• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jumbo - QuickStep merger

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm not sure a 25M black-hole is how Fretz's team manager contact has worded that really. He's saying that Jumbo along with all the other sponsors leaving the team after 2023/2024 means Plugge is looking for a 25M main sponsor. They can take the 25M from Jumbo et al divided into 3 years, so around 8M + Visma Sponsorship in 2024 + Soudal Sponsorship after the merger probably gets them enough to survive once Roglic's 5M transfer comes from wherever he goes. That buys Plugge a year more to sort the finance of the team. I'm not sure where that leaves Soudal, but perhaps the team moves to a SponsorNameHere-Soudal arrangement in 2025?

Amazon joins the Jumbo-Visma merger team as a new sponsor

Amazon joins the Jumbo-Visma merger team as a new sponsor

You know they're sticking the amazon/prime logo on the backside of the bibs.

Imagine getting dropped and seeing that riding off into the distance 🤣

About the QS license:

Heulot, CEO of Lotto Dstny contacted the UCI. According the him the UCI said the license won't be on the market as long as there are 15 or more WT teams. The only possible way to take over the license is to take over the company that owns the QS license (which is Decolef, aka Bakala, Lefevere & Bessel Kok), but when you do that you have to take over all the contracts, which basically not a single ProConti team can do.

No rider is above the team, this is Jumbo we are talking about. #samenwinnen, Vingegaard won't complain because he knew what he signed up for when he started there. Just because you are now the best and the leader doesn't mean you can now dictate that that position can't be challenged within the team.
You are assuming, against all evidence to date, that Remco can win the TdF. Yes, he is a great talent. Is he TdF material, I for one seriously doubt it.

It's not like all the other rosters are full. Everybody has known that something has been going on behind the scenes.

Really?

“I'm writing to you with regards to the reports that you have seen in the media recently. I am sure this has caused some uncertainty, for which I apologise,” Lefevere wrote.

That doesn't seem to indicate that everybody has known.
Would guys like Jorgenson and Landa have signed with the respective teams if they'd known?

Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
Really?

That doesn't seem to indicate that everybody has known.
Would guys like Jorgenson and Landa have signed with the respective teams if they'd known?

Not specifically about this merger. But if you have been cycling a little more than just watching races, there has absolutely been the indications that something unusual would happen this fall. That's why I wrote that the other team rosters are not full (ie. other teams have been waiting to see what would happen).

Also, reading your posts the past couple of pages is like peak Koronin after the Harrogate worlds. Maybe relax a little, we got your opinion...

Not specifically about this merger. But if you have been cycling a little more than just watching races, there has absolutely been the indications that something unusual would happen this fall. That's why I wrote that the other team rosters are not full (ie. other teams have been waiting to see what would happen).

So, you're saying that "everybody" knew... except for the people who should have been the first to know? Yeah... that's worse!

Reactions: noob