• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Shlecks and doping

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mrs John Murphy said:
They need to send some more money for training plans, or perhaps spend some time in the 'wind tunnel working on their positioning'. That said, maybe training harder, higher cadence, cancer and riding the whole route before hand is all that it takes?
Fire their soigneurs and hire some Belgian ones.

Mrs John Murphy said:
They need to send some more money for training plans, or perhaps spend some time in the 'wind tunnel working on their positioning'. That said, maybe training harder, higher cadence, cancer and riding the whole route before hand is all that it takes?

I think Andy needs to go see the Wizard of Oz to get what he needs.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
how the **** did Frank get away with paying Fuentes... both those sisters are 100% fraud. They show their true ability year round and then turn upto the tour super doped.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Earlier this week Kim Andersen declared in the media that team Leopard Trek is clean. Clean, clean, clean. So I guess we can close this thread.

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
McQuaid throws a wet blanket on the clean party

Not so soon, he sez:

""During the Tour Andy Schleck spoke out about the number of tests he received in a 12-hour window – he claimed to have been tested three times in such a period. However McQuaid told Cyclingnews that the Tour runner-up was tested 3 times within 24 hours and that the amount of tests were justified but that their frequency should not be speculated over.""

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/days-before-uci-can-confirm-tour-de-france-test-results

Tested Schleck 3 times in 24 hours

Geee, I wonder why

davestoller said:
Not so soon, he sez:

""During the Tour Andy Schleck spoke out about the number of tests he received in a 12-hour window – he claimed to have been tested three times in such a period. However McQuaid told Cyclingnews that the Tour runner-up was tested 3 times within 24 hours and that the amount of tests were justified but that their frequency should not be speculated over.""

He also said this:

“We can test any riders, at any time and the samples can go to any laboratory. It stands to reason that riders in the top five at the Tour de France will be targeted. That doesn’t suggest anything. There’s no indication of any doping, not at all.”

May 13, 2009
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
Not related to doping, but an interesting take from Millar:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/robert-millar/why-evans-beat-the-schleck-brothers

They truly are the biggest pussies for giving it away. Race to win, don't ride not to lose...

Millar's analysis of race strategies (or lack thereof) is actually very good!

As for doping, I don't think they are dirtier than any of the other guys, but heck I know for sure they are not clean.

They could certainly use a few shots of testosterone to see if they can resolve some of their "Acute nancy-boyism syndrome":p

May 31, 2011
Visit site
indurain666 said:
They could certainly use a few shots of testosterone to see if they can resolve some of their "Acute nancy-boyism syndrome":p

you're 100% correct. getting on the podium at a grand tour is the first sign of a *****.

they should show they're real men by *****ing about people online.

ianfra

BANNED
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
indurain666 said:
Millar's analysis of race strategies (or lack thereof) is actually very good!

As for doping, I don't think they are dirtier than any of the other guys, but heck I know for sure they are not clean.

Again, a know-all here makes a statement without facts. Give us the evidence and we'll believe you.

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
The brothers Schleck respond to probes on doping for Japanese television

Video

Oops, should have viewed the post before. The link in my post starts about 12 minutes in at the time of the interview of Andy and his brother.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
masking_agent said:
I'm sure they will and get a new < ahem> :rolleyes: "program" and will be taking off like jets in tour mountain stages in 2012. I'm anticipating witnessing something similar to 1999 Sestrieres where a certain rider annihilated the peloton.:rolleyes:

they'll need to perform like F1 cars in the TTs to win the 2012 TdF.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
i wish we still where in the 90`s... i would give 10 years of my life to see Contador vs Andy, with their bodies so full of peds that you can see smoke coming from their wheel tracks

I'm not a Schleck fan by far, but I am watching ESPN classic and they are replaying the stage where AS skipped his chain and that whining little *** AC attacked him. When AC is not whining about how people are being mean to him, while is is all doped up, he is being blatantly classless.

The real talent now is showing, and no coinidence AS is better once the whiner got away from Bruhneel and the heat of investigations/suspensions got into the air.

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
ChrisE said:
I'm not a Schleck fan by far, but I am watching ESPN classic and they are replaying the stage where AS skipped his chain and that whining little *** AC attacked him.

Uhmmm, WHO attacked first? If you draw your sword and drop it, expect to die......

Better watch the video replay, not the dream in your head :rolleyes:

May 18, 2009
Visit site
GreasyMonkey said:
Uhmmm, WHO attacked first? If you draw your sword and drop it, expect to die......

Better watch the video replay, not the dream in your head :rolleyes:

Clown, I said I was watching it right at that moment on ESPN classic. AS attacked first? Well stop the presses and let me go get a refund on that lazer surgery I had a few years ago. That has nothing to do with anything except you identifying with a whiner and knee-jerk defending him.

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
ChrisE said:
Clown, I said I was watching it right at that moment on ESPN classic. AS attacked first? Well stop the presses and let me go get a refund on that lazer surgery I had a few years ago. That has nothing to do with anything except you identifying with a whiner and knee-jerk defending him.

Better fill in that refund claim quick-smart, AS had launched the attack about 10 secs before he mis-shifted and the chain got dumped.

Why should've anybody waited is beyond comprehension - IT WAS A RACE, not a training jaunt.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
ChrisE said:
I'm not a Schleck fan by far, but I am watching ESPN classic and they are replaying the stage where AS skipped his chain and that whining little *** AC attacked him. When AC is not whining about how people are being mean to him, while is is all doped up, he is being blatantly classless.

The real talent now is showing, and no coinidence AS is better once the whiner got away from Bruhneel and the heat of investigations/suspensions got into the air.

at what? where? when? how? r u serious?

TRENDING THREADS