• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 458 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Maybe they can have a proper parcours this year, or even better, the Tour des Fjords can become a real race again, rather than "merging" with the Tour of Norway to make room for Hammer Stavanger, resulting in one day being added to the Tour of Norway (a drop of four race days from pre-Hammer days, as Tour des Fjords was 5 days long) and a route which is absolutely syphilitic even by Tour of Norway standards, a race which even in its best days seemed to be trying to compete with the Bayern Rundfahrt for most egregious misuse of available terrain.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Some guy in a black van really wants people to stay indoors:

Harm Vanhoucke victim of traffic aggression: "Not normal in times of corona"

Cyclist Harm Vanhoucke has not had a nice training ride. "I was driven off the track by a black van. Afterwards, the driver punched and kicked me," says Vanhoucke.

Harm Vanhoucke is a 22-year-old climbing talent from Lotto-Soudal. This season he finished 10th in the Ruta del Sol, beaten by Jakob Fuglsang.

During training, Vanhoucke was startled today by traffic aggression. "Around 12 o'clock I was driven off the track in Aalbeke in Aalbeeksestraat by a black van," Vanhoucke tells his story on Facebook.

"The man (40 to 50 years old and heavily built) got out aggressively. I urged him to keep his distance. Then he consciously touched my face. Then the man dealt several punches and punches."

"This is anything but normal in Corona times. If anyone would know this person, please send me a message," concludes Vanhoucke.

Nice article in CN today about Tyler Farrar in his new career.
Not mentioned in the article (probably written before recent events)—the city where he works as a firefighter is the same one (kirkland, WA) where the nursing home with the 40-plus COVID-19 deaths is located. In fact, some of the firefighters who served as 1st responders to that facility had to go into quarantine.

Reactions: RedheadDane

maddistrong

BANNED
Feb 3, 2020
Visit site
i disagree with stickying this personally, its already three pages, by november its going to be 30 pages, by december 150 pages and will be a mire of ramblings and stupidity..

while i agree that we dont need a seperate thread everytime contador blows his knows, or every time lance does a ****, im not sure that a general thread wont become a terribly drawn out, long winded, rambling assortment of oddness...

a generall news thread is interesting, as long as it is used it will be on the front page anyway...

stickies annoy me most of the time..
I agree!

For anyone interested and willing to spend part of their fortune on a good cause: some very attractive cycling memorabilia currently available on www.charitystars.com.

You can get e.g. Peter Sagan signed green podium TdF jersey (although this one is apparently very popular with highest current bid already at EUR 505...), Pippo Pozzato signed Team Willier jersey, Team UAE jersey signed by TdF 2018 squad, Pavel Tonkov signed pink Giro jersey, and even Bradley Wiggins signed yellow TdF jersey! Plus some other stuff such as Chris Froome and Egan Bernal signed Sky cap.

Some of these auctions end already tomorrow, so hurry up! But please notice that service and shipping will be charged extra and in any case, spend responsibly...

Something different for a change. It seems that the dictator of Turkmenistan really loves cycling. At least he held a parade in the capital around a bicycle sculpture with a fancy bike-themed pop song being performed ;) But enjoy yourself:

Looks like an improvement to their last leader. One of my dads best friends used to be a horse dealer and traveled to Central Asia multiple times durning the late 90ies, some of the stories that he's able to tell you are pretty crazy.

Reactions: Sandisfan
hi,
Planning to visit Italy early October and follow the Giro d'Italia 2 or 3 days along the Adriatic coast.
Found the following blog with stages and recommended campings: https://www.jetcamp.com/en/blog/camping-giro-ditalia-2020/
Which stages would you recommend?
I would wait for the presentation of the new route. But if the stages stay the same, the ones finishing in Tortoreto and Cesenatico. Also the one in Rimini, even if there will probably be a bunch sprint.

That was the proposal made by the italian federation at the beginning of may when other federations started to postpone national championships due to the sport events and crowds limitations in many countries but UCI don't want to move the national championships weekend so Sanremo will likely be the 15th in the spot left vacant by London-Surrey Classic.

That was the proposal made by the italian federation at the beginning of may when other federations started to postpone national championships due to the sport events and crowds limitations in many countries but UCI don't want to move the national championships weekend so Sanremo will likely be the 15th in the spot left vacant by London-Surrey Classic.

They insist on keeping the national championship weekend, even if no countries will actually be having their national championships on that weekend? Well… that makes sense...

They insist on keeping the national championship weekend, even if no countries will actually be having their national championships on that weekend? Well… that makes sense...
Apparently 17 countries have confirmed the national championship for that weekend (and you can add also Italy because with Sanremo on the 15th the national championship will return to the 22th).

Johannes Hosflot Klaebo, the dominating force in cross country skiing, announced that he will join Danish professional cycling team Uno-X on a long-term contract. But fear not ski fans, this is not a career switch. The Norwegian will only compete and train on two wheels when his ski commitments allow.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBA_JTSJP2o/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

TRENDING THREADS