• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 134 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Gotta say this btw about Wednesday's games: Francesco Totti.... he made me rage hard. Coming in as a sub in the 86th minute and scoring twice to win the match for Roma. What a beast. That also meant that he effectively killed my beloved Inter's CL dreams for this season. If they don't give him another year in the club to see out his career it would be an absolute travesty.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
According to Gianluca Di Marzio Renato Sanches should be a done deal to Utd.

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/724602414255484929

Also reported in The Guardian by two reliable journalists. Ferguson has recommended him to be signed.

I watched a few Benfica games to specifically watch him and I can't see the huge hype. He looks decent but he looks to me like when Anderson was at Porto. There was similar hype with him too at the time.

I follow a couple of Portuguese football journalists on twitter and one in particular said he should stay at Benfica for longer and that he has done OK but nothing special to justify the transfer fee speculated. They probably think after Martial's success, that they see a similar impact with him.

Re: Re:

gooner said:
BigMac said:
According to Gianluca Di Marzio Renato Sanches should be a done deal to Utd.

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/724602414255484929

Also reported in The Guardian by two reliable journalists. Ferguson has recommended him to be signed.

I watched a few Benfica games to specifically watch him and I can't see the huge hype. He looks decent but he looks to me like when Anderson was at Porto. There was similar hype with him too at the time.

I follow a couple of Portuguese football journalists on twitter and one in particular said he should stay at Benfica for longer and that he has done OK but nothing special to justify the transfer fee speculated. They probably think after Martial's success, that they see a similar impact with him.

60 mil is an outrage. To think the hype around him started just because he scored a (great) goal from outside the box in the Liga. All it was needed was a good scammer and the sheeple followed along. All it was needed was some people to see great skill in him (in the most far-fetched of manners) for the rest to agree without critically observing him play. Utd must be really swiming on money to think this lad is worth that sum.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
13043247_10153070896419229_2502736180858336528_n.jpg

Having watched the first semifinal today its almost certain that Real goes through, but eventual winner is more likely to come from Bayern-Atletico tie.

City weren't outclassed by any means, but they still looked a bit like fish out of water in this stage of the competition. Lot of overhit or misplaced or generally rushed passes, heavy touches in crucial moments. All that betrayed a nervousness of being in unfamiliar circumstances and thus making Real's job of holding a clean sheet much easier than it should have been.

What a boring match. Thankfully I had my eye on something else meanwhile. They are almost a one man team, Real. CR7 has been badly missed both at the weekend and today. At least Pepe, Ramos and Casemiro had excellent games. Most defensive players had excellent games and that's why the game ended 0-0. Real will go through.

El Cholo has now yet again stated his wish to return to Inter Milan. I hope Atleti wins this now. He might just end his tenure at Atelti then, and with the national team opening up for Mancini, Simeone can step up for us already.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I must say from reading this article that Kroenke has a right ignorance and dismissive nature to sports fans based on his ownership in the US. Hard to disagree with the article that Arsenal are a club on the road nowhere while he's involved. I really do despise people like this involved in football. That protest planned for the Norwich game will achieve nothing. We're talking about an absentee owner who doesn't be at games.

http://m.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ben-frederickson/benfred-advice-to-arsenal-fans-find-a-new-club/article_ebc3019c-f45b-5a46-b078-cc16462325e8.html

Happy to see Leicester draw. Hoping for a Spurs win tomorrow so that next Sunday the Fixes can win it against Everton with the home supporters watching. They deserve it, and the atmosphere would just be amazing. I am extremely happy for all of them. What a season it has been. :)

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Amsterhammer said:

Kind of untrue. Spurs play an attractive brand of football with young players, more of whom are homegrown, cheap, and/or English than those of most (other?) superclubs. I'd be happy to see them win, and so would almost every serious football supporter I know. (Also, the prospect of irritating whingey Arsenal fans is a hilariously satisfying one. I'm not sure which is less likely at the moment, (some sections of) them arranging a 'protest' that isn't a pathetic and risibly puerile joke, or (some sections of) them arranging some smug St Totteringham's day celebration). Doesn't mean Leicester aren't everyone's second team, though, because they are.

Cannibal72 said:
Amsterhammer said:

Kind of untrue. Spurs play an attractive brand of football with young players, more of whom are homegrown, cheap, and/or English than those of most (other?) superclubs. I'd be happy to see them win, and so would almost every serious football supporter I know. (Also, the prospect of irritating whingey Arsenal fans is a hilariously satisfying one. I'm not sure which is less likely at the moment, (some sections of) them arranging a 'protest' that isn't a pathetic and risibly puerile joke, or (some sections of) them arranging some smug St Totteringham's day celebration). Doesn't mean Leicester aren't everyone's second team, though, because they are.
And posted by a west ham supporter... ;)

Have to agree on the style of football played - Leicester are quite dire to watch. Hey, the system works so good luck to them.
Personally, I'd rather see the foxes stumble against everton with Spurs winning both at chelsea and s'oton - all coming down the final game of the season. Far more interesting, better entertainment and suspense.
I really don't want the "will they? won't they?" saga to finish yet

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site

Cannibal72 said:

See, the thing is that the vast majority of Hammers dislike Spuds more than the Ars-enal. After more than four decades of disliking them, and despite the fact that two ex-Ajax players now play for them, I just can't bring myself to ever pull for them.

The Lesta 'second team' thing has only happened this season. Traditionally, the Hammers were always many people's 'second team', because we always tried to play the game right, and never won fark-all apart from two FA cups (since I've been a Hammer). ;)