• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 542 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I recently watched some older video of gran tours and major races and noticed that people bringing colored smoke canisters is not as new of an annoying phenomenon as I thought. I was bummed out at recent events, including world championship that " fans" bring smoke bombs and find amusement in making racers ride through it.. Don't know the solution..

Like I've mentioned previously:

If anyone is caught doing so, put them on a stationary bike, and make them go as hard as they can, while blowing smoke in their face.

Which is a shame that no one's done anything about it. Starving the body also messes up the mind.
I think there's more awareness of eating disorders in sports these days (especially on the men's side), but when you have sports (or even athletic art like ballet) where weight plays a huge role eating disorders are bound to rear their ugly heads. Awareness is one thing, a meaningful solution is regrettably a whole other.

Last edited:
Again, you have absolutely no way of knowing what exactly happened, You are 100% assuming things. There's plenty of reasons why he could have hit the back of a car. You putting the blame on him without knowing what happened is actually weird and disgusting.
A driver/bikerider is ALWAYS responsible when crashing in the back of a car, bike etc. One exception (and that has to be proven). So, stop your stupid reactions or give examples/arguments of the opposite.

I just saw on PCS that Trofeo Baracchi will return this year after 33 years.

Interesting.

But there is one annoying question for the statisticians: Does a win count as a win for the riders who win? Or not like in a regular TTT?
Pre-COVID there was the Duo Normand which used the same format. PCS does not list those as individual wins on the rider pages of those who have won it. So I guess not.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Why? Random cat.1 race, pretty sure those often gets cancelled, or return, without much fanfare.
Trofeo Baracchi is hardly a random cat.1 race through. It’s gained quite the cult icon status over the years thanks to its relatively unique format, the fact it hasn’t been run in over 30 years, and the fact that it used to be quite prestigious with a winners list full of cycling legends from yester-year. I’d be very surprised if it was to be brought back in some capacity without at least some media attention!

Reactions: Sandisfan
Trofeo Baracchi is hardly a random cat.1 race through. It’s gained quite the cult icon status over the years thanks to its relatively unique format, the fact it hasn’t been run in over 30 years, and the fact that it used to be quite prestigious with a winners list full of cycling legends from yester-year. I’d be very surprised if it was to be brought back in some capacity without at least some media attention!

It hasn't been raced for over 30 years. I doubt anyone, except people weirdly stuck in the past, even remembers it.
And if it was a 2-man TTT, we actually had a race like that recently, and there wasn't much fanfare when that got cancelled.