• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 520 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fresh single murito is probably one of Pogacars worst efforts.

Pogacar is clearly better at shallower uphill sprints than Mur de Huy.
Indeed but he still won FW quite easily regardless imo, even looked back and eased of you could argue or might not i have no clue. (nvm thats another discussion the matter of fact the dude won comfortably atleast.

Either way FW has to be the least compelling classics on the calender no? Makes alot of sense for Pog to not disrupt training just to travel to win FW, hes on another level after all his wins now, FW doesnt define him and he got bigger objectives to focus on.

Last edited:
I do wonder about the stories circulating about his extreme progress when he was already the best in the world by alot its a scary thought. I think it was Valter who said in a interview this Pog level now is out of this world. When other riders whispers about it that get me curious not tabloids or unrelated sources.

He might actually do the double and and win both Lombardia and Liege too, it would be insane and unprecedented for this era of racing. As usually i do think he himself is the only one stopping him, a fall/crash or something.

The thing about it is some people might not like the total domination but thats only cause its lost in the perspective of the magnitude of what a historic rider he is simple as that.

I do wonder about the stories circulating about his extreme progress when he was already the best in the world by alot its a scary thought. I think it was Valter who said in a interview this Pog level now is out of this world. When other riders whispers about it that get me curious not tabloids or unrelated sources.

He might actually do the double and and win both Lombardia and Liege too, it would be insane and unprecedented for this era of racing. As usually i do think he himself is the only one stopping him, a fall/crash or something.

The thing about it is some people might not like the total domination but thats only cause its lost in the perspective of the magnitude of what a historic rider he is simple as that.
It's basically like Contador claiming to be doing his best numbers every time he talks about them.

For Pogacar it's always other people talking about him or his numbers, which includes people bragging about his Gavia and Stelvio records before he lost the Tour of 2022.

Great post.

It's basically like Contador claiming to be doing his best numbers every time he talks about them.

For Pogacar it's always other people talking about him or his numbers, which includes people bragging about his Gavia and Stelvio records before he lost the Tour of 2022.
Every rider in the peloton has ”their best numbers”. Everyone is claiming that.

That you keep singling out Pog is just hilarious at this point. You are the one talking the absolute most. Not other people.

Contador was always my fav rider, such a joy to watch and talent. Nvm thats the point tho its other riders talking about it from racing vs him not him or twitter accounts which will always happen for any rider. When his peers who race vs him speak for me atleast that tells alot and is a difference. Recently this year Valter and Bennet.

That part will always be a bit premature indeed too ofcourse and doesnt mean that much i dont take much stock in that but it is different when it comes from riders he race vs that might be just me though but its still silly I agree.

Its hard to not be impressed by his strade or cata total domination nevertheless if not anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lui98 and Red Rick
It's impossible to please everyone. If he wins 80k solo it's boring, if he wins with 1 second he barely made it across the line first and wasn't dominating AKA washed. As for FW, at least from my perspective, it seems he did just enough to win.
If I remember correctly the whole race was so hard he couldn’t get away. Think msr. But at the finish line he was best positioned at the foot of the hill and still looked to be shredding his legs to climb/sprint the finish.

I just said his FW win was very convincing and clearly dominated by Pog. I never said he is the best puncher in the World. He is not, specially in gradients over 15% (murito finishes). But in today reality, who is better than Pogacar? Roglic and? I don't know really. Hirschi looked to be the new Bala junior but he hasn't deliver since his FW win.

do you know if its planned another altitute camp after the giro before the tour?
I don't know. I think all depends how much energy will Pogacar spend to win the Giro (he will not lose unless he crashes out). Pretty sure he will rest for 3-4 days and then go to altitude for 2 and half weeks and then some recon of Tour's main stages. This scenario is if he is not too spent what I think he won't be.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Fos

Apr 11, 2024
Visit site
His altitude training is coming to an end. Liege and the first weekend in the Giro, will show how strong he is. Hope for beast mode and a statement to his rivals for the Tour.
I don't understand how the concentrations at altitude work in detail, but it seems very strange to me that Pogacar is staying in a hotel in a town at a low altitude and not up there, in the Sierra Nevada.

This information was commented on by a member of the Movistar staff in one of his personal videos on YouTube...

Reactions: Sandisfan
I don't understand how the concentrations at altitude work in detail, but it seems very strange to me that Pogacar is staying in a hotel in a town at a low altitude and not up there, in the Sierra Nevada.

This information was commented on by a member of the Movistar staff in one of his personal videos on YouTube...
Its quite common. You do that so you can train in the altitude more with concentration steps. You see it across sports its quite common to practice like this on altitude.

Fos

Apr 11, 2024
Visit site
Its quite common. You do that so you can train in the altitude more with concentration steps. You see it across sports its quite common to practice like this on altitude.
It sounds logical from the point of view of wanting to extend concentration and not stress the body from the beginning, and after a few days go up.

Could this be a new approach by Pogi to be fresher or has he already done it this way in the past?

It sounds logical from the point of view of wanting to extend concentration and not stress the body from the beginning, and after a few days go up.

Could this be a new approach by Pogi to be fresher or has he already done it this way in the past?
Exactly this after a while they stay high go low again. Ineos do the same so does every other team its common practice by now.

Its probably the circumstances that made him change his plan, 1st the team said he was going to altitude training camp after Catalonia and now they are staying low. Maybe sawing what happened recently made them believe there is now a big chance to win the tour and try to make him as fresh as possible before the tour

Fos

Apr 11, 2024
Visit site
Its probably the circumstances that made him change his plan, 1st the team said he was going to altitude training camp after Catalonia and now they are staying low. Maybe sawing what happened recently made them believe there is now a big chance to win the tour and try to make him as fresh as possible before the tour
It seems that he is already in Monaco. Maybe he was just accompanying Urska, who knows!

Latest posts