• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riders to reach 100 pro wins

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which riders will reach 100 pro wins?

• Total voters
So it has taken Pogacar 3 days less than 4 years to get from his first win to his 50th.

So I guess that sets an above/below of 15 February 2027 for him reaching 100.

I'll go above (ie after than that date), because I think he will do fewer large haul races like his home tour.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHAD0W93
10 months later according to PCS wins:

Arnaud Démare (89) -> (92) +3
Elia Viviani (86) -> (87) +1
Primoz Roglic (64)-> (74) +10
Dylan Groenewegen (62) -> (67) +5
Caleb Ewan (57) -> (60) +3
Tadej Pogacar (43) -> (58) +15
Remco Evenepoel (33) -> (43) +10
Mathieu van der Poel (39) -> (42) +3
Fabio Jakobsen (36) -> (41) +5
Wout van Aert (38) -> (40) +2

Van Aert and Van der Poel, can't see that happening anymore. Jakobsen, Ewan and Groenewegen highly doubtful. Viviani too close to discount, but he'll need a Cavend'ish revival.

Annemiek van Vleuten joined the 100 club today, with her stage win in the Giro Donne:

Van Aert is currently at 41 wins and 32 second places. At this pace he is about as likely to reach 100 pro second places as he is to reach 100 pro wins.

That said, looking at Démarre, Ewan, Viviani or Roglic. That split between wins and 2nd places is not really unusual. Mainly Evenepoel (44 wins, 16 second places) and especially Pogacar (60 wins, 13 second places) have a much better average.

Van Aert is currently at 41 wins and 32 second places. At this pace he is about as likely to reach 100 pro second places as he is to reach 100 pro wins.

That said, looking at Démarre, Ewan, Viviani or Roglic. That split between wins and 2nd places is not really unusual. Mainly Evenepoel (44 wins, 16 second places) and especially Pogacar (60 wins, 13 second places) have a much better average.
For Evenepoel, 8 of those 16 second places came this season alone. It's been an unusual start of the season for him in that regard. Pogacar on the other hand doesn't have a single second place this season.

10 months later according to PCS wins:

Arnaud Démare (89) -> (92) +3
Elia Viviani (86) -> (87) +1
Primoz Roglic (64)-> (74) +10
Dylan Groenewegen (62) -> (67) +5
Caleb Ewan (57) -> (60) +3
Tadej Pogacar (43) -> (58) +15
Remco Evenepoel (33) -> (43) +10
Mathieu van der Poel (39) -> (42) +3
Fabio Jakobsen (36) -> (41) +5
Wout van Aert (38) -> (40) +2

Van Aert and Van der Poel, can't see that happening anymore. Jakobsen, Ewan and Groenewegen highly doubtful. Viviani too close to discount, but he'll need a Cavend'ish revival.
Démare is so close! But after the way this season has been going, I don't feel so sure anymore that any of them will reach 100 pro wins.

Edited to add: anyone not a sprinter.

So it has taken Pogacar 3 days less than 4 years to get from his first win to his 50th.

So I guess that sets an above/below of 15 February 2027 for him reaching 100.

I'll go above (ie after than that date), because I think he will do fewer large haul races like his home tour.
Similarly, it has taken Evenepoel 4 years and 3 months to get from win 1 to number 50.

So his above/below is December 2027 for the 100. I'm sure he would quite like the TT jersey at the Haute Savoie Worlds in 2027 (possibly his last chance before that date) as the one for the landmark.

I voted Pogacar, Roglic and meant to include Demare as well. Can I edit my vote to add Demare?
Not when the option to do so has been manually turned off, which it appears Toby has done for this poll.

I'm amazed he found the box he needed to check to do that considering his inability to find which button lets you insert images, tbh...