• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 148 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Great win for Van Anrooij even without the mechanical I don't think Pieterse would have won, these long hard climbs were too much for her. Backstedt was superb today, maybe next year she will be already ready to fight for the win in some courses.

Can't see anyone beating Van Aert in the men's race under normal circumstances.

Reactions: Barkintheeye
Backstedt finished ahead of her team mate again; best finish in a World Cup by a British woman for quite a few years.......

Great win for Van Anrooij even without the mechanical I don't think Pieterse would have won, these long hard climbs were too much for her. Backstedt was superb today, maybe next year she will be already ready to fight for the win in some courses.

The course was probably too muddy for Pieterse to show her superior skills......And it's hard to see the technically superior MvdP/ Pidcock beating the raw power of Van Aert.

One of the best cross races I've seen. Pidcock was leading midway through the penultimate lap, but in the end lost almost a minute. Vantourenhout, the best of the "mortals" almost 2 minutes back, monster gaps. MVDP always had an extra gear to go to, when Pidcock or WVA got in terms or even briefly passed him, he really looked like he went out to make a statement after fridays defeat. And boy did he do one.

Reactions: Barkintheeye

Latest posts