• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
maltiv said:
All you need to do to stop GC contenders winning bunch sprints is to make some sort of leadout train. Worked for me at least, but they will probably fix this bug soon anyway. I have to say I was quite surprised when Chris Horner won the first stage of TDU in a bunch sprint :p

If only that worked!
I had a train of N Sorensen and big Jens with schlecklet in behind - was even on time with valverde, so chasing the 20" time bonus on second to last stage. Sorensen leading and we're at the front of the peleton. He's toast, so Jens cuts loose and we go clear just before the sprint starts. overhauled by a lone valverde who wasn't even following anyone in the last 5kms!! to finish 3rd...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Archibald said:
If only that worked!
I had a train of N Sorensen and big Jens with schlecklet in behind - was even on time with valverde, so chasing the 20" time bonus on second to last stage. Sorensen leading and we're at the front of the peleton. He's toast, so Jens cuts loose and we go clear just before the sprint starts. overhauled by a lone valverde who wasn't even following anyone in the last 5kms!! to finish 3rd...

surely the difference there is that Valverde is a better sprinter than Schleck so would get the win unless you had a huge lead

saganftw said:
it can be rescued,for now it seems as the biggest issue is sprintbug which can be solved with editing DB (not 100% but at least something)

i personaly miss variants,though new pcmdaily database has fixed this issue so i will see how it works

i also miss sprinttrains,but on the other hand PCM09 has too many of them which is not realistic either

as i said before,proly in winter PCM10 will be playable and maybe better than 09 now its more like betatest :D, but its still PCM like previous versions -you have to do some work on the game before you start to play it

As database expert I am here to dissapoint you.

This gameplay cannot be fixed with the database. No matter how I changed the stat matrix.

I tried basically everything. But PCM 2010 is hopeless. Too many AI flaws.
Switch back to PCM 2009 ;)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

This gameplay cannot be fixed with the database. No matter how I changed the stat matrix.

does this mean they are back to the one good release one bad cycle then.

Dekker_Tifosi said:

How could they have ****ed up something like that? Do they actually try to write the damn thing from scratch every year instead of building up on what already works?

Dekker_Tifosi said:

well i changed sprint stat for GC contenders (which means they have 55 there,since in rl they never sprint it doesnt matter how high is this stat) and their acceleration,because its imposible for contador to have acc 80+ or leipheimer 70+ (he never accelerate anyway:D)

i changed their sprint orientaton stat (dunno the exact name,but you know what i mean) - saying that i dont know if it helps or not,some ppl say it does some oposite

and i also lowered their flat stat,not too much ofc but every sprinter has higher flat than any GC contender

i also changed recovery stat for sprinters because they have too low number there

then i changed sprinters form because in rl top sprinters are peaking during biggest races which is not the case in PCM,i always make sure they are close to 90

now i never do simulation,because i have weird results with it in previous versions and i ve never quite figured out how to do it properly

so in my 3D gameplay i have always sprinters finishing in top places (ocasionaly cancelara and some of good flat guys do get in top 10,but im yet to see contador or evans being top 10) - part of solution is actually to make sprint train for your guy,because then other sprinters will take your wheel,i ve even seen devolder pulling boonen,but i think i was just bug in no-train-AI:D - speaking about trains in PCM09 there are too many of them,every sprinter has somebody to put him up front,in PCM10 ai doesnt make train but if you do you have only one train in sprint finish which is more realistic

i dont know which of my adjustments work,if any but i have no problem with sprinters...it could be im just lucky being in my first season,so i will test it further while waiting for ppl to make variants for my database (if any stage creator is reading this post pls make variants for GT and pro tour stage races,lets say 10 years :D - especially from 1990s)

btw: i use FCM database,made by french guys and they have done something called "new fatigue management" -have no idea what does it mean and if it influences outcome of races

also i didnt pay much attention to cobbled races,as i read its fcked up too,i will from now on

sherer said:
surely the difference there is that Valverde is a better sprinter than Schleck so would get the win unless you had a huge lead

you'd expect maybe a sprinter to overhaul a guy getting lead out, but not valverde. he was at least 6 riders back in the last kilometre and with no lead out or train, and no one directly in front of him. hell, he beat the sprinters that were ahead of him in their separate trains...
it was just a really bizarre final 500m

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

09 that much better? graphic crashes still? more races made? the PCM database as good? (i dont mean any of this with sarcasm id like to know since i didnt play 09)

oh im turtlesoup as well on PCMdaily

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Since Patch 1.0.4.1 the game has gotten 10000000000000000000000000x better

Even I play it now ;)

I play with PPDB expansion and am really enjoying my career with Colombia Es Passion:cool:
Is it at least at PCM09 level now? If so, I might look into getting this.

I'm really enjoying my current game. Custom Team LeMond. I signed Landis. :cool:

(And Henao!)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Since Patch 1.0.4.1 the game has gotten 10000000000000000000000000x better

Even I play it now ;)

I play with PPDB expansion and am really enjoying my career with Colombia Es Passion:cool:

Do the GT routes still repeat year after year?, and has the silly sprint glitch where Contador, Samu, and Basso podium all the flat stages been fixed?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I still play the 09-Version. I can´t buy the 10-Version because i have invested 1+ year in making up the 09-Database (erasing caught dopers, and make realistic attributes). It was worth it. Now it´s great. Contador is still winning the TdF but doing so without winning 5 Stages. Cavendish now wins or don´t finish in the Top-10 etc. etc.! It´s all as realistic as it can get now. I enjoy it. The only thing i couldn´t change is the too big time gaps between groups at MTF´s.

BTW, i absolutely don´t care about graphics. The only reason to purchase a computer game is, it has to be realistic. And nothing comes close to the PCM.

I once tried NFL-Games and Soccer-Games. Super graphics, many plays etc. etc.! But they failed miserably in verisimilitude. Who´s punting the Ball 160 times a season? And how many times the score of a soccer game is 6-3 after 90 minutes?

I better live with some bad graphics, because who´s looking at graphics when you have all hands full to keep your captain in the lead group, and defending attacks by opposing riders?

as a major football fan and an hardcore player of pro evolution soccer with my friends. i can tell you that our games rarely have more then 3 goals. and even 3 goals becomes rare. its not the game but how you play it. and since you call football "soccer" i assume you are from the us were tactical knowledge of football is btw none and hardly. thats why you score so many goals.

anyway moving back to the topic. i have played pcm 2009 on my old comp but it was tooooo damn slow to load the stages. i mean 10 minutes to load a stage is just crap. the game had no other problems even during the stage everything went perfect.

i now have a new comp so i would like to give the pcm a new try.

if that doesn't work i may go and have fun with the first version i played( cycling manager 2004) just for old times sake

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
It takes around 3-5 minutes to load a stage (may because i am playing very low graphic-levels). But that´s no problem. I can sort out my tactics, write down the opposing favourites etc... I have much to do preparing.

Even if the soccer games nowadays are down to 3 GPG, it´s still way too much. I am not from America, but got bored with soccer, cheating and Blatter a long time ago. The NFL also is winding down. The golden 80´s are gone since greed took over. Now am left with cycling...

May 14, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Is it at least at PCM09 level now? If so, I might look into getting this.

I'm really enjoying my current game. Custom Team LeMond. I signed Landis. :cool:

(And Henao!)

Now that he's back on a team is he making discreet enquiries about starting on a medical program? I mean, just how realistic is this game? No Jack Daniels drinking, I hope?

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
When I played Le Tour for the first time I had Chavanel and Devolder in the top 10. Bloody ridiculous!

I have to add, there's this great little tool which helps you develop training programs for each of your riders so they arrive at your goal races at 90+ fitness and low fatigue. In my first season I burned out all my riders after Le Tour. It's called "PCM Planer v17".

Is there much to worry about with the # absolute leaders you have in your team? If you have a crappy absolute leader like Leipheimer doing domestique work all the time does it create problems?

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
bicing said:
When I played Le Tour for the first time I had Chavanel and Devolder in the top 10. Bloody ridiculous!

I have to add, there's this great little tool which helps you develop training programs for each of your riders so they arrive at your goal races at 90+ fitness and low fatigue. In my first season I burned out all my riders after Le Tour. It's called "PCM Planer v17".

Is there much to worry about with the # absolute leaders you have in your team? If you have a crappy absolute leader like Leipheimer doing domestique work all the time does it create problems?

Play at least hard, or extreme. I think on hard is the most realistic, but on extreme there is a real challenge.

When Leipheimer is an absolute leader, and you use him always as a domestique, and don't try to win him races, then his morale will go down.

TRENDING THREADS