• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How To 

How Can Cycling Reduce Belly Fat And Weight

If you are trying to lose weight and belly fat, cycling can be extremely effective. Losing weight isn't easy - and keeping it off can prove even harder. But with the proper regimen, a bit of patience and a mountain of dedication, you'll find yourself well on your way to slimming down.

1. HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)
High intensity workouts are the most effective way to burn fat and lose weight. If you're serious about seeing a lower number when you're standing on the scale, HIIT will be key. The idea is to push yourself to your limit, but not overdo it.

A standard HIIT cycling workout looks something like this. First, warm Up for 10-15 minutes. Once you're loose and feeling good, go hard for 30 seconds. (Classify "going hard" as 8 out of 10 on your personal exertion scale.) After an all-out sprint, slow down for 60-90 seconds depending on your experience level. Repeat this four more times, for a total of five reps. Cool down for 3-5 minutes of easy riding. Repeat all of the above two more times, for a total of three sets. Finish with a 5-10 minute cool down.

i8nQg7W.png

2. Low Intensity Workouts
Balance is everything. HIIT workouts should only make up 20% of your total exercise in a given week. Lower intensity workouts make up the other 80%. And while slower, lower volume workouts aren't as flashy and can sometimes feel like a slog, the long-term benefits cannot be argued with.

Low intensity workouts build and strengthen slow-twitch muscle fibers. Fast-twitch muscle fibers are more directly important to calorie burning activities, but slow-twitch strength is what will provide you with the long term stamina needed to keep weight off over time. Remember: weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. And while you'll need to sprint sometimes along the way, slow and steady is what gets you across the finish line.

3. Fasted Riding
Fasted riding (cycling on an empty stomach) can prove highly successful. When exercising, your body burns off carbohydrates for fuel. For more information on carb cycling, read our full guide. However, if you exercise on an empty stomach, your body instead burns fat to fuel your workout.

You need to avoid food and drink (other than water) for at least 12 hours before a fasted ride. If you plan to head out at 9am, you should stop eating no later than 9pm the night before. Fasted rides should never exceed 2 hours. Much like HIIT cycling, fasted rides should never be over-used - and twice a week should be your limit. Exceeding this will be too much stress on your body and will make your weight loss goals more difficult long term.

4. Off-Bike Exercise
As you now know, balance is everything. Supplementing your on-bike routine with cross-training is healthy and will give you a leg up in your quest to shed some pounds. Additional aerobic exercise in particular is highly recommended. Start by adding planking and the "lying down bicycle" exercise to your every day routine. If you want to go further, consider joining a class like Zumba.

Including yoga or pilates in your weekly routine is extremely helpful as well. Remember, avoiding injury is paramount to achieving your goal. You can't lose weight without regular, effective exercise... and you can’t exercise regularly and effectively if you're hurt.

NWGnVN5.png

5. Eat Right and Get Ample Rest

In that vein, all-around healthy living is the best way to insure you get down to your ideal weight. Eat healthier, not less; your body needs nourishment to get you where you want to be. Avoid foods that are high in sugar, salt, alcohol and saturated fats. But keep in mind, eating too many low-fat foods will lead to a high calorie intake. And calories are turned into fat during digestion. If you don't already know, count your calories to figure out what your daily intake is. Start by cutting out 500 per day.

Finally, allow for plenty of rest and recovery. A full 8 hours of sleep per night will make a world of difference in lowering your stress levels and adding stamina. When sticking to a regular exercise plan of about five workouts per week, you should be wiped out early enough to get a full night's sleep - and will begin reaping the benefits quickly.

HxxqBSU.png

Follow to these five simple steps and you'll be slimming down before you know it.

Reactions: christopherrowe
The 'Eat Right' part is the key to weight loss, and it is essential to consume less calories than burned in order to reduce your body fat. Feeling hungry is not usually enjoyable, but it is necessary for fat reduction - don't make yourself miserable, but understand that during the time that you're hungry is when the fat is going away! Also, don't feel entitled to eat more just because you're exercising.

Evening snacking - I drink no-cal canned seltzer water (flavored) instead of eating a 'recreational treat'. It takes determination to go for the seltzer instead of the tasty 'I want an xxx', but the seltzer does relieve the immediate craving and doesn't add calories. Easier said than done!

Jay

Jan 10, 2020
clippingpathindia.com
Cycling can minimize our risk of serious diseased like heart attack, stroke, diabetes, depression, obesity. Cycling is a warm-up form of exercise that all people can enjoy it though we need to talk to doctor about what is our ideal weight and diet for based on our body composition or overall health status.

Jan 21, 2020
Visit site
HIIT cycling has been what I've been doing since the summer, and I really enjoy it. Though it sucks in the winter being stuck to a stationary bicycle. What I really enjoy about it is that it's self regulated. When you push hard for an interval it's simple in that you push as hard as you can push, and you can really get your heart rate going. If you were to do something like this on a treadmill and the such, you're limited by treadmill settings. In the summer as I was doing this, I found myself being able to push harder and harder, and it just happened naturally.

maddistrong

BANNED
Feb 3, 2020
Visit site
Yeah, guys, That is true. Cycling is very nice for people that want to stay healthy and for those who want to lose weight. Just try it out. In addition to cycling, I love running in the park which improves my endurance. And I also love to work in the gym, it makes me stronger and more confident in myself and my abilities. Recently however I started having health problems and my testosterone level dropped significantly so after reading the article that the level of testosterone can be raised with the help of drugs I realized that I need to go to a doctor and agree with him all this. Here I am waiting for the testogen tablets to be delivered to me.

Reactions: pnwjulial
There is no particular exercise that can focus on your tummy specifically and diminish the circumference of the fat tissues kept around your midsection. On the off chance that you explicitly need to focus on your paunch, at that point go for center activities and crunches, and in merely 2–3 weeks you will have the option to see some obvious changes around your gut.

In any case, on the off chance that you adjust cycling as a way to decrease of paunch fat, then it will require some investment to perceive any recognizable change. But don't get debilitated by that statement. If you are an exemption and can cycle large numbers of miles without weakness setting in then, I figure you can anticipate some genuine changes around your stomach in the blink of an eye.

I settle on cycling since I need to fortify my leg muscles and improve my perseverance and stamina for which I don't accentuate much on observing impressive changes to stomach size in less time. The essential territory associated with the practice is that, in the event that you are utilizing loads and practicing the chest area part, you will get strong and chances are your trunk will become improved and husky muscles will create. Then again, on the off chance that you are focusing on your legs, and practicing the base middle of the body, the course will increment numerous manifolds which will prompt dynamic weight decrease and increasing a more slender body shape however it will require some investment.

Also, in the event that you need rapid and noticeable outcomes, at that point Run as though you are running for your life !! You might try Cinderella Solution to lose weight for fast results and not have daunting exercise to reduce fat.

The 'Eat Right' part is the key to weight loss, and it is essential to consume less calories than burned in order to reduce your body fat. Feeling hungry is not usually enjoyable, but it is necessary for fat reduction - don't make yourself miserable, but understand that during the time that you're hungry is when the fat is going away! Also, don't feel entitled to eat more just because you're exercising.

Evening snacking - I drink no-cal canned seltzer water (flavored) instead of eating a 'recreational treat'. It takes determination to go for the seltzer instead of the tasty 'I want an xxx', but the seltzer does relieve the immediate craving and doesn't add calories. Easier said than done!

Jay

Indeed, regarding the bolded. Disagree that one needs to feel hungry, simply fill up on low calorie, highly nutritious foods. In other words, plants.

5. Eat Right and Get Ample Rest
In that vein, all-around healthy living is the best way to insure you get down to your ideal weight. Eat healthier, not less; your body needs nourishment to get you where you want to be. Avoid foods that are high in sugar, salt, alcohol and saturated fats. But keep in mind, eating too many low-fat foods will lead to a high calorie intake. And calories are turned into fat during digestion. If you don't already know, count your calories to figure out what your daily intake is. Start by cutting out 500 per day.

100% to eating right and resting, and the image is a good example of eating right. However...the idea that eating low-fat foods will lead to a high calorie intake is simply...well the opposite of true. Plants are low in fat, and have low caloric density. Filling up on a lot of low density food is the exact right way to lose weight.

Explained:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKfex7--ato&feature=youtu.be&t=35m37s

Fat: 9 calories per gram
Carbohydrates: 4 calories per gram
Protein: 4 calories per gram

Further, it takes your body 4 times the energy (calories) to convert carbohydrates into fat than it does simply storing eaten fat.

The entire carb fear frenzy is complete nonsense. Will you lose weight if you cut out carbs? Yup. You will lose weight if you cut out any macronutrient from your diet. It's calorie cutting. Not sustainable, not healthy in the long term. Carbs are fuel for cyclists. Being able to use fat is great, working out at low intensity to burn fat is great, but the notion that eating carbs makes you fat is silly. Unless you equate carbs with sugar and/or excess calories.

Just eat plants. A lot of them. And don't eat saturated fats. That's all you need to do. You'll be healthier by a LONG shot and perform better as a cyclist.

Jun 1, 2020
pharmacyrxs.com
Have a glass of Warm water with Lemon
This is one of the best, simplest and very effective remedies to get rid of belly fat. All you need is warm water, a few drops of lemon and if you would like, a dash of salt or a teaspoon of honey. It is very effective if you have it empty stomach, first thing in the morning.