Official Valverde thread.

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Aguirre said:
FAKE NEWS is what Cyclingnews is doing all the time concerning Valverde, the true has gone, anyone barely remembers the case, when, how, why, but the only fact CN repeats as a mantra is usually: "Valverde was banned in 2010 after his DNA was matched to one of the blood bag seized in a raid on the premises of disgraced Spanish doctor Eufamiano Fuentes." Bla, bla, bla. Just repeating all over again this mantra the true is never more clear, but people is convinced that since he was banned for two years he was a cheater, and since he doesnt show remorse or prefers to scape the questionning, he continues being a cheater. What an idea of justice people have!!!! (including CN). Hypocrites!
It's not FAKE NEWS when it's 100% true.

Re:

hrotha said:
Valverde says "sois vosotros, que le dais trascendencia", which means "give weight" as in "attach importance", not "attach legitimacy" or "make more credible". He's saying it shouldn't matter, not implying that it didn't happen. The nuance is subtle in English but much more explicit in Spanish.

They aren't very good at translating. It wouldn't shock me if he just start ignoring the questions as he's not going to answer them. It also seems he doesn't believe the questions being asked are legitimate questions.

Except he's technically correct. He hasn't failed an anti doping test. (LA did and it was covered it). Valverde's issue was having one of his blood bags as part of the group that was taken during the Operation Puerto raid.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
It's messages like these that make me lose all sympathy I have for Valverde again:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/valverde-i-never-tested-positive/

**** off Piti
He said "I never tested positive but they decided to sanction me and there you go. I served the ban and since my return the only thing I have done is enjoyed cycling."

I don't see any offense in that. It's the truth. He doesn't even say - here - that he didn't do anything wrong.

But of course Cyclingnews must make such a ridiculous headline.

Re:

Koronin said:
Except he's technically correct. He hasn't failed an anti doping test. (LA did and it was covered it). Valverde's issue was having one of his blood bags as part of the group that was taken during the Operation Puerto raid.
Sometimes I really wonder who you think you're talking to...

I think everybody who will ever read a comment in here is familiar with that fact.

tobydawq said:
Koronin said:
Sometimes I really wonder who you think you're talking to...

I think everybody who will ever read a comment in here is familiar with that fact.
Just the fact that failing/not failing a doping test and blood bags being DNA tested aren't the same thing.

tobydawq said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
It's messages like these that make me lose all sympathy I have for Valverde again:

**** off Piti
He said "I never tested positive but they decided to sanction me and there you go. I served the ban and since my return the only thing I have done is enjoyed cycling."

I don't see any offense in that. It's the truth. He doesn't even say - here - that he didn't do anything wrong.

I see an implication that only a positive test is a sanctionable offense.

roundabout said:
tobydawq said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

**** off Piti

I see an implication that only a positive test is a sanctionable offense.
Yeah, you may be right.

I don't think it was the wisest comment either.

May 26, 2010
Re:

Koronin said:
We don't know if Vavlerde failed and a test and it was covered up.

I do think cycling was the victim in operation puerto.

May 26, 2010
Valverde's blood was tested, it was tested for EPO and it was again tested for his DNA to match CONI's test of Valverde's DNA.

That is at least 3 tests. So yes he was tested and tested positive.

Aug 20, 2017
Yes,
and we should remember points 177&178 of CAS 2009/A/1879:
177. Lastly, the Panel cannot ignore the statements made by Mr. Manzano (...);
178. In particular, Mr. Manzano stated that each cyclist on the Kelme team (including Mr. Valverde) received a doping treatment program based on his or her own competition schedule, which included the use of doping substances such as EPO and testosterone.
Injections were given directly by Dr. Fuentes during competitions (in hotel rooms where the athletes were staying), or the athletes (such as Mr. Valverde) received pre-filled syringes with which to perform the injections at home during trainings.
According to Mr. Manzano Mr. Valverde received injections of doping substances (such as EPO) on several occasions (for example, when the cyclists were training in Alicante. In addition, on the occasion of Tour od Spain 2003, the cyclists (i.e. Mr. Valverde) also received testosterone patches that they required to wear for a particular period of time (2 hours) in order to avoid a positive test during anti-doping controls.

Not surprising but very annoying as no doubt very expensive footballers (soccer) were implicated. Wealthy and powerful sports will continue to think they can manipulate as they please. It will also encourage more such behaviour in the future. Cycling was the fall guy.

Re:

Cookster15 said:
Not surprising but very annoying as no doubt very expensive footballers (soccer) were implicated. Wealthy and powerful sports will continue to think they can manipulate as they please. It will also encourage more such behaviour in the future. Cycling was the fall guy.
I agree with you.

However, why isn't there a separate thread for Operation Puerto? It's bigger than Valverde or cycling.

I couldn't find a thread about Operation Peurto using search or looking back 10 pages in the clinic. I agree, moderators should put these general OP posts in a new/existing thread about it if there is one, not Valverde's.

Thanks. Just checked on Windows/Chrome and there is no Advanced Search, so that's why it's the first i've heard of it I guess. I'll bookmark that url though as very useful. Will save a stack of time.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS