• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 519 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fw seems like the least classic race of interest. Rather him save energy and train properly with a good base for Giro/tour than to disrupt that for FW. Liege, Giro and Tour - FW just dont seem worth it, i like the call atleast.

I have no idea how hard it is tho since 99% of the race is a light training ride for him. Its more the part leaving and disrupting a well planned training course for it which seems risky and not worth for me.

Last edited:
Not that I really believe it but if he wins Liege+ Giro+Tour+WC+Lombardia, it would be pretty close.
no disrespect to Merckx ofc but doing that in 2024 has to be 10x harder with the specializing which is in cycling now its almost different sports from different fields of expertise. That plus also cycling is 10x bigger so the competition level has to be harder.

If he was to do that for me atleast that would be way higher.

Doubtful. FW looks wide open this year, it is not a race that suits him that well as he got the win last year when on great form but did not dominate the Mur de Huy. Having got it on his palmares I think he will frequently skip it.
He didn't dominate? He was bossing the climb waiting for someone to attack to just counter attack. It was a very easy win, however is not a race that suits his main strenghts.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
It's impossible to please everyone. If he wins 80k solo it's boring, if he wins with 1 second he barely made it across the line first and wasn't dominating AKA washed. As for FW, at least from my perspective, it seems he did just enough to win.
It has nothing to do with entertainment and everything with just blurting buzzwords out when actually metrics state the contrary.

It's not like I never deny that Pogacar is the best rider in the world. But that doesn't mean I'm obliged to be entertained by monotous domination.

At least I get to be entertained by the outrage of his fans when not everyone worships at the same altar they do

It's impossible to please everyone. If he wins 80k solo it's boring, if he wins with 1 second he barely made it across the line first and wasn't dominating AKA washed. As for FW, at least from my perspective, it seems he did just enough to win.
You hit the nail on the head with this post. Some people are just always gonna complain, I guess. Finding new ways to do it. They switch narrative each time, as you are alluding to.

Agreed on the FW win. He did just enough to win... but some people will find ways to discredit that as well. No matter what they say, he still won. Thats what matters and it is on his palmares. It wont change because what a lazy poster says on a forum, who twists facts, because of their own bias towards a rider.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Vudy
He would've choked in the dust behind Valverde's back wheel when he sails past him.
Prime Ala and Roglic would beat him comfortably there too...
Fresh single murito is probably one of Pogacars worst efforts. People always talking about high, long mountain stages but there he's still #2 in the world normally, but slightly off on a single short murito finish a heap of dudes suddenly beat him.

Pogacar is clearly better at shallower uphill sprints than Mur de Huy.

Latest posts