• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 124 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The funny thing is that no other EF rider dropped yesterday to help Carapaz when he had the mechanical close to a mountain. And now he pulls this performance, JV must be calling him and saying " I knew you could do it, I always believed in you". Lol.
I watched a video put out by EF after yesterdays stage but before he went into yellow today. They said in the video that Carapaz has only been able to train about 5 hours since the TDS accident. Talked about him not being able to eat due to an injury and having an infection and fever.

Got to figure that EF would be ecstatic if Carapaz could finish on the podium, but I am guessing getting into yellow makes this tour a "win" given where they were a week ago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRo5Ia3ztus

In the two stages that on paper should have been nailed on break stages, EF has been very solid. In the mountain stage (11) they had Healy and Carapaz in the break. Today they had Costa, Van den berg, and Powless in a break that on paper should have made it to the line. Their lack of success is more a product of bad luck and less bad strategy or performance.
Hope Carapaz can get in a couple of mountain breaks. A bit surprised we have not seen more from Bettiol.

Reactions: Sandisfan