• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1340 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 6, 2019
Visit site
463.jpg

JosephK said:
thehog said:
Froome turns into the Bionic Dawg as his miraculous recovery continues :lol:

Dave Brailsford says Chris Froome only left hospital yesterday an put his feet on the floor for the first time in a long time. Now continuing his recovery at home.

They've made him better, stronger, faster. Internal motors, now. Can't wait for the comeback. :D
There won’t be a big comeback

It's odd that on the start day of the TdF, with the first time in ages that Froome isnt there, and the prospect of having a more open race.....people are still here posting their silly fantasies about Froome.

It's like those people bleating on and on about Cav not being at the Tour, only weirder.

Re:

macbindle said:
It's odd that on the start day of the TdF, with the first time in ages that Froome isnt there, and the prospect of having a more open race.....people are still here posting their silly fantasies about Froome.

It's like those people bleating on and on about Cav not being at the Tour, only weirder.

And here you are. This is the Froome thread afterall.

Re:

macbindle said:

since August 2011, every day that froome is still a pro bike rider is weird...

since September 2011, every day that Froome has been the 'best stage racer of his generation' is even weirder....

Re: Re:

gillan1969 said:
macbindle said:

since September 2011, every day that Froome has been the 'best stage racer of his generation' is even weirder....

You'll have to find another boggie man ...

gillan1969 said:
macbindle said:

Missing the point of macbindle's post..

bigcog said:
gillan1969 said:
macbindle said:

You'll have to find another boggie man ...

well, never had a boggie man before him and no one looking like the next and so whilst I wouldn't have wished anyone's career to end via a bad crash (although he's looking good for it ;) )...if he never bothers another podium again I won't be shedding any tears, shall we say....

I agree with this, really. Ever since I started watching pro cycling nearly 40 years ago, it has involved 'superhuman' moments from riders, particularly from the very late 80s onwards, but Froome has stretched this too far for me to be comfortable thinking that I'm watching a bike race rather than a pharmaceutical race (as did Armstrong, as did Indurain). Have to give the guy some credit beyond the purely physical as his tactical skill and bike handling skills are light years away from his Barlo days, but still he just grates too much.

Re:

macbindle said:
I agree with this, really. Ever since I started watching pro cycling nearly 40 years ago, it has involved 'superhuman' moments from riders, particularly from the very late 80s onwards, but Froome has stretched this too far for me to be comfortable thinking that I'm watching a bike race rather than a pharmaceutical race (as did Armstrong, as did Indurain). Have to give the guy some credit beyond the purely physical as his tactical skill and bike handling skills are light years away from his Barlo days, but still he just grates too much.
ditto
I guess

Re:

macbindle said:

So that's the rub .. in 'it?

Like many of the rest of the anti Froome mercenaries on here … you have an internet addiction and an itch, FFS. That's the package. Lightyears away from being a pro athlete … but a gifted visionary on how it all works. *** amazing. :geek:

Mercenaries? Did you mean to choose that word? You know what it means, yes?

So, go on then, O Grand Cogniscenti of Pro Cycling, tell us all how it actually all works, and explain to us how you are so much closer to being a Pro and how that means that Froome's salbutamol scandal as well as all of the other Sky crap didnt actually happen, and how prior to Vuelta 2011, Froome had bilharzia for the whole of his life and how the miracle cure turned him from an utter nobody into one of the most successful cyclists ever :lol:

You carry on, son. Everybody is listening...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts