• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

...still deciding if they would cooperate...

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Ginkgo

BANNED
May 22, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:
You are welcome. Glad you confirmed your pre-conceived notion.

yes i got an idea from reading the thread. upon asking some questions and receiving answers, and upon more inspection of the forum, the evidence backs up my original suspicion.

this is about getting armstrong first and foremost. not anti doping.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Cerberus said:
That's a good point, no risk of suspension, not nearly as dependant on the sport of cycling for his income, probably nothing that counts as criminal involvement in the doping. We've been focusing on the riders, but the bus driver really has the least to lose by coming clean.

Or the motorcycle delivery guy who brought the blood when it was needed.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ginkgo said:
yes i got an idea from reading the thread. upon asking some questions and receiving answers, and upon more inspection of the forum, the evidence backs up my original suspicion.

this is about getting armstrong first and foremost. not anti doping.
To win the game you have to capture the King, BPC.

"The king! Where is the king?"
Dr. Michele Ferrari, Armstrong's 50-year-old trainer, stood on the cobbled street with his long arms outstretched in the golden Spanish sunlight. He was dark-haired and darty eyed. He wore a shiny robins-egg-blue sweatsuit, a red nylon backpack, and a broad, teasing smile.

"The king, he is late," Ferrari announced in the manner of the town crier, gesturing theatrically toward the tall wooden doors. "But that is why he is the king, no? A king should not have to hurry."
From Dan Coyles book, Lance Armsrtongs War.

Dr. Maserati said:
It is 10 minutes to the hour here - how long before he gets a new IP address?

BroDeal said:
He does not have a new IP address. He was lying about that. When they have been banning him, they have simply been banning his account. They have done a few IP bans, but he has been using proxies to get around those bans.

Correct.

His personal info says his name is Bobby Crehan and he is from Ireland. However, his IP address says he is in Secaucus, New Jersey.

Huh, who would have thought Secaucus would be such a tourism hot spot for Irish vacationers?

proj221.jpg

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
Or the motorcycle delivery guy who brought the blood when it was needed.

Possibly, but he would be directly involved in the doping and therefore more likely to feel he had to lie to protect himself. Also the bus driver should be easy to locate. US Postal would have had him on the payroll all official like. I doubt that they've got a post in their budget for "motorcycle guy delivering our doping".

Vaughters needs to speak up if he truly is against doping. Simply not denying is not enough. If he is sincere in his efforts for a cleaner future in cycling, then he needs to bring light to the past so that it will not be repeated again.

ExRower said:
Vaughters needs to speak up if he truly is against doping. Simply not denying is not enough. If he is sincere in his efforts for a cleaner future in cycling, then he needs to bring light to the past so that it will not be repeated again.

Vaughters seems like a weasel. He had the reputation of being a whiny b!tch when he raced. I doubt he's going to have the backbone to tell the truth.

ExRower said:

If you say you have principles but are unwilling to sacrifice or risk anything for them then do you really have principles? Vaughters rolled over during the SCA arbitration. Now he is a cycling insider. We won't hear a peep out of him unless his hand is forced.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
I find it strange that so many of you seem to think that if one has "principles," he should automatically want to play the role of snitch. Can't one want to have a clean sport, not want to participate in doping himself, and still just want to mind his own business and leave the enforcement of the rules up to the authorities? It sucks that you guys are going to just decide that anyone that doesn't cooperate must be trying to hide their own doping.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
stephens said:
I find it strange that so many of you seem to think that if one has "principles," he should automatically want to play the role of snitch. Can't one want to have a clean sport, not want to participate in doping himself, and still just want to mind his own business and leave the enforcement of the rules up to the authorities? It sucks that you guys are going to just decide that anyone that doesn't cooperate must be trying to hide their own doping.

Yeah, because I bet there are lot's of honest people who enjoy getting paid less and winning less because other riders cheat. That makes perfect sense.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
We're not talking about new riders. We were talking about guys from the past who just might prefer to get on with their lives. Besides, for 90% of pro cyclists, it's not about winning. They're just workers.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
stephens said:
We're not talking about new riders. We were talking about guys from the past who just might prefer to get on with their lives. Besides, for 90% of pro cyclists, it's not about winning. They're just workers.

Which changes exactly nothing. A clean worker, still gets paid less because others dope because it makes him a comparatively weaker worker. No normal clean rider is going to be ok with doping.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Cerberus said:
Which changes exactly nothing. A clean worker, still gets paid less because others dope because it makes him a comparatively weaker worker. No normal clean rider is going to be ok with doping.

A clean worker on a team whose stars dope and win gets paid more than he would get paid on an all clean team. Regardless, it's not his job to talk about what anyone else is doing. Clearly the peloton has always agreed with this.

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Correct.

His personal info says his name is Bobby Crehan and he is from Ireland. However, his IP address says he is in Secaucus, New Jersey.

Huh, who would have thought Secaucus would be such a tourism hot spot for Irish vacationers?

proj221.jpg

you're from secaucus we're from manhattan :cool::cool:

i actually stayed in secaucus for two weeks while on holiday a couple of years back. obviously got up early in the mornings and went to nyc but still had a mooch around secaucus and went for a few runs in the area.

it is a small word, who knows, BPC could've been the one fetching me brekkie or tea for me on several occasions :eek:

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Correct.

That explains it. He always said he lived in the UK but that would mean he was posting in the middle of the night there. However it could just be another proxie site that is hosted there. Lots of data centers in Secaucus

Seriously disturbed individual

stephens said:

Omerta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I always wondered if it was that crazed English Armstrong worshipper who faked cancer to get time off work so he could start up a bike shop. There's more than one walking among us? :eek: