• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Potential reactions to Armstrong news...

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
No - it doesn't relate to that, it relates to your comment on "who are you to be judge, jury & executioner" and that your views on Lance are "neutral".

I have read all your posts and I dont see your view on LA as "neutral":

Neutral in my book ,,, what i am not allowed to say thankyou ?
am i to cyberstone him . ? what .
You know if you keep telling me what i am neutral or not ,, i might just end up having to switch and like the guy , so i can be the underdog again .
lol .

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
stainlessguy1 said:
All these comercials you talk about , i have never seen one of them .
I see more thru all these posts then ever shows on my 2 station rabbit ear TV set . For 40 years i never had cable TV . I can tell you areas in the part of the woods that people farm and dont even have TV's .
So i never heard anything about money embezzlement ?

:D

I do not understand what you are talking about, perhaps that is your intention?

Livestrong combine audit report. Rather easy to read and question why so much is spent on travel, advertising, and legal. Open Book and all that.
http://www.livestrong.org/pdfs/4-0/2008-2009combinedauditreport

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Where do you think Wonderboy learned his tricks from?

Bono's ONE foundation under fire for giving little over 1% of funds to charity

ouvbc2.jpg

Bono is perhaps where I learned to sniff-out the trouble. I was an EARLY fan of U2. Early as in pre-MTV (I'm not from Ireland, so I can't claim ultra-early). This was a band I truly stood behind. They truly moved me. Ask anyone in my 3000 student high school who the U2 fan was. Me. But by 1987 or so, I'd simply had enough of Bono. Because he was behaving as the self-appointed leader of the liberal-thinking world. If there was a left-leaning cause, there was Bono on TV talking in support of it.

I drew the line at his taking a position on a UN panel. Bono simply turned U2 into an allergen my body can not stand. So I switched to the B-52's. I shoulda paid more attention to them anyway. Much more fun!

b52s.jpg

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
Don't tell me, tell Dr Maserati.

He was the one that was asking if any high profile fundraisers use private jets. I'm sure there are many more examples....

Bono would take a private jet to an event designed to raise awareness about our over-dependence on fossil fuels.

Ed Begley Jr would instead ride his bike:

1-ed-begley-bicycle.jpg

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
stainlessguy1 said:
ARe all high profile fundraisers , million dollar athletes with huge contracts . ?

Huge contracts - you mean like the $2 million LA pockets for doing a race like the TdU in Australia, that he has to fly to for a 3rd time because they don't appear to understand 'cancer awareness'?

Then no is the answer.

stainlessguy1 said:

Why is it that when you criticize someone's opinion they play the victim and claim or infer they are "not allowed" to express their opinion?

You're "allowed" to speak your mind. Don't expect anyone to agree with you or remain silent. Make your case and stop acting like a victim.

Dr. Maserati said:
Hmm, does 'Livestrong' have a "Staff Travel & Expense Policy" like the Gates Foundation.

Travel itineraries are based on, and in order of: Non-stop routes, the foundation’s preferred carriers, lowest possible fare available at time of booking, and flights available two hours before and two hours after the requested flight time.

Hmmm...

Charter flights are not approved within our travel policy and are to be considered only under exceptional circumstances, such as when security risks or the absence of commercial flights make commercial travel nonviable.

Double hmmm...

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
stainlessguy1 said:
am i to cyberstone him . ? what .
You know if you keep telling me what i am neutral or not ,, i might just end up having to switch and like the guy , so i can be the underdog again .
lol .

You can say whatever you want - in fact I encourage it - I enjoy when posters fawn over Lance and then state that they are neutral.

Also, you can 'switch and like the guy' and not remain 'neutral' as you please, although I don't expect to see any difference in your posts.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Hmmm...

Double hmmm...

I would think the staff of the Livestrong foundation fly strictly commercial, as do the staff of the Bill Gates Foundation.

But Bill Gates has a netjet private jet for personal use.
No problem with that. He is a very busy man.

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
There has been more written in these forum's about Lance Armstrong than the Warren Commission's entire 888 page, 26 volume report on the JFK Assassination. Plus all the conspiracy book's that followed that contained nothing but distorted facts and disinformation. Frankly the theme in these forums are leading in the same direction on the subject of Lance Armstrong. I ask You, particulary the American Member's of this Forum. What is Your obsession with this sporting fraudster ? And when are You going to exorcise Your brain's cognitive thought processes to rid this subject from Your mind's while striving to create consonance, instead of Cognitive dissonance?:eek:

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Monte Zoncolon said:
There has been more written in these forum's about Lance Armstrong than the Warren Commission's entire 888 page, 26 volume report on the JFK Assassination. Plus all the conspiracy book's that followed that contained nothing but distorted facts and disinformation. Frankly the theme in these forums are leading in the same direction on the subject of Lance Armstrong. I ask You, particulary the American Member's of this Forum. What is Your obsession with this sporting fraudster ? And when are You going to exorcise Your brain's cognitive thought processes to rid this subject from Your mind's while striving to create consonance, instead of Cognitive dissonance?:eek:

And why do you care if we're American or not? I could ask you why you feel the need to debate the topic in English instead of your own native tongue (on another forum). If you're an Anglo-Saxon, do you feel there is a difference between British/Aussie/Irish haters and American ones?

I don't ask why Armstrong's defenders think the way that they do, or why they care so much. I just assume that there will be some that think this way. The stated purpose of this forum is to discuss doping. And lately, Lance is the soup du jour. Big deal. 2 months ago we were all interested in the Spanish beef industry.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Monte Zoncolon said:

So who did kill JFK? :confused:

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
Then why does he have a net jet ownership?
For Malaria Awareness?

net-jets-ad-300.jpg

I've flown on the same commercial flight as he when he was on his way to a B&MGF event. I assume the flight was on the foundation's dime.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120527602068728549.html

Warren Buffett and Bill Gates play bridge together, team up on philanthropy and appear jointly in ads for private-jet service Netjets. There's something else the two tycoons share: a fondness for sharp-tongued putdowns.

I don't think even the great Chairman Bill has his OWN jet. And he's worth more than all of professional athletes put together.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Monte Zoncolon said:
And when are You going to exorcise Your brain's cognitive thought processes to rid this subject from Your mind's while striving to create consonance, instead of Cognitive dissonance?:eek:

Barbossa: "There are a lot of long words in there... ; we're naught but humble pirates. ... I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means "no"."

Captain+Barbossa.gif

In my case, I mean "soon". I just felt good to finally share my experience and opinions, albeit anonymously, in dealing with a sporting celebrity and his blessed NPO and seeing really disgusting actions that few outside of this CN forum would consider valid or truthful.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Monte Zoncolon said:

I doubt that more has been written about LA than JFK. It really does not matter. I remember that just yesterday someone posted multiple posts with transcript .JPG files that started a fresh new thread on the matter. Now you want to ask a specific question to "American Member's"? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.