• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 770 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
there was no footage. only Froome picking himself up of the deck. I thought at the time it would have been very easy for someone to have nudged him over into the barrier at that point as it was on the inside of a sweeping left corner. slight nudge and he could have had his wheels in the gutter

if he was watching his srm he wouldnt have had much chance to react

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I did find it telling only two of his teammates waiting for him on that climb. Guess those tests at GSK showed he was back to being a domestique again? Anyone up for a photo?

giro_2010_st10_HENDERSON_FROOME1.jpg

Re: Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
Bernie's eyesore said:
I'm pretty sure it was a dodgy rest day blood bag. He crashed deliberately so that it wouldn't look suspicious.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/34131887

BBC Sport's Matt Slater: "When you are trying to do something that only the greats have done, it is a good idea not to do something that usually only happens to dozy amateurs: crashing into a barrier, five minutes into the ride, whilst going uphill.

"Froome answered every question about his bike-handling and racing skills at the Tour de France, only to fluff an easy one he did not see coming on Wednesday.
suggests the BBC suspect Froome too.
:(

Care to explain that thought process? Talk about 2+2 = 7000....

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
BBC Sport's Matt Slater suggests CF behaved as a "dozy amateur" while CF is a consummate pro.
Therefore "BBC" suspected Froome, not telling it right. Just my 2¢s.

Got it ☑ ?

The only dozy and amateurish thing happening there is the BBC Sport's Matt Slater. :rolleyes:

Matt Slater doesn't care about cycling. More about the melodrama, sensational shiat like Armstrong saga and when people are going crazy on the road. He is more of a journalist than a sports fan. And a sports journalist has to be both. Even Kirby is better.

Steroid inhalers
Inhaled steroids usually have few or no side effects if used at normal doses. However, they can sometimes cause:

a sore mouth or throat
minor nosebleeds
difficulty speaking or a hoarse or croaky voice

A COUGH

oral thrush

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Cycle Chic said:
Steroid inhalers
Inhaled steroids usually have few or no side effects if used at normal doses. However, they can sometimes cause:

a sore mouth or throat
minor nosebleeds

A COUGH

oral thrush

I agree, but it's not the entire picture. Cortico-steroids are an HPA (Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Axis) suppressant that affects the chain from vasopressin to ACTH and ultimately adrenaline. Net result is that during a trauma your adrenal response is inhibited and that can be fatal. This suppression goes away in a few months if you're weaned off them. From what I hear, doped up cyclists going into the ER have learned to be *very* quick to confess to cortisone abuse for that reason.

Note that I've recently been studying up on inhalable steroids (particularly Fluticasone) after my 2 year old spent some time at the hospital last week with an asthma attack that couldn't be controlled with salbutamol (bronchodilator).

John Swanson

ScienceIsCool said:
Cycle Chic said:
Steroid inhalers

a sore mouth or throat
minor nosebleeds

A COUGH

oral thrush

I agree, but it's not the entire picture. Cortico-steroids are an HPA (Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Axis) suppressant that affects the chain from vasopressin to ACTH and ultimately adrenaline. Net result is that during a trauma your adrenal response is inhibited and that can be fatal. This suppression goes away in a few months if you're weaned off them. From what I hear, doped up cyclists going into the ER have learned to be *very* quick to confess to cortisone abuse for that reason.

Note that I've recently been studying up on inhalable steroids (particularly Fluticasone) after my 2 year old spent some time at the hospital last week with an asthma attack that couldn't be controlled with salbutamol (bronchodilator).

John Swanson

Try less milk, tends to cause the mucus build up. Or almond milk as a substitute.

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Cycle Chic said:
mucus build up from milk is well known - I wouldnt think any cyclists drink the stuff. And that point doesnt add anything to the discussion on inhaler / steroid side effects

And you think this does?:

Cycle Chic said:
Steroid inhalers

a sore mouth or throat
minor nosebleeds

A COUGH

oral thrush

I am a cyclist. I have a cough. Does that make me a cyclist with a cough or an inhaler abuser?

Froome is a GT winner, therfore he is a doper is a far more meaningful assertion.

[/quote]I am a cyclist. I have a cough. Does that make me a cyclist with a cough or an inhaler abuser?
Froome is a GT winner, therfore he is a doper is a far more meaningful assertion.[/quote]

Dont insult me by stating Froomes COUGH is not a topic

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re:

Rollthedice said:
Since Vuelta is about to produce another overnight sensation just remembered that Froome was working hard on some physio tests some weeks ago. Where are the results?

Dude seriously. It takes weeks and months to analyse the data into a form that the general public can digest. Give it time. Give it time.

Dear Wiggo said:
Rollthedice said:
Since Vuelta is about to produce another overnight sensation just remembered that Froome was working hard on some physio tests some weeks ago. Where are the results?

Dude seriously. It takes weeks and months to analyse the data into a form that the general public can digest. Give it time. Give it time.

See also, Paula Radcliffe - don't you know that the general public can't be trusted with DATA!

Dear Wiggo said:
Rollthedice said:

Has Dawg released his data or did the moon landing never actually occur?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

heart_attack_man said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Rollthedice said:

See also, Paula Radcliffe - don't you know that the general public can't be trusted with DATA!

I fully expect Sky to do something like this, 'the public would not understand the data', but David Walsh will tell us it is all normal.

TRENDING THREADS