• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 924 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
And this belongs in the Remco thread why?
It was a follow up to the extended blather about Remco's weight and what was ideal. Mateo has done very well after paying his own cash for a nutritionist and landing on Visma. He's showing the depth of their classics team and how Remco also needs the help. It's a scattered discussion but shouldn't cost you any lost sleep.

Reactions: Sandisfan
How? By swerving and crashing Evenepoel? Other than that, i don't really see how he could hurt them. That's like saying Oomen might hurt Vingegaard if he were vindictive. Also, Ala gets along with Evenepoel quite well.
that would be a stupid tactic, wouldn't it? How about being a motivated member of a competitive team? Getting along with Remco has nothing to do with being pis*sed at Patrick. Maybe he'll just take the money and retire with his lovely bride. Or Remco, whom he gets along with could encourage him to be the teammate Remco needs? That's how a captain should work.

JA isn’t pissed at Patrick
Julian didn't send me a text saying all is good. I'm glad you're on the inside, personally.
If he isn't angry, he should be. My employer airing his version of personal issues in the media is completely unprofessional and denigrates the employee's value. Most serious athletic leagues would have a player representative demanding financial damages.
It demonstrates how much like a mob franchise owning a cycling team can be.

• Wow
Julian didn't send me a text saying all is good. I'm glad you're on the inside, personally.
If he isn't angry, he should be. My employer airing his version of personal issues in the media is completely unprofessional and denigrates the employee's value. Most serious athletic leagues would have a player representative demanding financial damages.
It demonstrates how much like a mob franchise owning a cycling team can be.
Thing is that what you read in the media is blown out of proportions. And JA and Lefevere discussed this, that's why he isn't pissed. It was clickbait.

It's just old world bluntness, which thirty years ago would have only elicited a sardonic grin. Now it seems we live in a world of panzies. Decline is surely in an advanced state.
Seriously? If your employer told the media you were a drunken drug abuser would you just say it's "bluntness"?
....and then fired you; which may be coming if JA doesn't move on? World of panzies says almost all you need to say. It's spelled pan...sies. The dots allow it to pass the censoring.

Seriously? If your employer told the media you were a drunken drug abuser would you just say it's "bluntness"?
....and then fired you; which may be coming if JA doesn't move on? World of panzies says almost all you need to say. It's spelled pan...sies. The dots allow it to pass the censoring.
It's what happens when you see the world through certain glasses and then choose to filter everything through these glasses when it's possible and when it doesn't you just ignore it all together.

Oh, come on, Oldmanish, do you not see that a drunken, old Belgian is what this generation actually needs? We should not take ourselves too seriously, lest we relish in having the opportunity to be offended.

I think it's a wind-up and you fell for it.

After all the same poster had a different opinion about Lefevere about 13 months ago.

Reactions: Oldermanish
Oh, come on, Oldmanish, do you not see that a drunken, old Belgian is what this generation actually needs? We should not take ourselves too seriously, lest we relish in having the opportunity to be offended.
I'm not offended. I also haven't seen any JA support from Levere after the other comments but I'm not versed in Belgish and must rely on translations.
I was amazed at the level of corrupt old as*holes ran upper level teams and their callous treatment of riders. Friends that were good enough to be courted by 90's and early 00's major teams were simply extorted by the DS. Pay us a major portion of your first year contract, in cash and you can ride the big show races. Apparently that was a traditional shakedown for major Euro amateurs to make the next step up, too. Otherwise your future was of a domestique outlook...last post-race shower and massage and schlepping your own bags in big races. Teams could dump you in a heartbeat and leave you without airfare wherever you ended up. I'd thought that changed to a greater degree but it seems some of that same treatment persists. Color me naive to think that's not a good business model, particularly for riders.
It's when casual fans say a rider "is done" and believe the clickbait that is more annoying. It's a tough sport to even qualify to race and get paid.

By the way; would you be irritated if your employer told everyone in your business world you were a washed up loser? You didn't answer that.

Reactions: Extinction

Latest posts