• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Milan-Sanremo

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Me too, except take out LLS and swap Pozzato for any other rider in the peloton.

I read a post-Paris-Nice article about Luis Leon this morning and it said his next race is the Volta a Catalunya, which starts two days after MSR.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
SoLogy said:
Of course this all changed today. After watching the Versus recap of Paris-Nice, I now know that no team can beat Radio Shack and that the only pick for Milan Sanremo is Lance Armstrong.

Thank you Phil and Bob.

I didn't see the coverage (thank you Jeebus), but I think he's got a good chance of breaking the top 115 this year, if he rides the whole thing instead of a cameo appearance.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
blaxland said:
With so many of the favopurites not riding or not having any real form.........my money is on Albi(Allan Davis)....he has podiumed before..

I hope that means you're rooting for him, and didn't actually wager cash money on him?

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
i think this is a training ride for Flecha, he's there as a solid rider to help out at the end. and i presume Henderson leads out Hagen?!

it looks like Euskatel have a strong team for this race:rolleyes:..

A

Anonymous

Ferminal said:
I'd say CJ Sutton would be the lead out, could be wrong.

Yeah, I would have thought so. I can't see Henderson getting over the lumps near enough to the front to help (I'm assuming they uphold their promise not to trundle over at Cav pace like last year).

difficult call- Haussler & Cavendish both out really widen the chances for anybody. Hushov,Boonen,Pozzato,Bennati,Petacchi & the ussual suspects will get their chance if happens to be a sprint finish- but I'd like to bet on the Team Sky boys this time around-LÖfKvist, EHB & Flecha can surprise-
Girlbert is the guy that I'd really like to take this year.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
I see some of you have picked Canellara. I have heard of no results from him this year. Did I miss something? What is his present form?

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
ChrisE said:
I see some of you have picked Canellara. I have heard of no results from him this year. Did I miss something? What is his present form?

He stretched his legs a bit in Oman - came second in the ITT and won the GC. Has been seen on the front of TA a couple of times. Nothing out of the ordinary for Cancellara. I obviously don't know if he's at 100% yet, but there's no indicators that he's woefully out of shape atm.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
tgsgirl said:
He stretched his legs a bit in Oman - came second in the ITT and won the GC. Has been seen on the front of TA a couple of times. Nothing out of the ordinary for Cancellara. I obviously don't know if he's at 100% yet, but there's no indicators that he's woefully out of shape atm.

Wow, I totally missed the Oman news. Thanks.

He would be my pick, along with Boonen.

BTW, where are you at? You said no spring for you yet upthread. It has been the most consitently cold and wet winter I can ever remember in my part of the world.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
ChrisE said:
Wow, I totally missed the Oman news. Thanks.
He would be my pick, along with Boonen.
BTW, where are you at? You said no spring for you yet upthread. It has been the most consitently cold and wet winter I can ever remember in my part of the world.

Well, Oman wasn't that hard to win, all he had to do was ride a good ITT and not pee at a crucial moment in the race. And I'm in la Belgique, though I have to admit things looked a bit more spring-like today.