• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tom Dumoulin discussion thread

Page 72 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I was almost right btw, TT is earlier, cobbles is at the end, and hill stage is before that.

However I'm not convinced it's easy. These hills are shorter, even shorter than San Sebastian. So it suits explosive guys more. Just like Geraardsbergen. He'll have to blast the TT, which is only 9km

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I was almost right btw, TT is earlier, cobbles is at the end, and hill stage is before that.

However I'm not convinced it's easy. These hills are shorter, even shorter than San Sebastian. So it suits explosive guys more. Just like Geraardsbergen. He'll have to blast the TT, which is only 9km
There are two hilly stages, the Amstel like (stage five) and the Liege like (stage six) before the grand final of Geraardsbergen. It's very similar to previous years (bar last one that was very easy because of Qatar Worlds).

Re: Re:

Nirvana said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

There are two hilly stages, the Amstel like (stage five) and the Liege like (stage six) before the grand final of Geraardsbergen. It's very similar to previous years (bar last one that was very easy because of Qatar Worlds).

Good. That means that Sagan in all likelihood will win.

Re:

18-Valve. (pithy) said:
"Tom Dumoulin to analyze GT routes before making final decision of 2018 targets. He knows ASO policy on TDF ITT kms."

https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/894472054266875904

^ a.k.a. a TDF assault is unlikely as that race will likely keep the number of ITT kms low for the French GC riders. Dumoulin will likely go for another Giro win next year, from the looks of it.
Wise to take it to the media, that might persuade ASO to include a bit more time trial to lure Tom Dumoulin in.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
"Tom Dumoulin to analyze GT routes before making final decision of 2018 targets. He knows ASO policy on TDF ITT kms."

https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/894472054266875904

^ a.k.a. a TDF assault is unlikely as that race will likely keep the number of ITT kms low for the French GC riders. Dumoulin will likely go for another Giro win next year, from the looks of it.
Wise to take it to the media, that might persuade ASO to include a bit more time trial to lure Tom Dumoulin in.
That won't help a bit, IMO. ASO has much more to gain if French riders are legitimate podium contenders.

There's already a long-ish TTT. Doesn't make sense to add more flat ITT from a French perspective - wouldn't even surprise me if they kept it at 0 next year. Perhaps an actual MTT where Barguil, Bardet and Pinot would be competitive.

TRENDING THREADS