• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team. Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 546 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

MarkvW said:
DirtyWorks said:
thehog said:

Thom Wiesel, who is still running USA Cycling, says "It's not fraud because doping is okay."

Where did you find that quote?

This is hardly news. I guess it's described in Wheelmen.
http://damonallison.com/2015/09/wheelmen-reading-notes/

LeMond was upset that Thom Weisel (manager / investor in USPS) supported drug use. LeMond didn’t trust him (Weisel wasn’t ethical) and broke all ties.

Again, there were years of cycling teams and doping leading into USPS.

Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
doperhopper said:

Landis made sure to go the legal dealing route. Armstrong not that smart! :lol:
Lol! Love how Wonderboys expensive team of dolts claims it's Tailwind Sports that's at fault here, not poor old Wonderboy(the *cough*"victim"*cough*)

86TDFWinner said:
Lol! Love how Wonderboys expensive team of dolts claims it's Tailwind Sports that's at fault here, not poor old Wonderboy(the *cough*"victim"*cough*)

Essentially, the tactic there is that there is, theoretically no more Tailwind. Hence, no one to sue if somehow "Tailwind" assumes the burden of the lawsuit.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
What do you guys think Lemond was referring to when he said there were 50-75 watts lacking depite Armstrong doping? I know Stade 2 rumorred he may have started the mechanical doping back then and it seems plausible but then again could it just be normal doping?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

D-Queued said:
Microchip said:
In a podcast I listened to today, more revelations are to come about Lance.

How is it possible that we haven't already probed the greatest depths of all of Lance's lies?

Dave.

Well Armstrong has not told all yet has he? Team mates would not know the full story. That would be only the privy of Armstrong, Bruyneel and other tailwind owners.

It could be that what we've heard from former teammates is only what they can relate at the moment. Sometimes a situation (which the average Joe knows nothing about) has to change before more of the truth can come out.
Benotti69 said:
Well Armstrong has not told all yet has he? Team mates would not know the full story. That would be only the privy of Armstrong, Bruyneel and other tailwind owners.

D-Queued said:
Microchip said:

How is it possible that we haven't already probed the greatest depths of all of Lance's lies?

Dave.

Because there are so many. He started cycling on the National team under Carmichael that was running a doping program. Combine that with his excessive exceptionalism and you've shown someone there are no rules. In this case, the exact wrong kind of person to show there are no rules. Meanwhile, the federations (UCI & USAC) are in on all of it, depending on the topic.

Plenty of stuff yet uncovered. I don't know what it is, but I don't doubt it.

DirtyWorks said:
D-Queued said:
Microchip said:

Dave.

Because there are so many. He started cycling on the National team under Carmichael that was running a doping program. Combine that with his excessive exceptionalism and you've shown someone there are no rules. In this case, the exact wrong kind of person to show there are no rules. Meanwhile, the federations (UCI & USAC) are in on all of it, depending on the topic.

Plenty of stuff yet uncovered. I don't know what it is, but I don't doubt it.

Totally agree. No way Wonderboy has given up everything, he still knows and refuses to say all.

He's chosen to play the victim card, which makes him look even more pathetic than he already is. I doubt we'll ever get it all from him.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Bet Armstrong is watching the tour with a slight nagging feeling in the back of his head. Bet he thinks he saw this somewhere before, but not as polished,

Armstrong is probably feeling slightly better about himself these days, what with all the snickering about Sky, Froome, Russians, Kenyans, Jamaicans...he must be telling himself 'see guys, I just did whatever everyone else was doing back then and apparently are still doing it today!'

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site

BullsFan22 said:
Armstrong is probably feeling slightly better about himself these days, what with all the snickering about Sky, Froome, Russians, Kenyans, Jamaicans...he must be telling himself 'see guys, I just did whatever everyone else was doing back then and apparently are still doing it today!'

Yeah, give it another couple of years and his most sophisticated doping regime of all time will drop out of the top 10.

Night Rider said:
BullsFan22 said:

Yeah, give it another couple of years and his most sophisticated doping regime of all time will drop out of the top 10.

LOL.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Night Rider said:
BullsFan22 said:

He could change that by telling everyone how he had the UCI is his back pocket and ASO were part the regime.

Re:

Microchip said:

Name the podcast. Cause, like. you know, when I was down the pub last night I overheard this geezer at the bar saying he had the inside dope that Sky were about to be revealed to be doing something they shouldn't. But that being the pub last night I know he was full of crap.

Benotti69 said:
Night Rider said:
BullsFan22 said:

He could change that by telling everyone how he had the UCI is his back pocket and ASO were part the regime.

LA lost control of his own narrative so this seems unlikely. The issue here is the outsourcing model which LA used and which SKY have copied. Armstrong is mentally incapable of taking responsibility for what has happened namely the willingness of gullible human beings to believe in lies. The fact that both he and now SKY are humiliating the French nation and one of its institutions does not compute with him. Now an outsource model is in place, they can get their fellow Americans/Brits to enjoy the ritualistic humiliation on their behalf and even become protagonists. Read the posts here and you find British fanbois acting out a sense of superiority viz-a-viz the French.

TRENDING THREADS