• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 17: Digne-les-Bains-Pra Loup 161km

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Netserk said:
Quintana doesn't have a chance with a 1 vs 1 duel. He is more than 3 minutes behind.

He has to gain 3 min on Froome whether or not Valverde helps Contador. Bringing another competitor to the front just makes that task more difficult. Assuming their duo attack was allowed to go, it is very easy for me to visualize Contador cracking Valverde on the last climb and moving up to second in the GC. YMMV of course.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Volderke said:
They are going to let Geschke win the stage? The guy can climb.

I do not agree it's better for Quintana to get a 1-1 with Froome. It's much better if Contador is still in the mix. In that way, Froome has to counter more attacks, and can be exposed more easily.

In case it's a 1-on-1, tactics for Froome are easier.

Allos and Pra Loup still to come.

djpbaltimore said:
Netserk said:
Quintana doesn't have a chance with a 1 vs 1 duel. He is more than 3 minutes behind.

He has to gain 3 min on Froome whether or not Valverde helps Contador. Bringing another competitor to the front just makes that task more difficult. Assuming their duo attack was allowed to go, it is very easy for me to visualize Contador cracking Valverde on the last climb and moving up to second in the GC. YMMV of course.
Valverde and Contador up ahead means Froome has to chase while Nairo can sit on him. It makes it much more likely for Nairo to take time and Froome + It means that Valverde could win the overall as well.

Eagle said:
TMP402 said:
Froome now has five teammates - plus two ahead. Oddly it looked like Roche and Porte took the 1st and 3rd mountain points.
1.PAUWELS S.5pts
2.HERRADA LOPEZ J.3pts
3.DURASEK K.2pts
4.DEGENKOLB J.1pts
Those were the point scorers
Sky'sthelimit said:
TMP think that was the intermediate sprint points

Hmm. I saw a graphic that showed Porte with 3 points, Yates with 2 and Roche with 1. Maybe the final three in the intermediate sprint??

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

TMP402 said:
Eagle said:
TMP402 said:
Froome now has five teammates - plus two ahead. Oddly it looked like Roche and Porte took the 1st and 3rd mountain points.
1.PAUWELS S.5pts
2.HERRADA LOPEZ J.3pts
3.DURASEK K.2pts
4.DEGENKOLB J.1pts
Sky'sthelimit said:

Hmm. I saw a graphic that showed Porte with 3 points, Yates with 2 and Roche with 1. Maybe the final three in the intermediate sprint??
Yeah that was the intermediate, you can see the results here
http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2015/us/live/aso/

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

ILovecycling said:
franic said:
ILovecycling said:
lol some riders are realy fvcked up in the head :eek:
What happened? I wasn't watching
intermediate 'sprint' Sagan and Degenkolb naive and Vaugrenard imbecile

Vaugrenard was instructed to contest the intermediate sprint as Sagan had twice refused to take a turn when asked by Pinot.Seems fair to me,if Sagan wants the points then take a turn.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Over 8 minutes now to Froome's group. Bit disappointed that Astana haven't pushed the tempo, thought Nibali was going to try to win this stage.

Eagle said:
TMP402 said:
Eagle said:
TMP402 said:
1.PAUWELS S.5pts
2.HERRADA LOPEZ J.3pts
3.DURASEK K.2pts
4.DEGENKOLB J.1pts
Sky'sthelimit said:

Yeah that was the intermediate, you can see the results here
http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2015/us/live/aso/

Thanks!

djpbaltimore said:
Netserk said:

And how/when is he supposed to gain that when chasing down and controlling everything that remotely could put any pressure on Froome from further out then the last 4-5 km of the stage? This was the perfect moment of letting Sky burning a few matches before Pra-Loup.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Miburo said:
auscyclefan94 said:
8'24" now - Rogers attack was really worthwhile now /sarc

You're dumb? He can just drop back and help out Contador.
Quite ironic that you ask that question considering your poor grammar but no I am not. He's not going to drop back 5 minutes after pushing all of that effort on the previous climb and descent. If he does, that is simply wasteful. Sky is fresh as a daisy now with this slow tempo.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Tryphon said:
ILovecycling said:
franic said:
ILovecycling said:
lol some riders are realy fvcked up in the head :eek:
What happened? I wasn't watching
intermediate 'sprint' Sagan and Degenkolb naive and Vaugrenard imbecile

Vaugrenard was instructed to contest the intermediate sprint as Sagan had twice refused to take a turn when asked by Pinot.Seems fair to me,if Sagan wants the points then take a turn.
Nice! Thanks ;)

Re:

el_angliru said:
The difference of Contador and Movistar is the difference of riding for the win vs riding for the podium.

Movistar pulling Froome? Where have we seen that before?

d0hgXIV.jpg

Disappointing. I hope Movistar will ride more sensible for the the rest of the stage (and Tour).
Great picture. Was the most pathetic shameful riding I have ever seen.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Punkan said:
Over 8 minutes now to Froome's group. Bit disappointed that Astana haven't pushed the tempo, thought Nibali was going to try to win this stage.
Astana are probably betting on Kangerts chances from the break

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

auscyclefan94 said:
Miburo said:
auscyclefan94 said:
8'24" now - Rogers attack was really worthwhile now /sarc

You're dumb? He can just drop back and help out Contador.
Quite ironic that you ask that question considering your poor grammar but no I am not. He's not going to drop back 5 minutes after pushing all of that effort on the previous climb and descent. If he does, that is simply wasteful. Sky is fresh as a daisy now with this slow tempo.

I can speak multiple languages, sorry that english isn't my main language. How many do you know? :eek:

TRENDING THREADS