• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Sepp Kuss is the next Sepp Kuss thread

Page 61 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's not an interesting viewpoint it's basically verifiably wrong. Either he's just talking *** or lying to himself.

Since the Vuelta he's been doing way more interviews than ever before & he's been saying stuff which really does raise eyebrows (like repeatedly saying he wants to win the Tour de France).

I guess one or two delusional remarks in the press go unnoticed but when it starts to pile up, it's difficult to ignore.

There's some strong Froomey post-2019 vibes going on with Kuss at the moment, IMO.

Reactions: CPT. Z and SHAD0W93
Why would Hindley and Vlasov be in such role at the Tour 2024? On where it's clear Rogla is the sole leader. On the other hand if Rogla would get injured, why would that even be debatable?
Because what you said is ridiculous based off the form Kuss has shown. If Vingegaard isn’t in shape to win Visma have better options than GC Kuss; Jorgensen, WVA stage hunting/KoM/Points, Kooij, Kelderman, or stage hunting with their riders.

Roglic has been in multiple crashes, Hindley has won a GT like Kuss, and Vlasov has top 5’d so those are good options for Bora.

Reactions: Sandisfan
@SHAD0W93

So basically what you are saying is GC Kuss should be the very last choice possible, after Cian? And Vuelta, should he lead there?

P.S. As for Bora it's clear, Rogla is the leader of the Tour 2024 squad and until Rogla is healthy and will perform, until then this is settled and no need to waste effort on such debates. That is one of the reasons he left Visma, as Visma would likely still be deciding if Rogla can lead the Tour 2024 squad. Thanks, but no thanks.

Reactions: acm
@SHAD0W93

So basically what you are saying is GC Kuss should be the very last choice possible, after Cian? And Vuelta, should he lead there?

P.S. As for Bora it's clear, Rogla is the leader of the Tour 2024 squad and until Rogla is healthy and will perform, until then this is settled and no need to waste effort on such debates. That is one of the reasons he left Visma, as Visma would likely still be deciding if Rogla can lead the Tour 2024 squad. Thanks, but no thanks.
Yes he should because GC Kuss isn’t bringing anything bar a potential top 10 to the team. I don’t see Cian in my post at all, do you? I wouldn’t have Kuss be my GC leader anywhere.

Right, Roglic should be sole leader just like Vingegaard if he shows up.

Reactions: veganrob
Yes he should because GC Kuss isn’t bringing anything bar a potential top 10 to the team. I don’t see Cian in my post at all, do you? I wouldn’t have Kuss be my GC leader anywhere.

OK, so no leadership at Vuelta then and certainly not at the Tour. As some (any) other rider, potentially finishing in top 10, should get a fair shot.

Just like Vingegaard is the sole leader.

Roglic is always injured.

So injured against injured sole leader it is then, Pogi being the healthy dark horse.

But you do got a point, at Visma it wouldn't really matter, if Jonas is injured, or not. Rogla is injured too, so obviously Jonas would be the sole Tour leader. It was indeed time to go and maybe Kuss does the same at some point of his career.

OK, so no leadership at Vuelta then and certainly not at the Tour. As some (any) other rider, potentially finishing in top 10, should get a fair shot.
With the form Kuss has shown this year I can think of around 15 riders that have a better chance to top 10. Visma want to win the Tour, not finish top 10. Kuss doesn’t give them that option. Jorgensen might but most likely not this year.

Or do you only want Kuss to get leadership to increase Roglic’s chances of winning?

Last edited:

So injured against injured sole leader it is then, Pogi being the healthy dark horse.

But you do got a point, at Visma it wouldn't really matter, if Jonas is injured, or not. Rogla is injured too, so obviously Jonas would be the sole Tour leader. It was indeed time to go and maybe Kuss does the same at some point of his career.
You can't create GC hindley for the Tour, just because he won the Giro 2022, just like you can't create GC Kuss just because he won the Vuelta 2023.

Roglic and Vingegaard will not be injured in the Tour. I just said, they come to the Tour after recovering from injuries.

@Froome

Unfortunately i feel that both will still be hampered by injuries a bit, one likely capable of managing it better, due to less severity. As for GC Kuss, JV literary created such beast. You can't now take that back and say we were only joking. If Jonas is not fit, then Kuss is next in the line.

If Visma is reluctant, remember Sepp, what you did after Angliru.

• Haha
Reactions: SHAD0W93
@SHAD0W93

Are you seriously suggesting Jonas is fit enough to lead the Visma squad? If yes, then OK, lets see on how it goes. If not, then in my opinion next in the line is Kuss and Jorgenson potentially being their plan B.

P.S. As for Rogličes chances of winning, that i feel is mostly up to Roglič and Bora and not Visma this year.
I’ve already answered this, and no I’ve been saying since the pneumothorax news that I don’t think Vingegaard will have the shape to win or even ride.
But it’s looking like Vinge will ride and he showed last year the miracles of love, fiber free and stool softener diet, and paintless bike.

If Vingegaard isn’t there or in shape Roglic’s odds increase, and it increases even more if Kuss is Visma’s leader. And if Vingegaard is in shape, Visma will have a big say in Roglic’s chances based off how they ride each stage.

Because what you said is ridiculous based off the form Kuss has shown. If Vingegaard isn’t in shape to win Visma have better options than GC Kuss; Jorgensen, WVA stage hunting/KoM/Points, Kooij, Kelderman, or stage hunting with their riders.

Roglic has been in multiple crashes, Hindley has won a GT like Kuss, and Vlasov has top 5’d so those are good options for Bora.

Reactions: CyclistAbi
@Froome

Unfortunately i feel that both will still be hampered by injuries a bit, one likely capable of managing it better, due to less severity. As for GC Kuss, JV literary created such beast. You can't now take that back and say we were only joking. If Jonas is not fit, then Kuss is next in the line.

If Visma is reluctant, remember Sepp, what you did after Angliru.
Mate, Kuss doesn't offer any guarantees in terms of GC for Visma at the moment, and don't forget that Kuss has been sick since Dauphiné.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
@SHAD0W93

I agree, that we shouldn't go another circle. One question still remaining, if Jonas is out and you don't feel it's Kuss, who in your opinion is Vismas second choice for a GT GC lead?
Hopefully the third time is the charm.

If Vingegaard isn’t in shape to win Visma have better options than GC Kuss; Jorgensen, WVA stage hunting/KoM/Points, Kooij, Kelderman, or stage hunting with their riders.

@SHAD0W93

OK so in your opinion Jorgenson should be Vismas GC lead, if Jonas won't have it. And they should aim for top 10? Here is see that Sepp was indeed outside top 10 at Giro/Tour in 2023, only finished 14th and 12th respectively!
I think Jorgensen can top 5 if everything goes the teams way, which is better than what Kuss can provide respectively. Jorgensen also unlike Kuss has shown (winning) form this year and that he can be competitive with Roglic in a week race while Kuss hasn’t shown anything in months. But I guess if Jorgensen is actually not that good, maybe the level wasn’t so high in CdD like you thought.