• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Italian Autumn Races 2017

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

shalgo said:
So I guess Woods ended his season after the Vuelta? Understandable, but it still would have been nice to see him in some of these Italian races, as they suit him very well.

Woods and MA Lopez are almost the same stories, even after the Worlds they were supposed to line up in Italy but in the end they stayed at home. First big GC result in a GT makes tired legs I guess.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
When I said Martin knows how to win Lombardia ...I didnt mean the parcours...which is neither here nor there as he can win on most hilly terraine.. :) .I mean he knows how to target form for this race

He was in the top group at the Worlds even though he had not ridden in a while ...so I would say he will be up there at Lombardia and has a great finish
Ok that's fair enough. We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see his form. Uran, Pinot and especially Nibali all seem in good shape. A few others as well but it's a fairly open race.

In order to ice the cake of my historical win in the '17 predictions, Pinot must win the GDL (actually I think that I already have it in the bag :cool: ). Heck, I take Milano-Torino. My chouchou has done well all year (except July but what was he doing there?) and his chasing Nibali at the TVV was a beast-mode Tibopino that I truly enjoyed. Whether it happens or not, what a beautiful stretch of races. Another intrigue is Dumourain: if the wins after his Giro and World title, he will stand atop the food chain, above Dawg and his double. Really.

Tonton said:
In order to ice the cake of my historical win in the '17 predictions, Pinot must win the GDL (actually I think that I already have it in the bag :cool: ). Heck, I take Milano-Torino. My chouchou has done well all year (except July but what was he doing there?) and his chasing Nibali at the TVV was a beast-mode Tibopino that I truly enjoyed. Whether it happens or not, what a beautiful stretch of races. Another intrigue is Dumourain: if the wins after his Giro and World title, he will stand atop the food chain, above Dawg and his double. Really.
He does not have to. Only Uran must not win it. I think your chances are even better then heads up with pocket aces agaist 2 7 . :D

BTW. Is Rosa riding? That guy is always amazing in this time of the year. and I do not see in this forum mentioning him at all?

SKSemtex said:
Tonton said:
BTW. Is Rosa riding? That guy is always amazing in this time of the year. and I do not see in this forum mentioning him at all?
Didn't he crash in Tre Valli Varesine or something like that?

SKSemtex said:
Tonton said:
He does not have to. Only Uran must not win it. I think your chances are even better then heads up with pocket aces agaist 2 7 . :D
the 27 is far from the worst hand against AA. But this is Uran, so it's more like having the good old A6o

Red Rick said:
SKSemtex said:
Tonton said:
the 27 is far from the worst hand against AA. But this is Uran, so it's more like having the good old A6o

LOL you are right. :D So we have a real poker player here.

Fantastic lineup for this race. Sky and QS look scary on paper. Also Sunweb.

What about Visconti as an outsider? He's been showing amazing form lately. Without Nibali (Vincenzo that is :D) he is surely Bahrain's leader for the race.

Also Roglič should be in the mix if the motivation is still there. Superga should suit him really well.

SKSemtex said:
Red Rick said:
SKSemtex said:
Tonton said:

LOL you are right. :D So we have a real poker player here.
Nah, that's pretty basic actually.