• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 283 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Surprisingly, Brian Smith isn't terrible at doing solo commentary. A lot of 'expert commentators' are completely lost if they have to, for whatever reason, carry the broadcast for a bit. But Smith is doing a decent job at the Czech Tour, I think. He's not a great waffler of course, which means he's usually straight to the point. Which is refreshing.
I've been watching for 8 minutes now, he hasn't stopped talking once, I believe.

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan
Well, he's had a lot of race-related things to talk about so far. :D But my point is he's not talking about inane irrelevant things like Cox & York do at Wallonie for most of the broadcast, or like José Been does on many occasions.

Cox is shocking at waffling on and missing important parts of the race. I am convinced that Cox does not watch the TV screen when he is waffling.

Case in point: I switch to Wallonie after the Czech Tour has finished, and with 16 km remaining and hard racing happening, the first thing I hear is Cox talking about pork chops for several minutes.
Yeah, it's quite weird...

This Tour was such a pleasant experience on Danish TV because Brian Holm was not there to do exactly the same. Bay, Bastian Emil and Worre, legendary trio.

And they can't distinguish Herzog from Wandahl... but then again, neither can PCS, apparently

They said Wandahl, PCS said Herzog.
Who was right?

You have to think Israel might have been served better by trying to take the race to Tudor rather than having to burn through their riders to catch the break.

They'll just have to hope Corbin is strong enough to finish it off.
But I'm not sure what that's got to do with the commentating.

Trentin still has it on countback, hence no celebration by Strong. You would think any commentator would figure that out...

Cox admitted that he didn't have the slightest idea of how it worked when it's tied on time. How can he be a professional commentator?

York said that it was countback bet she of course hadn't prepared herself to check their results. How is she a professional commentator? It's also almost impossible to understand what she says.