Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

  • Nuclear Holocoust

    Votes: 16 100.0%

  • Total voters
    16
Mar 13, 2015
2,637
0
0
Re: Re:

jaylew said:
Moviestar said:
jaylew said:
Mr.White said:
BigMac said:
How wasn't he sure about his strenght when he just said he had the legs to win? ;)
He knows now, didn't know then ;)
Exactly. I think he was unsure of his legs going in. He saw that he won the sprint for 3rd and thought that given the right circumstance, he could have won. He certainly wasn't supremely confident in them like he was at Flèche and Liège. He wasn't strong enough to go after Alexis, bringing the group, and then outsprint them all as he did in Liège.

If he was feeling great at that moment he would have gone with Dan when he went after Alexis. It would have been a classic Valverde move and he was in a good position to do it.


And you think everyone will allow an attack of Valverde? In that way he drags Froomey,Purito and the others in his wheel along and risks the possibility of a counter of Purito or someone else. Along with Sagan he is the most marked rider.
You mean like at LBL? You obviously didn't understand my post at all. Again, he's not on the form he had in the Ardennes.
Clearly not in that form, but he's going in that direction. Still with little luck, or little help, he would of won today
 
Re: Re:

jaylew said:
Moviestar said:
jaylew said:
Mr.White said:
BigMac said:
How wasn't he sure about his strenght when he just said he had the legs to win? ;)
He knows now, didn't know then ;)
Exactly. I think he was unsure of his legs going in. He saw that he won the sprint for 3rd and thought that given the right circumstance, he could have won. He certainly wasn't supremely confident in them like he was at Flèche and Liège. He wasn't strong enough to go after Alexis, bringing the group, and then outsprint them all as he did in Liège.

If he was feeling great at that moment he would have gone with Dan when he went after Alexis. It would have been a classic Valverde move and he was in a good position to do it.


And you think everyone will allow an attack of Valverde? In that way he drags Froomey,Purito and the others in his wheel along and risks the possibility of a counter of Purito or someone else. Along with Sagan he is the most marked rider.
You mean like at LBL? You obviously didn't understand my post at all. Again, he's not on the form he had in the Ardennes.
You're saying by yourself that Valverde could have gone with Martin :rolleyes: , but even with that form he had in the Ardennes; action is followed by reaction especially in the Tour.
 
#TeamValverde never gave a *** about anyone but #TeamValverde, it will never change. Tomorrow hes gonna try his best to drop Quintana in the TTT on the last climb and kill his entire team.
 
Aug 31, 2012
7,550
1
0
Re: Re:

jaylew said:
Moviestar said:
You're saying by yourself that Valverde could have gone with Martin :rolleyes: , but even with that form he had in the Ardennes; action is followed by reaction especially in the Tour.
I have no idea what you're trying to say.
Valverde cannot just ride away from the leading group and expect people not to follow the way Martin is still allowed to despite his successes
 
Mar 13, 2015
2,637
0
0
Re:

Billie said:
Everybody needs to stop whining. Valverde has been working for Quintana this week. Last 30 kms of Fridays stage Valverde kept Quintana in a good position.
Valverde had a free role for Tour's first week, rest of the team protected Quintana. That's why you didn't saw Valverde working for Nairo, but that's why also Valverde didn't had support for example in today's stage. From now on mountains will sort things out, if Valverde will be able to hang on with the best, Movistar will have advantage of double GC threat, allowing one of them to attack and other to follow, with Nairo always in protected position. But if Alejandro fails in the mountains, he will simply be domestique de luxe for Quintana
 
Nov 16, 2011
426
0
0
With Piti ahead by 9 seconds, he ain't going to be working for anyone. He sees a weakened Nibali as his chance for a podium finish. Won't put in more than a seconds worth of energy for Quintana.
 
Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
jaylew said:
Moviestar said:
You're saying by yourself that Valverde could have gone with Martin :rolleyes: , but even with that form he had in the Ardennes; action is followed by reaction especially in the Tour.
I have no idea what you're trying to say.
Valverde cannot just ride away from the leading group and expect people not to follow the way Martin is still allowed to despite his successes
Uh, yeah. That's why I mentioned LBL.
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
Re:

orangerider said:
With Piti ahead by 9 seconds, he ain't going to be working for anyone. He sees a weakened Nibali as his chance for a podium finish. Won't put in more than a seconds worth of energy for Quintana.
But Bala should know that reaching a Tour podium is out of his reach. He's just not good enough as a climber to challenge the likes of the big four + Purito and Tejay (who really stepped up this year).
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Re:

classicomano said:
#TeamValverde never gave a **** about anyone but #TeamValverde, it will never change. Tomorrow hes gonna try his best to drop Quintana in the TTT on the last climb and kill his entire team.
No, he is not such an idiot.
 
Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
orangerider said:
With Piti ahead by 9 seconds, he ain't going to be working for anyone. He sees a weakened Nibali as his chance for a podium finish. Won't put in more than a seconds worth of energy for Quintana.
But Bala should know that reaching a Tour podium is out of his reach. He's just not good enough as a climber to challenge the likes of the big four + Purito and Tejay (who really stepped up this year).
When he is at his best he is a better and more consistent climber than Purito.
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
Re: Re:

Netserk said:
Arredondo said:
orangerider said:
With Piti ahead by 9 seconds, he ain't going to be working for anyone. He sees a weakened Nibali as his chance for a podium finish. Won't put in more than a seconds worth of energy for Quintana.
But Bala should know that reaching a Tour podium is out of his reach. He's just not good enough as a climber to challenge the likes of the big four + Purito and Tejay (who really stepped up this year).
When he is at his best he is a better and more consistent climber than Purito.
But not in the Tour. No way.

When Purito is at his best, he's a better climber in the high mountains. Just look at the Alps '13 and Vuelta 2012. Purito would never falter like Bala did in last years Tour clims.
 
Mar 13, 2015
2,637
0
0
Re: Re:

Netserk said:
Arredondo said:
orangerider said:
With Piti ahead by 9 seconds, he ain't going to be working for anyone. He sees a weakened Nibali as his chance for a podium finish. Won't put in more than a seconds worth of energy for Quintana.
But Bala should know that reaching a Tour podium is out of his reach. He's just not good enough as a climber to challenge the likes of the big four + Purito and Tejay (who really stepped up this year).
When he is at his best he is a better and more consistent climber than Purito.
Exactly! As well as TJ, he might step up as much as he like, but Bala in top form is unreachable for him
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
Re:

Billie said:
he always finishes ahead of Rodriguez. only time it didn't happen was tour 2013 because of his flat tire before the echelons
No, because Purito was a level above him in the Alps. He and Quintana dominated the last weak.
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
Re: Re:

Mr.White said:
Netserk said:
Arredondo said:
orangerider said:
With Piti ahead by 9 seconds, he ain't going to be working for anyone. He sees a weakened Nibali as his chance for a podium finish. Won't put in more than a seconds worth of energy for Quintana.
But Bala should know that reaching a Tour podium is out of his reach. He's just not good enough as a climber to challenge the likes of the big four + Purito and Tejay (who really stepped up this year).
When he is at his best he is a better and more consistent climber than Purito.
Exactly! As well as TJ, he might step up as much as he like, but Bala in top form is unreachable for him
That's just nonsense. Bala in the Tour is a really vulnerable climber. Pyrenees 2007, Pyrenees 2008, Alps 2013, Pyrenees 2014. Just some examples.

Purito is better in the high mountains. Vuelta mountains are not comparable with Tour mountains.
 
Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
Netserk said:
Arredondo said:
orangerider said:
With Piti ahead by 9 seconds, he ain't going to be working for anyone. He sees a weakened Nibali as his chance for a podium finish. Won't put in more than a seconds worth of energy for Quintana.
But Bala should know that reaching a Tour podium is out of his reach. He's just not good enough as a climber to challenge the likes of the big four + Purito and Tejay (who really stepped up this year).
When he is at his best he is a better and more consistent climber than Purito.
But not in the Tour. No way.

When Purito is at his best, he's a better climber in the high mountains. Just look at the Alps '13 and Vuelta 2012. Purito would never falter like Bala did in last years Tour clims.
Valverde beat Purito in the 2012 Vuelta...
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
Re: Re:

Netserk said:
Arredondo said:
Netserk said:
Arredondo said:
orangerider said:
With Piti ahead by 9 seconds, he ain't going to be working for anyone. He sees a weakened Nibali as his chance for a podium finish. Won't put in more than a seconds worth of energy for Quintana.
But Bala should know that reaching a Tour podium is out of his reach. He's just not good enough as a climber to challenge the likes of the big four + Purito and Tejay (who really stepped up this year).
When he is at his best he is a better and more consistent climber than Purito.
But not in the Tour. No way.

When Purito is at his best, he's a better climber in the high mountains. Just look at the Alps '13 and Vuelta 2012. Purito would never falter like Bala did in last years Tour clims.
Valverde beat Purito in the 2012 Vuelta...
Doesn's say anything. One really strange day. Purito was better the whole Vuelta. So perhaps not less consisent, but surely better ;)

I'm even surprised you actually think he's better in the high mountains in a Tour. He never showed that.
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
Re:

Mr.White said:
And in every other GT, bar 2013 Tour, in which he would beat him also if not for that crosswind stage
You don't read my arguments. I say he's better in the high mountains in the Tour. Tour 2013 proved that. Without that crosswind stage Bala would not have reached the podium. Froome, Quintana and Purito were the best. That's too easy to say. I can also say Bala was lucky Purito crashed before the Pyrenees ;)

Vuelta 2012 Purito was better in the mountains. In Vuelta 2013 and 2014 Piti was more consistent. The fact Bala finished higher in 2012 isn't relevant. Purito showed there he was the better climber, just watch Bola del Mundo.

Valverde is a climber who was dropped by Ten Dam, Van Garderen, Bardet, Pinot in the Pyrenees. What a climber :rolleyes:
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY