• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2016 > 2017

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Possibly of limited interest, but a couple of rumours from the women's side, both involving Rabo riders: Niewiadoma to Liv-Plantur and Ferrand-Prevot to Wiggle-High 5. Big transfers if they happen.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
http://www.greenedgecycling.com/news/game-changing-kreuziger-joins-orica-bikeexchange.phps
Kreuziger to orica

Profoundly odd signing. OBE are now going to have GT teams packed with riders who think they should be protected and very little chance in any of the classics. (I don't rate Matthews very highly).

OBE kept their cards close to their chests with the signing of Kreuzegir. Got info about riders OBE had interest and he wasn't on the list.

Imagine Kreuzegir will focus on one week stage races,Ardennes classics and Grand Tours.

Matthews is leaving for Giant Alpecin.

Re: Re:

Cannibal72 said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
http://www.greenedgecycling.com/news/game-changing-kreuziger-joins-orica-bikeexchange.phps
Kreuziger to orica

Profoundly odd signing. OBE are now going to have GT teams packed with riders who think they should be protected and very little chance in any of the classics. (I don't rate Matthews very highly).

Matthews is gone so he doesn't come into calculations, they have yet to announce if they've taken up the option for Gerrans in 2017 so if they do I'd suspect he gets a downgraded role. As to Kreuziger he won't be protected at a GT as he said that he'll be a domestique for GT's and will target the Ardennes races which makes sense

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
So now Gerrans is declining and no longer is a thread for Matthews (apart from being stubborn and still don't want to help, gosh, I dislike Gerrans), Matthews is leaving. Makes sense... I guess that makes more space for Ewan and Cort.

It's the other way around. It's Matthews who is the stubborn *** who is disliked by his teammates and refuses to acknowledge Gerrans.

Re: Re:

hrotha said:
Valv.Piti said:
Matthews out, Verona + Kreuziger in means Orica will be one of the better GT-teams out there already next years. They have many cards now. Probably one of the best apart from Sky + Movistar.
Because of... Verona? :confused:

Nah, because of Kreuziger and the two Yates and Chaves slowly but surely are getting better every year. Look at the depth and the quality, its really frickin good as of now. I think they will prove better than Astana, the Bahrain team and BMC, possibly also Trek which is the level under Sky and Movistar in 2017 IMO.

Re:

Jonhard said:
Possibly of limited interest, but a couple of rumours from the women's side, both involving Rabo riders: Niewiadoma to Liv-Plantur and Ferrand-Prevot to Wiggle-High 5. Big transfers if they happen.
Rabo seems to be losing all their top riders lately, just keeping Vos.

GP Blanco said:
According to AD Lotto Jumbo signed Lobato for two years.

http://www.ad.nl/wielrennen/lobato-onderweg-naar-lottonl-jumbo~a9ff6456/

This is a very weird signing.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
So now Gerrans is declining and no longer is a thread for Matthews (apart from being stubborn and still don't want to help, gosh, I dislike Gerrans), Matthews is leaving. Makes sense... I guess that makes more space for Ewan and Cort.
I don't think Gerrans refused to work for his team mates, this year in Catalunya he worked for Impey in the flat stages, but also at the Tour when he crashed he was leading the peloton to help Yates before the Chalet Reynard MTF and i remember a stage (if i remember correctly the one that Kittel won) where he was leading Matthews with another Orica guy but Mattews leaved his wheel to go on his own.