• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Motor doping thread

Page 199 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
look, I really want them to find those INVISIBLE motors you people have been blabbing about for a few years. just to hear saying "we were right"
but it's getting old, it's been a while.
if Varjas and Vayer and some French journos useless investigations that came to nothing is all you have, then well, I'll keep believing in miracles

yes keep bringing up Varjas and Vayer while completely ignoring the fact that riders have personally told Greg Lemond that they knew for sure of riders on their own team using motors. Lappartient has said someone getting caught with a motor would "end the sport". now think about what incentive the UCI would have for catching a rider (publicly) with a motor? there is none.

• Wow
Reactions: noob
I first heard of motors with Cancelara passing Boonen like he was standing still. I never saw the Froome incident. I did see Kuss which appear ridiculous fast in Tourmalet. Then I read that the organizers or whoever investigates these things would not want it to come out as it would destroy the sport. My question is: don't they check the bikes at the end of the race?

I first heard of motors with Cancelara passing Boonen like he was standing still. I never saw the Froome incident. I did see Kuss which appear ridiculous fast in Tourmalet. Then I read that the organizers or whoever investigates these things would not want it to come out as it would destroy the sport. My question is: don't they check the bikes at the end of the race?

They check with an ipad that does NOTHING. they have no interest in it ever being found, only way it happens is if a thrid party raids the hotel and destroys the bikes.
They let it run lose with CSC and Breschel and Cancellara, then later team wide with Sky. so now there is no stopping it, thats why climbing times is no longer relevant to compare to the past, they all run on electrical bikes.

They check with an ipad that does NOTHING. they have no interest in it ever being found, only way it happens is if a thrid party raids the hotel and destroys the bikes.
They let it run lose with CSC and Breschel and Cancellara, then later team wide with Sky. so now there is no stopping it, thats why climbing times is no longer relevant to compare to the past, they all run on electrical bikes.
It's not about finding anything, its about deterrence so nobody even tries to destroy the sport.

As for climbing times, Pantani still holds the AdH record with a gap of about 2.5 minutes to Pog/Vingo/Thomas in 2022 TdF. So electric bikes still have some catching up to do ;)

• Haha
Reactions: markene2
It's not about finding anything, its about deterrence so nobody even tries to destroy the sport.

As for climbing times, Pantani still holds the AdH record with a gap of about 2.5 minutes to Pog/Vingo/Thomas in 2022 TdF. So electric bikes still have some catching up to do ;)

I bet you belive doping tests are used catch cheaters instead of just being burried and covered up.

Reactions: zlev11
New claims that UCI's testing regime for mechanical doping is "irregular and inconsistent":

View: https://twitter.com/radio_cycling/status/1706938737597251600

Not that surprising, as irregular and inconsistent is a fairly good description of most of the policies of the UCI. In their podcast Radio Cycling also mention that there are persistent and ever more frequent rumours that mechanical doping is very much present within the professional peloton.

Spotify link, for those interested.

Not that surprising, as irregular and inconsistent is a fairly good description of most of the policies of the UCI. In their podcast Radio Cycling also mention that there are persistent and ever more frequent rumours that mechanical doping is very much present within the professional peloton.

damn, but I thought this was all "conspiracy theory" (i hate that term) spread by Varjas and Festinaboy?

yes keep bringing up Varjas and Vayer while completely ignoring the fact that riders have personally told Greg Lemond that they knew for sure of riders on their own team using motors. Lappartient has said someone getting caught with a motor would "end the sport". now think about what incentive the UCI would have for catching a rider (publicly) with a motor? there is none.
& Lemond believes motor doping isn't a thing in modern cycling...