• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cuisine Corner

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
do we eat to ride? or, do we ride to eat?...:D
and LA can stuff it. i like emoticons.

I have to say it's the latter. I love a good old fashioned steak with fries, and a glass of Belgium beer. What could go wrong?

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
bad allergies = chicken soup

DSCF2013.JPG

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Susan Westemeyer said:
Pork and chicken, nothing too heavy. Rather a light marinade than thick goopy tomato sauce. Spicy is good.

We also like to do catfish filets in foil, with a little olive oil and a lot of Cajun seasoning.

Susan

For Chicken I use

Dry White Vermouth (It's what I use for all my cooking calling for dry white wine) or dry white wine
Soy Sauce
little oil
chopped garlic
chopped parsley
salt
pepper
if you want a little hot some crushed red pepper

marinate chicken 1/2 hr to 2 hr
I find marinating chicken much over 2 hrs that the meat gets a slimey texture.
This marinade also works great for bbq'ing a beef tri-tip roast

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
That soup looks fantastic.

Anybody have any good barbecue sauce recipes?

Susan

Sounds like you might like it hot? I would suggest a book, "Eat The Heat" by Jonas Borssen (1998) I think you can get it used from amazon UK. He is the chef who (almost) single handedly introduced the chile pepper to Sweden. It is hard to imagine a table of Swedes eating Chipotle-peanut butter BBQ sauce or chicken with passila plum mole but there it is.

bon appetite, as we say in the states

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Yup. that's why I need recipes......

Susan

BBQ sauce

onions, chopped, glazed
ketchup
molasses
worcestershire sauce
chipotle powder
red wine vinegar
tarragon

all tossed together and heat it.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Anybody here good at making Cannelloni? I'm going to give it a go at making this dish sometime in the next week, is it an easy thing to make?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Anybody here good at making Cannelloni? I'm going to give it a go at making this dish sometime in the next week, is it an easy thing to make?

pretty straightforward. From the top of my head, there is a mixture with spinach, eggs, salt pepper, and ricotta cheese, pecorino and parmigiano. Stuff them with the mixture, put in oven tray, cover with cheese and bake.

You can also use a basic Bolognese stuffing (crushed tomatoes (from a can), chopped carrots, celery, onion(s), garlic, ground beef, optional red wine --> cook/simmer for at least 1hr), stuff, add remaining sauce over/around cannelloni in an oven tray, cover with some cheese if you like and bake.

pre-cook cannelloni according to instructions.

I generally make a bolognese sauce, perhaps with extra meat. I stuff the noodles, strew around the extra sauce and pop them in the oven.

I do NOT precook the noodles.

Nor do I precook lasagne noodles. I can't imagine doing so. In fact, I don't think you can even buy lasagne noodles here that have to be pre-cooked.

We are having catfish tonight, sauteed in a little olive oil and seasoned with a lot of Cajun seasoning.

Susan

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
Chile Verde, Rice, Beans

DSCF2048.JPG

eh senior krebs.... do you use as much lard as most "authenic" South of The Border cooking does? That's always held me back.

TRENDING THREADS