• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1597 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Conspiracy Theories:
  • The usual super-controlled micro-dosing for G & Dawg has been inoperative during Covid ...
  • The short space between recent races has meant contant in competition controls - not allowing time for OCC tricks to kick in.
Yes, and I was wondering whether Covid might have disrupted certain supply chains for special prep. Not sure how any of that would work, or not work. Pure imagineering, here.

Last edited:
I still cant understand that you guys keep going with the Dr Bermon meme, he is a smokescreen, Kashechkin was total ASS after he started working with him.

No way he is Froomes suplier, or anything other then a smokescreen, just like Carmichael was for Lance

Or, G is a lazy bones and Froome's not over his injury.

Please, don't use the "Trains harder" excuse. I fully realize it works everywhere, but it's one of the older doping excuses. You should look up Chris Horner. His transformation to Vuelta champion late in his career was, "eating fewer cheeseburgers." The other guys just didn't train as hard as good ole' Chris.

Froome at Dauphine was a joke. A supposed clean multi grand tour winner can't string 5 days of racing together? Seems legit.

I still cant understand that you guys keep going with the Dr Bermon meme, he is a smokescreen, Kashechkin was total ASS after he started working with him.

No way he is Froomes suplier, or anything other then a smokescreen, just like Carmichael was for Lance
Carmichael wasn't a smokescreen. Good ol' Chris was doping Armstrong as a teenager! Carmichael's program was very low tech and pre-EPO, making some riders sick. No way it could compete with Conconi/Ferarri/Fuentes.

Carmichael was smart to ride the wave of doping and corruption at both USA Cycling, then the UCI.

Carmichael wasn't a smokescreen. Good ol' Chris was doping Armstrong as a teenager! Carmichael's program was very low tech and pre-EPO, making some riders sick. No way it could compete with Conconi/Ferarri/Fuentes.

Carmichael was smart to ride the wave of doping and corruption at both USA Cycling, then the UCI.
He was doping many young riders and a smokescreen. Both things are true.

Last edited:
Ex-DS puts Ineos's slip in form down to tactics and training:
“It’s a strange strategy,” L’Equipe reports Yates as saying. “I think they’re so used to imposing their way of racing on others that they struggle to do anything different. When you’ve won so much, it’s hard to adapt. If your team has three leaders, as should have been the case last year, for example, making the race hard to weaken your rivals is a logical tactic. But Ineos came to this Tour with one sole leader, who clearly isn’t at the level. They’d be better off staying in the wheels rather than uselessly expending their energy."

“Ineos came to the Tour thinking Bernal was the best rider in the peloton. Setting the tempo is useful when you have the best rider – the higher the pace you set, the bigger the gaps he can create in the finale. But that the moment, the best rider is Primoz Roglic. He’s flying. The general level has increased. With each stage, climbing records are beaten, but it’s clear Bernal hasn’t followed that trend. I ask myself about the impact that the lockdown in Colombia has had on him, and on the quality of his training. I know he did several rides close to 300km, without a solid base. Was that well-calculated? I think all that wasn’t beneficial to him. Questions have to be asked of his preparation.”

“I don’t know if it’s enough to explain their current tactical problems but Nico embodied the success of Ineos, and with success comes confidence. His death was a shock for the riders – it affected them profoundly. He was pulling the strings for years. Now, there are four directors and we don’t really know who calls the shots. It’s quite a fluid situation. In the race, everything must be handled in an automatic way. Once a stage is underway, you don’t have time to hold a videoconference to decide on tactics. Before, when the boat had a hole in it Nico was there to repair it. But in cycling, as in life, nothing lasts forever.”

This past week should have hopefully dispensed with any lingering doubters that Porte is capable of being one of the very best TdF riders regardless of whether he is riding for Sky, BMC or Trek. His excellent form in the Sky train becomes less suspicious with each turn of the pedal.

TRENDING THREADS