• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Sepp Kuss is the next Sepp Kuss thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
There is a great article about him from 2016, when he was just beginning his ascent.

chUic2X.png

Meet Sepp Kuss, revelation of the 2016 Redlands Classic
https://cyclingtips.com/2016/04/meet-sepp-kuss-revelation-of-the-2016-redlands-classic/

"One look at Strava leaderboards on some of the toughest climbs in the U.S. cycling hub of Boulder, Colorado, reveals a relatively unknown name.
On several significant climbs, the first name to follow Tom Danielson’s is that of Sepp Kuss, a 22-year-old from Durango."

"And if Kuss never makes it as a pro cyclist, he says that’ll be okay. It’’s all about striking the right balance."

I suggest you read it, it's really informative.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Amazingly talented rider, LottoNL last year were blown away by his test results and internally likened him to Primoz Roglic. But let’s hope they give him the gradual opportunity to show results in Europe as well. He was 34th in the Dauphiné as a domestique and showed he was amongst the last standing non-leaders. It’s good for him he is behind a couple of guys for now, which takes away the pressure.

RedheadDane said:
JoeD1997 said:
Martin said:
btw., I expected more from Powless and McNulty on this Tour.
Go on Sepp, this was just so much fun to watch!

It's quite hard for McNulty to show himself in a race he is not actually participating in :p . Although, watch out for him in roughly 10 days or so at l'Avenir.

Technicalities!

Aww... Correct... I thougt I saw his name on the startlist :eek:
Anyway, back to Sepp, he was so dominant this week that I think US team should be build around him on this year's WC in Austria.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
You're underrating Hermans here. He purposedly let's go of GC in most races he does to go for stage wins (like in GT), but then showed his climbing level, certainly when 100%, is actually quite high.
Hermans could go for a top 20 in the TDF, top 15 in Giro or Vuelta. If everthing goes well. That's about his level. Doing a few minutes better would gain you two or three spots. Personally i think Benoot was climbing at roughly the same level last year as Kuss, at the same age, without prep and without hype. But against elite riders.

Re: Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
You're underrating Hermans here. He purposedly let's go of GC in most races he does to go for stage wins (like in GT), but then showed his climbing level, certainly when 100%, is actually quite high.
Hermans could go for a top 20 in the TDF, top 15 in Giro or Vuelta. If everthing goes well. That's about his level. Doing a few minutes better would gain you two or three spots. Personally i think Benoot was climbing at roughly the same level last year as Kuss, at the same age, without prep and without hype. But against elite riders.

Lol.

Re:

Great argument.

Sorry but the guy has been crushing a mountainous race, putting on one of the shows of the season (not once, but three times) in an era where making differences in the mountains is becoming increasingly difficult, and you're saying he's on the level of Benoot... Not much argument is needed.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
You're vastly overrating Benoot. Would never be able to do anything like this
He would indeed never ride a race like this.

tobydawq said:
Great argument.

Sorry but the guy has been crushing a mountainous race, putting on one of the shows of the season (not once, but three times) in an era where making differences in the mountains is becoming increasingly difficult, and you're saying he's on the level of Benoot... Not much argument is needed.
Ok, so the opposotion doesn't matter. Got it.

I'll be pleasently surprised when he crushes the Vuelta on his current form. What are you expecting for him there? Top 5?

Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
You're vastly overrating Benoot. Would never be able to do anything like this
He would indeed never ride a race like this.

tobydawq said:
Great argument.

Ok, so the opposotion doesn't matter. Got it.

I'll be pleasently surprised when he crushes the Vuelta on his current form. What are you expecting for him there? Top 5?

Jack Haig. Michael Woods. Ben Hermans. Tejay Van Garderen.

Vuelta stage win. Vuelta top 10. Tourz of Oman and Austria GC win. Giro stage win.

In mountains. In the last two years.

All much better climbers than Benoot.

And no, I'm not expecting him to be top 5 in the Vuelta, but I can assure that IF he can ride at this level for three weeks, he won't be at the fringes of the top 20.

And what do you want, should he have won the race by five minutes to make you impressed?

TRENDING THREADS