• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2023, stage 3: Amorebieta-Etxano - Bayonne/Baiona, 193.5k

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I will never understand cyclists and its experts on matters like sprinting. They want infinite safety protocols, but changing lane and endangering other riders like Rodriguez yesterday is supposed to be totally fine? No reason to cut in front on him like that, it looked really dangerous and there was no reason to do so. On top of that it doesn't mean jackshit in the grand scheme of things, so I dont know why you'd complain.

Reactions: Red Rick
I will never understand cyclists and its experts on matters like sprinting. They want infinite safety protocols, but changing lane and endangering other riders like Rodriguez yesterday is supposed to be totally fine? No reason to cut in front on him like that, it looked really dangerous and there was no reason to do so. On top of that it doesn't mean jackshit in the grand scheme of things, so I dont know why you'd complain.
Dude, you just cant go blame rider unless its Bouhannii

Reactions: Sandisfan
I would not be surprised if Bol is currently faster than him
Cavendish looked great in his win in the final sprint in the Giro. But he had G as a leadout. He needs a great poisson pilote, I think. Wheel hunting really isn't his forte. So it all depends on how well Bol leads him out and how well they work together. I don't give him a great chance of breaking the record, but it will be historic if he does.

Powless is going for the strategy of getting so many points early on that nobody else even tries for it.

1 HC climb and he loses his jersey...

Will obviously try to go in the break himself on Wednesday but the points he's getting now are pretty irrelevant if he wastes all his energy and a better climber racks up the points in the actual mountain stages.