• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
Visit site
998277_640954822589170_1571707886_n.jpg

1003757_640954922589160_357731123_n.jpg


also uznue on the bus lol

unfortunately for bad weather :(
 
Kwibus said:
Very nice to see!

I've always wanted a return of the Colombian climbers and last few years we knew it was coming, but this year has been the real breakthrough imo.
Yes, yes and Yes but make a note of it: What Colombia is bringing to cycling today is not just the climbers but a bunch of top level cyclists capable to compete in every aspects of the sport, from sprints, to ITT and stage races.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,819
2
0
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
btw yesterday boyacna government announced they will run for world championships 2017 in duitama again :eek::D let's hoep is not some stupid political promise alone

That would be just awesome to have a worlds in Colombia. Hope they get it, would be a great course I'm betting, that country is nothing but hills.
 
Nov 26, 2012
3,216
0
0
Visit site
slosada said:
2. We do take pride in the "escarabajos", as they show the other face from our country: That of humble hardworkers from countryside, facing the giant Europeans with "bare legs"(being a bit poetic but that's about it). We perceive the cyclist as closer to the right values, and soccer stars more of a rich playboys, which is not always true

Thanks for the info/

Is there any scope for a WT team from Colombia? Just the 4 colombians who contributed to UCi points is sufficient to bring down all mountain stages. I am wondering what will happen if a colombian team was there in all races by right. Will the government spend money to get a WT team license?
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
Visit site
murali said:
Thanks for the info/

Is there any scope for a WT team from Colombia? Just the 4 colombians who contributed to UCi points is sufficient to bring down all mountain stages. I am wondering what will happen if a colombian team was there in all races by right. Will the government spend money to get a WT team license?

the government alreayd spends a ton of money on coldepotes anc look how badly corti runs everything. I think the only chance would be if some major sponsors would back saldarriaga on his quest. he's the best trainer by far in colombia and maybe the best in the world.
 
Feb 15, 2011
1,306
0
0
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
the government alreayd spends a ton of money on coldepotes anc look how badly corti runs everything. I think the only chance would be if some major sponsors would back saldarriaga on his quest. he's the best trainer by far in colombia and maybe the best in the world.

You forget Leinders + Julich :eek:
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,819
2
0
Visit site
the asian said:
Great to see him get a hero's welcome in Colombia! Hopefully he can have a good worlds and fall season.
Tour of Britain will be his next race?

Yep, looks like. Final prep race before worlds.

He is currently riding the Vuelta a Burgos in Spain after being feted for his success at several post-Tour criteriums. He will head to Colombia on Sunday for a few weeks training on home roads. Quintana will face 2012 Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins (Team Sky) at the Tour of Britain.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,819
2
0
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Video of Nairo's Unforgettable Arrival to Bogota. Apart from the President, The Colombian Cycling Royalty (Lucho Herrera, Fabio Parra, Martin "Cochice" Rodriguez, Alvaro Mejia & Santiago Botero) also paid due homage to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2_iWSjNlKnw

Thanks for the link, also thanks to Ryo for the pictures by the way. Love the people riding along side the bus he's on. Is really great to see how Quintana through his accomplishments has brought so many people together. Another think I really like about Quintana is his humble beginnings. And from those beginnings he seems to really have started to become a hero of his hometown, maybe even of Colombia. Can't wait to see their reactions when he wins the Tour.
 
Oct 6, 2009
5,270
2
0
Visit site
Quintana and Soler! (from MOV team twitter)

I love how Nairo is in his sweatshirt & jeans, totally casual, while being bestowed with a multitude of honors. Such a cool guy. And they didn't forget about Soler, so glad to see him. :)

BRr5RN0CIAA4WwK.jpg:large
 
If it was about the paycheck he would be racing somewhere else;)

While the few cycling fans that exist in this country may know who Quintana is, the majority of people on the roads and who watch the highlights could give a ****.

They just want to see Wiggins and to a lesser extent Cav. You could have the world road race field or the Anatomic Jock race field beside those 2, they wouldn't be to tell the difference.
 
The Hitch said:
If it was about the paycheck he would be racing somewhere else;)

While the few cycling fans that exist in this country may know who Quintana is, the majority of people on the roads and who watch the highlights could give a ****.

They just want to see Wiggins and to a lesser extent Cav. You could have the world road race field or the Anatomic Jock race field beside those 2, they wouldn't be to tell the difference.

Yes Hitch, I think we know you despise the British, you don't have to keep telling us in every other post:D
 

TRENDING THREADS