour de France, though...
That is probably the worst hype I ever heard in my life!!!! :lol: :surprised:

Re:

Escarabajo said:
Decent performance today in the TT.

I wouldnt say it was a decent performance, i think it was a really good performance. 3 years ago the major weakness of Betancur it was the TT, now losing only 21s with Dumoulin (Despite it was 6k) and beat Pantano the Colombian TT champion, i think is great.

http://www.elespectador.com/deportes/tengo-mas-ganas-que-nunca-carlos-betancur-articulo-697937

- Says he has more desire than ever
- Says - once again - that he wants to go to the Tour to help Nairo. The team however wants to go all the way in Vuelta with Valverde and it looks like Movistar view Betancur as a key piece to help him out. Says he would be honoured to help Piti.
- Also says - once again - that he wasn't aware of the importance of weight (lol)
- His numbers in the tests he did are outstanding and have only been reached by very few riders
- His goal for Switzerland is to measure himself with the rest of the field, says he wants to take it step by step
- He loves Valverde. His dedication, his approach, his professionalism. Wants to follow his lead, an example worth following.

TRENDING THREADS