• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 110 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Not sure what relevance it may have, but Vrijman is one weird looking dude.

Yup, I heard from many people that he came across horribly in the movie.

_Alleen_een_zak_bl_104622a.jpeg

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Yup, I heard from many people that he came across horribly in the movie.

_Alleen_een_zak_bl_104622a.jpeg

He looks almost normal there, his cheeks were at least twice that size in the film.

-- SPOILER --

I was also pleasantly surprised at the prevalent role Ferrari had in the film. Gibney was able to interview him, even to the point of showing him watching the televised 2009 Ventoux climb with a stopwatch in hand to time Lance's efforts. Also surprised to see Lance admit on camera some of the things Ferrari did for them and advised them on - maybe he's said as much publicly before, but I hadn't recalled it. Then, switch to Ferrari watching the races or speaking about anything but blood or doping...I wonder what the good doctor thinks of the film (and Lance) now that it's complete?

May 27, 2012
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Gibney came right out and stated that Lance had paid ($100,000) for the Vrijman report, and directly implicated Verbruggen and McQuaid as well.

Not sure what relevance it may have, but Vrijman is one weird looking dude.

Dave.

Too bad the report came out 5 months after SCA settled...still might help with the extrinsic fraud argument they are making.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
caryopsis said:
He looks almost normal there, his cheeks were at least twice that size in the film.

-- SPOILER --

I was also pleasantly surprised at the prevalent role Ferrari had in the film. Gibney was able to interview him, even to the point of showing him watching the televised 2009 Ventoux climb with a stopwatch in hand to time Lance's efforts. Also surprised to see Lance admit on camera some of the things Ferrari did for them and advised them on - maybe he's said as much publicly before, but I hadn't recalled it. Then, switch to Ferrari watching the races or speaking about anything but blood or doping...I wonder what the good doctor thinks of the film (and Lance) now that it's complete?

Ullrich's older, more 'nourished' brother

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
LOL, he dodged a small bullet there. If someone gave me a copy of his book(-and they've tried to), I still wouldn't take them.

Don't worry it has been moved to the fiction section in book shops and in libraries. That is all that really matters in the end...

May 7, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I always assumed Vrijman simply wrote the report to support the conclusions he had been told to make by McQuaid/Verbruggen. Armstrong's lawyers actually writing and revising the report is certainly a cheeky bit of corruption I was not expecting.

Doesn't that mean LA's lawyers knowingly lied to Judge Sam Sparks during the suit to dismiss USADA last year?

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Dont know if this has been posted elsewhere but:

New film 'The Armstrong Lie' looks interesting..

'He had been commissioned to make what most people expected would be an uplifting documentary about Armstrong's second comeback, for the 2009 Tour de France. The famous cyclist, thinking the movie would be a puff piece, gave Gibney unprecedented access. Gibney filmed Armstrong lounging in hotel rooms, joking with his inner circle, getting upset with surprise drugs tests at his home as his daughters look on. Armstrong also allowed Gibney to interview Michele Ferrari, his notorious "doping doctor", who admits with a grin to continuing to give Armstrong "advice" well past the date Armstrong had supposedly cut off ties.'

See:
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/sep/11/lance-armstrong-alex-gibney-armstrong-lie-review-toronto

puffin said:
Dont know if this has been posted elsewhere but:

New film 'The Armstrong Lie' looks interesting..

'He had been commissioned to make what most people expected would be an uplifting documentary about Armstrong's second comeback, for the 2009 Tour de France. The famous cyclist, thinking the movie would be a puff piece, gave Gibney unprecedented access. Gibney filmed Armstrong lounging in hotel rooms, joking with his inner circle, getting upset with surprise drugs tests at his home as his daughters look on. Armstrong also allowed Gibney to interview Michele Ferrari, his notorious "doping doctor", who admits with a grin to continuing to give Armstrong "advice" well past the date Armstrong had supposedly cut off ties.'

See:
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/sep/11/lance-armstrong-alex-gibney-armstrong-lie-review-toronto

Yup.

See above for some insight (and possible spoilers).

Dave.

Deagol said:
Doesn't that mean LA's lawyers knowingly lied to Judge Sam Sparks during the suit to dismiss USADA last year?

I like Sam Sparks.

As a refresher:

]“This court is not inclined to indulge Armstrong’s desire for publicity, self-aggrandizement or vilification of Defendants, by sifting through 80 mostly unnecessary pages in search of the few kernels of factual material relevant to his claims,” Sparks said.

I am still laughing at Herman's reaction to the Sparks' ultimate dismissal:

"UCI has asserted that it has exclusive authority to decide whether charges should be brought in this case and has directed USADA not to proceed further," Herman said in a statement. "We are reviewing the court's lengthy opinion and considering Mr. Armstrong's options at this point."

Which brings us back to what Sparks had to say about the UCI and USA Cycling and its topicality with the UCI election at hand:

" ...if these bodies wish to damage the image of their sport through bitter infighting, they will have to do so without the involvement of the United States courts."

Dave.

D-Queued said:
" ...if these bodies wish to damage the image of their sport through bitter infighting, they will have to do so without the involvement of the United States courts."

Dave.

Can I get an Amen? Amen!

Meanwhile Maloney at Road Bike Distraction is desperately trying recreate the myth, entirely intact with a strange spin on the Wonderboy creep-umentary and taking cheap shots at veloclinic. Carmichael still has a column there too. Ewww.

No, I won't link to it.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Can I get an Amen? Amen!

Meanwhile Maloney at Road Bike Distraction is desperately trying recreate the myth, entirely intact with a strange spin on the Wonderboy creep-umentary and taking cheap shots at veloclinic. Carmichael still has a column there too. Ewww.

No, I won't link to it.

Yeah, no need to link to that garbage......it smells a lot like that disturbed guy who used to post here a bunch. Funny how they all have the same absurd talking points, it is almost like it is coordinated or something. Can't image rational people come up with that nonsense independently

TRENDING THREADS