• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2020

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Blanco said:
jflemaire said:
Kazistuta said:
Even though Cannibalverde clearly is the big fish in these races, I think it's important for the organizers to have guys like him turn up and light it up. There's been plenty of economic polemics surrounding the Spanish cycling scene, so if a race keeps its funding due to him showing up, kudos on that. But the racing would be more competitive without him.
I don't mind Valverde taking part in these kinds of smaller races per se, but does he have to go for the win? He could ride as a helper for his younger teammates; this would be seen as a generous gesture for riders who ride for him the rest of the season and his presence would still bring some media attention that these races need. As it is, he just looks selfish.

Valverde gifted numerous races to his teammates throughout his career, you obviously didn't follow him closely.He gave Spanish Championships to Herrada, Izagirre and Rojas, Klasika Primavera to Visconti. He rode many times in service of his teammates. Heck he even gifted wins to non-teammates, like Szmyd at Mont Ventoux and Luisle (arguably) in Murcia this year. Valverde is one of the most generous riders in terms of riding for teammates in the whole peloton, so I lost you a little bit at this one :confused:
As for this particular race (GP Indurain), he would be more than happy if Betancur could've hold on for the win, or if Soler could've broke through on that penultimate climb when Betancur was caught. But the truth was that Verona was stronger than both, so only he could've beat him, as he did.
he's probably not allowed to win the Spanish NC from Movistar as their star rider.

El Pistolero said:
Blanco said:
jflemaire said:
Kazistuta said:
Even though Cannibalverde clearly is the big fish in these races, I think it's important for the organizers to have guys like him turn up and light it up. There's been plenty of economic polemics surrounding the Spanish cycling scene, so if a race keeps its funding due to him showing up, kudos on that. But the racing would be more competitive without him.
I don't mind Valverde taking part in these kinds of smaller races per se, but does he have to go for the win? He could ride as a helper for his younger teammates; this would be seen as a generous gesture for riders who ride for him the rest of the season and his presence would still bring some media attention that these races need. As it is, he just looks selfish.

Valverde gifted numerous races to his teammates throughout his career, you obviously didn't follow him closely.He gave Spanish Championships to Herrada, Izagirre and Rojas, Klasika Primavera to Visconti. He rode many times in service of his teammates. Heck he even gifted wins to non-teammates, like Szmyd at Mont Ventoux and Luisle (arguably) in Murcia this year. Valverde is one of the most generous riders in terms of riding for teammates in the whole peloton, so I lost you a little bit at this one :confused:
As for this particular race (GP Indurain), he would be more than happy if Betancur could've hold on for the win, or if Soler could've broke through on that penultimate climb when Betancur was caught. But the truth was that Verona was stronger than both, so only he could've beat him, as he did.
he's probably not allowed to win the Spanish NC from Movistar as their star rider.
He did in Cáceres in 2015, then it was him, Barbero (with Caja Rural) and Jesús Herrada with a small gap. He'd gifted it to Herrada in 2013 but Barbero's a better sprinter than Jesús and they hadn't been able to get rid of him so Valverde sprinted for the win. He was also with Abarcá when he won it in 2008 in the two-up sprint with Niño Sevilla. I think it's important for the team to have the jersey, but it's not so important to Bala to have it so he will pass it around where he can, and take it for the team's brand exposure requirements if the team would otherwise lose the jersey.

El Pistolero said:
Blanco said:
jflemaire said:
Kazistuta said:

Movistar doesn't care about the jersey, whoever "wear" it.

El Pistolero said:
Blanco said:
jflemaire said:
Kazistuta said:

Brilliant stuff. Again :rolleyes:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Blanco said:
El Pistolero said:
Blanco said:
jflemaire said:
Kazistuta said:

Brilliant stuff. Again :rolleyes:
Just look at how awful their minimalistic designs are. Teams like Movistar and Astana are pure cancer.

Rider Name (Country) Team Result
1 Cameron Meyer (Australia) 0:48:13
2 Harry Tanfield (England) 0:00:30
3 Hamish Bond (New Zealand) 0:00:32
4 Callum Scotson (Australia) 0:01:22
5 James Oram (New Zealand) 0:01:27
6 James McLaughlin (Guernsey) 0:01:41
7 Marcus Christie (Northern Ireland) 0:02:29
8 Charlie Tanfield (England)
9 Ian Bibby (England) 0:02:30
10 Brendon Davids (South Africa) 0:03:31

Re:

Scarponi said:
1 Cameron Meyer (Australia) 0:48:13
2 Harry Tanfield (England) 0:00:30
3 Hamish Bond (New Zealand) 0:00:32
4 Callum Scotson (Australia) 0:01:22
5 James Oram (New Zealand) 0:01:27
6 James McLaughlin (Guernsey) 0:01:41
7 Marcus Christie (Northern Ireland) 0:02:29
8 Charlie Tanfield (England)
9 Ian Bibby (England) 0:02:30
10 Brendon Davids (South Africa) 0:03:31
Tokyo, watch out for the rower!

Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2018

Lilian Calemejane won the 79th Paris-Camembert. He continues to impress.

1 Lilian Calmejane (Fra) Direct Energie 4:53:17
2 Valentin Madouas (Fra) Groupama - FDJ 0:00:21
3 Andrea Vendrame (Ita) Androni Giocattoli-Sidermec
4 Manuel Belletti (Ita) Androni Giocattoli-Sidermec 0:00:38
5 Damien Touze (Fra) St Michel - Auber 93
6 Davide Cimolai (Ita) Groupama - FDJ
7 Matthieu Ladagnous (Fra) Groupama - FDJ
8 Clement Venturini (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
9 Lorrenzo Manzin (Fra) Vital Concept Cycling Club
10 Hugo Hofstetter (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Credits

In the last fifteen years the only non-French winner of Paris-Camembert is...Valverde.

Today Tro-Bro Léon 2018 (1.1)
http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=Mjg1MzM=
Some live TV coverage (ES?) promised.
126-2018.jpg