• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Was out for a ride on my bike this afternoon and was checking how I did on some segmenys and I noticed on one segment a climb of nearly 3k at 2% that the fastest time was a female by some distance, I looked into it and its by Anna Kay who won the Bronze at the worlds U23 and lives only a few miles from me,

Despite the riders being on the limit, the pace seemed to be a bit slower than with Van Der Poel. I think partly because the sand was quite loose and the ruts weren't holding the wheels well, but also because VDP wasn't pushing the pace.
I don't know how Mathieu being a minute up the road, would otherwise push the other rider's pace? That shouldn't matter unless they'd be in danger of getting lapped. I think it's just end of season, these guys aren't Mathieu (or Wout) and are knackered.

I did think it was interesting to see Pidcock suddenly slip back into mediocrity though, less than a week after the WC.

I did think it was interesting to see Pidcock suddenly slip back into mediocrity though, less than a week after the WC.
[/QUOTE]

Check out the Trinity Racing update - he was saving his legs for the race that was cancelled yesterday - which I can well believe. I noticed that during the race on Saturday he was dropping off the back of the group contesting 3rd but finished in amongst them apart from Aerts and Sweeck.

A couple of moves going on between teams. Earlier in the year Thomas Mein and Emiel Verstrygne have signed for the Tormans CX team, with the team apparently wanting to expand to have a couple of women on it aswell. Shirin van Anrooij has obviously signed with Telenet Baloise, with her sister now presumably replacing Manon Bakker at Experza CX. Speaking on of Bakker, her and the other rider in black Mees Hendrikx have both been scooped up by Creafin Fristads.
Interestingly Hendrikx had signed for Creafin last year when it wasn't part of the Roodhooft conglomerate of teams. However he seemed to end up with Acrog Balen for the first half of the season and was left teamless when they swapped from Pauwels Sauzen to Tormans.

Having watched the last races of the season I must say that Annemarie Worst looks very good on the bike. She together with Alvarado have progressed markedly in terms of solid technique and speed. The rest of the field look sketchier though. There is probably going to be a quick development in improved technique and speed as the younger riders are more likely to be better bike handlers. Guess this follows what we see among junior men that look really solid. Shows that cyclocross has a positive momentum and that it is a good way into all kinds of professional cycling.

On a side note will we see Ryan Kamp closing in on the top 10 elite men next year or is it too early yet?

Michael Vanthourenhout has got to be one of the most frustrating riders to be a fan of - he really lacks a winning instinct. I truly think he was the strongest guy this weekend and came away empty handed twice. He just seems to lack confidence. He never seems to want to carry on with an attack and is always looking back for someone else to take over despite the fact he seems to have one of the worst sprints in the field.

Having watched the last races of the season I must say that Annemarie Worst looks very good on the bike. She together with Alvarado have progressed markedly in terms of solid technique and speed. The rest of the field look sketchier though. There is probably going to be a quick development in improved technique and speed as the younger riders are more likely to be better bike handlers. Guess this follows what we see among junior men that look really solid. Shows that cyclocross has a positive momentum and that it is a good way into all kinds of professional cycling.

On a side note will we see Ryan Kamp closing in on the top 10 elite men next year or is it too early yet?
I think he might do what Iserbyt did and spend a year in the rainbow stripes and then move up, but in the non u23 races I think it's pretty likely. At the end of the season we've seen Vandeputte really come alive in the final few races so they could both be up there next season.

TRENDING THREADS