• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Grands Prix Cyclistes de Canada (Québec & Montréal) - 1.WT2

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Omg what was that. Sagan was absolutely bullied there. He delivered like 20 guys straight to the finish line. I hardly remember such sour Sagan loss. JA lost because of him and Greg would never won today without Sagan. On the other side he raced little bit stupid. They would be sprinting for sure third without his effort though so he at least tried. Anyway I am goiong to bed angry.

Omg what was that. Sagan was absolutely bullied there. He delivered like 20 guys straight to the finish line. I hardly remember such sour Sagan loss. JA lost because of him and Greg would never won today without Sagan. On the other side he raced little bit stupid. They would be sprinting for sure third without his effort though so he at least tried. Anyway I am goiong to bed angry.

Relax, it's only a training race.

Bananito 15th. He's ready.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider

You and me both.

Reactions: Keram and Red Rick
GVA on patience and experience. Wouldn't say it's been unfair.

Those finishing Vuelta and Tour of Britain look slightly sharper than the crew opting for Canada. Anyway, two weeks before the race it's clear there's gonna be lots of ready contenders.

Read RR's comment.

Richmond: I don't think so.

Doha: Every team thought they could win the sprint, and with Cavendish, Kristoff and (to a lesser extent) Boonen that made sense.

Bergen: Okay, there may be something to it, BUT the helicopter clip of the last four kilometres showed that he had also spent some time on the front near the end of the race.

Then there is his very first Tour stage win where he was unwilling to work with Cancellara but otherwise he hasn't really won off other riders' backs many times...

I'm sick of these wheelsuckers. Bora must buy some good domestiques, it is impressive how can all race against sagan. I really think MVP will be the best thing in classics to sagan.

Yes I think this could remove some target of his back. I wonder if MVP would still win after such effort Sagan did today. Sagan is prone to fail in sprint after big effort MVP on the other side has insane recovery.

Can you give me an example then? I want to believe you but i can't think of anything other than what tobydawg already mentioned.
First things that came to mind were WC where he was completely out of contention, but was brought back by idiots that thought they had the best man in their team. The other was his win in Cancellara's wheel where he refused to help. Those were pretty big and important wins i would say. You could also count PR last year, where he had the perfect team mate in Dillier.

And again, the point was that he clearly wasn't riding to win today. He would either have tried to bridge solo, or just let someone else do the dirty work if he wanted to win. Just testing his legs for the Worlds.

TRENDING THREADS