• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 922 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
Can he fluctuate his weight so much as to be ideal for the races he targets, against the route, and against the competition he faces? There's never much talk about other riders and their weight, only this lad. I can't understand the obsession with his weight all the time.
There was some talk about Pogacars weight in relation to his Flanders/Tour attempts, with Vingegaard weight is also a Thema (but it’s about how light he is, not that he’s heavier for other targets of course). For Geraint Thomas weight is also a major subject, he’s spoken a bit about it in his podcast for example.

Can he fluctuate his weight so much as to be ideal for the races he targets, against the route, and against the competition he faces? There's never much talk about other riders and their weight, only this lad. I can't understand the obsession with his weight all the time.
Which riders? You see Pogacar, Vingegaard or Roglic beating Ganna and Tarling in a 50k flat TT to claim the rainbow jersey? I sure didn't, lol. Let me know when Vingegaard goes for a 270km WCC RR and ITT after winning LBL and then we'll talk. Ok? Or when Van der Poel wins the Vuelta.

Reactions: Andre and F e r o x
There was some talk about Pogacars weight in relation to his Flanders/Tour attempts, with Vingegaard weight is also a Thema (but it’s about how light he is, not that he’s heavier for other targets of course). For Geraint Thomas weight is also a major subject, he’s spoken a bit about it in his podcast for example.
If i rember correctly VdP was also aiming to be a couple of kg lighter when he was preparing MTB event compared to road/cyclocross.

Reactions: F e r o x
You're just trying to divert attention because you fear at one point we'll start discussing your weight. Admit it.
Holding at a svelte 92 kilos. Discuss!

psoIs2H.jpeg

Last edited:
Almost every GT contender projects a healthy (meaning manageable) weight loss over the course of a stage race. Start too light and you risk fatigue and recovery issues. Start too heavy on early hilly stages and it won't matter what the later plan is; you've lost time.
Belgians love their Remco and much of the speculation follows less successful big climbs.

At lease Patrick is too busy ruining Julian's career to care about Remco's weight.

Almost every GT contender projects a healthy (meaning manageable) weight loss over the course of a stage race. Start too light and you risk fatigue and recovery issues. Start too heavy on early hilly stages and it won't matter what the later plan is; you've lost time.
Belgians love their Remco and much of the speculation follows less successful big climbs.

At lease Patrick is too busy ruining Julian's career to care about Remco's weight.
That's not true at all. They used to do this, but not anymore. Weight fluctuations aren't good during a stage race. Dumoulin extensively talked about this during on a dutch podcast.

His way for losing weight at Giro wasn't healthy at all))
Dumoulin actually gained a bit of weight during the Giro he won. Regardless of dumps taken by the roadside.

That's not true at all. They used to do this, but not anymore. Weight fluctuations aren't good during a stage race. Dumoulin extensively talked about this during on a dutch podcast.
They used to do this. Question is whether someone informed SQS that that is a big no-no.

Reactions: Oldermanish

Latest posts