• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 244 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.png

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
Another dominant win which is a pity, really thought Schreiber would be the main challenger today. I know she is better on the faster courses, but she has been ahead of Zemanova/Bentveld most races this year. Holmgreen really went on a charge.
I think Schreiber herself was pretty disappointed after crossing the line.

It's interesting how the Holmgren twins are so different. Isabella is a real diesel, tall(ish) and slender, and Ava is more of a technical pocket rocket. Isabella will probably get the best results, power always prevails and she has plenty of it. To post faster lap times than Backstedt on a pure power course like this is very promising.

It's interesting how the Holmgren twins are so different. Isabella is a real diesel, tall(ish) and slender, and Ava is more of a technical pocket rocket. Isabella will probably get the best results, power always prevails and she has plenty of it. To post faster lap times than Backstedt on a pure power course like this is very promising.
It will be interesting to see what kind of courses they are able to find success on in their road careers.

I would argue with my - as you might have noticed - slightly unusual logic, that there was actual one Danish rider in the U23 women's race.
The Holmgren sisters have a Danish father, and two halves equals a whole.
And an older brother, named Gunnar......now on Bart's KMC-Ridley team.

The expected win from Zoe - on that course power is everything. And a very good battle between the non WT riders....Zemanova & Bentveld; Isabella with a strong ride in 4th ahead of Schreiber who isn't suited by these courses.

Reactions: jmdirt
Well another world title for Van der Poel, only one away from Erik De Vlaeminck now. That should give him the motivation to keep going at least one (or two) more years.

Nieuwenhuis with a very good second place and Vanthourenhout once again the best Belgian in a big championship by getting third.

Also, farewell Ždenek Štybar!

Reactions: Sciatic and jmdirt