• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paolini positive for cocaine

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

More Strides than Rides said:
This is the kind of gossip The Secret Pro is good for. Some people (if i remember correctly) speculated that he is in fact Paolini. (I'm believing it is several different writers).

Usually the dude comes out with a TDF write up, so we'll see...

the secret pro constantly has this anglosaxo tone. il nonno is one of the most traditional cyclists in the peloton....

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

"OK, end of... one last question: What is performance enhancing taking cocaine? And if it is, why not taking something that can´t be tested for?

Doper not caught doping, but partying. End of.[/quote]

Is this is serious post? Read up on cocaine. Wow

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
The funniest part would be if would come clean and admit that he is a coke addict and has been taking coke on regular basis for years without getting caught ...

Would would the UCI say then?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

Energy Starr said:
"OK, end of... one last question: What is performance enhancing taking cocaine? And if it is, why not taking something that can´t be tested for?

Doper not caught doping, but partying. End of.

Is this is serious post? Read up on cocaine. Wow[/quote]

Yeah, wow... it´s firing up... and then? You get better trou 3 weeks once the coke is out of the system? Brilliant post. :rolleyes:

carton said:
Benotti69 said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpLV0cLsplA

:eek:

Probably out partying with all these Colombians that are racing in Europe............ :cool: :rolleyes: :D

Hate that you can't put video links on this forum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJM8yJTn_I0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_prevalence_of_cocaine_use

Actually that seriously under-reports France, among others:

http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/countries/france
What do you mean? You just put a video link on here.

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Energy Starr said:

Doper not caught doping, but partying. End of.

Is this is serious post? Read up on cocaine. Wow

Yeah, wow... it´s firing up... and then? You get better trou 3 weeks once the coke is out of the system? Brilliant post. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I guess I'll spell it out for you since you can't figure it out, because now it appears it was a serious post. A little (doesn't take a lot, we're not talking about snorting a kilo here) at or near the business end of a stage isn't going to hurt you for the next day or any other time. It will help you when you need it. Especially if it's mixed right with your other drugs of choice. Wake up.

A stream of tweets by Paolini about it

https://twitter.com/Ilgerva77

Translated into English by google:
-Sorry, but I had to absorb the blow! I believe and have always believed in the controls, are making the sport more credible, more and more
-I wanted to be quiet and solve this thing on my own !! I am not the type who cries to the scandal and look for loopholes useless
-And what happened, I take my responsibilities in full and try to do the maximum clarity! I apologize to all my colleagues
-runners and definitely with @tour, aso etc. knowing that the time was less appropriate, especially for the high media concentration
-I apologize to my teammates Fantastic @katushacycling and I hope that my absence is not detrimental to a good end result ...
-In these days I will do everything possible to understand how it was possible ... But one thing I tend to point out! Of evil in the world there is something to do
-But for people who loves me is neither even more! So *** critics of free and I hope, with a dense collaboration with the UCI
-to do more clarity on possible 'happened! good night to rosiconi and especially to those who have proven to be a friend! sorry again

Re:

TMP402 said:

-Sorry, but I had to absorb the blow! I believe and have always believed in the controls, are making the sport more credible, more and more
-I wanted to be quiet and solve this thing on my own !! I am not the type who cries to the scandal and look for loopholes useless
-And what happened, I take my responsibilities in full and try to do the maximum clarity! I apologize to all my colleagues
-runners and definitely with @tour, aso etc. knowing that the time was less appropriate, especially for the high media concentration
-I apologize to my teammates Fantastic @katushacycling and I hope that my absence is not detrimental to a good end result ...
-In these days I will do everything possible to understand how it was possible ... But one thing I tend to point out! Of evil in the world there is something to do
-But for people who loves me is neither even more! So **** critics of free and I hope, with a dense collaboration with the UCI
-to do more clarity on possible 'happened! good night to rosiconi and especially to those who have proven to be a friend! sorry again

"I had to absorb the blow."

Did he really say that?
If so, Paolini has a good sense of humour.

I wonder if he will be blaming the river of Po like Contador did with the steak. He lives close to it.

"Benzoylecgonine is sometimes found in drinking water supplies. In 2005, scientists found surprisingly large quantities of benzoylecgonine in Italy's Po River and used its concentration to estimate the number of cocaine users in the region."

"It is formed in the liver by the metabolism of cocaine, catalysed by carboxylesterases, and subsequently excreted in the urine. It can be found in the urine for considerably longer than the cocaine itself which is generally cleared out within 5 days."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzoylecgonine

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Do riders still do those? Like here, take this cocktail of the half dozen most easily detectable drugs on the planet, both in urine and in blood, just before the very possible post-race doping control, because it will probably be mildly performance enhancing, although it could also send you to emergency room.

The blood bag theory makes more sense to me.

Re:

goggalor said:
Do riders still do those? Like here, take this cocktail of the half dozen most easily detectable drugs on the planet, both in urine and in blood, just before the very possible post-race doping control, because it will probably be mildly performance enhancing, although it could also send you to emergency room.

Nothing that involves a human being ingesting cocaine makes any sense.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re:

goggalor said:

I wouldn't know off-hand, but I do know there was a recent CERA EPO positive.

I don't see why you wouldn't use something you're familiar with that works for you.

Seems more likely he got done for extended glow time, but I wouldn't discount anything.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

pastronef said:
TheRaceRadio says

if it was from prior use he would also have been positive in the Pre-Tour check every rider has

now that Lance is done, RR has regained faith in the testing system. :rolleyes:

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
The Netherlands already have a funky drug history, perhaps Tom Boonen had a chat with Paolini when they crossed through Belgium...

Anyhow, it would not be completely impossible for him to have gotten cocaine in his system by him not knowing. However, as a cyclist you should be careful about what you eat & drink. Some natural ingredients contain traces of cocaine or similarity compounds, e.g. Red Bull.

Re:

Catwhoorg said:
Bye Bye.

And yes its a stimulant. Probably more for short term events, but that is why it is on the WADA list.

Pot Belge contains cocaine, and that obviously has a history in cycling.

If B sample is positive this should be a straight forward 4 year ban.

Pot Belge also contains heroin and you're not going to persuade me that that anyone would take heroin as a PED in this day and age.

the delgados said:
TMP402 said:

-But for people who loves me is neither even more! So **** critics of free and I hope, with a dense collaboration with the UCI

"I had to absorb the blow."

Did he really say that?
If so, Paolini has a good sense of humour.
That looks like a Google Translate, so I doubt it.

TRENDING THREADS