• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

TT course around Montpellier a disgrace

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 9, 2009
12
0
0
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
The tt course the route organisers made these riders go out on is a bloody disgrace. Surely the organisers have duty of care to not make the course so dangerous. So many riders crashed. I don't think i would ride my bike on that Course.

You can't blame the race for poor team decisions.

In such a short race it should have been clear to all riders that with the exception of the contender they can't wait for anyone.
 
Jun 22, 2009
4,991
1
0
Visit site
moyeux said:
some beautiful country roads they were on outside of Montpellier, but you would have to use your brakes sometimes...

...I live in Montpellier and have ridden those roads...yes, there were two places where the descent is very steep and very fast and you come upon those turns scary fast, but you need to brake and it's all good...

An informed opinion by someone who lives there and has actually ridden those roads! Wow! Thank you.
 
Mar 12, 2009
163
0
0
Visit site
moyeux said:
you are welcome...


Now beat it. There is no place on this forum for you. We have no need for your facts, or real world input. Our preference is for baseless assertions, armchair critiquing and unwarranted aggression.

Ps . If you are of the lance bromance persuasion you are also welcome
 
Jul 9, 2009
7
0
0
Visit site
The Falcon said:
Now beat it. There is no place on this forum for you. We have no need for your facts, or real world input. Our preference is for baseless assertions, armchair critiquing and unwarranted aggression.

Ps . If you are of the lance bromance persuasion you are also welcome

thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm not sure, is 'lance bromance' a good thing or a bad thing?...just never heard this expression before...I'm guessing that it refers to a lance lover?...is that right?...educate me please...

whatever happens I wish lance luck...he's doin' good with his foundation, he's bringing an incredible amount of publicity and audience to cycling, and love him or hate him at 37/38 he's doin' great so far...it'll be good to watch him in the mountain stages...i kinda hope he still has the same ability to climb like he used to...he was amazing to watch and it would keep all the other great climbers from gettin' bored :D
 
Jul 7, 2009
72
0
0
Visit site
moyeux said:
thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm not sure, is 'lance bromance' a good thing or a bad thing?...just never heard this expression before...I'm guessing that it refers to a lance lover?...is that right?...educate me please...

whatever happens I wish lance luck...he's doin' good with his foundation, he's bringing an incredible amount of publicity and audience to cycling, and love him or hate him at 37/38 he's doin' great so far...it'll be good to watch him in the mountain stages...i kinda hope he still has the same ability to climb like he used to...he was amazing to watch and it would keep all the other great climbers from gettin' bored :D

Hey, as an armchair aussie passing judgement I would like to ask you a question. For me the problem with the course was the road surface itself as opposed to the up, downs and corners. What's your opinion on the road surface in the area, and is it remotely as bad as it looks on TV - as it looks very uneven and bumpy when I watch it in Australia, especially in the first half of the course.
 
Mar 16, 2009
176
0
0
Visit site
21 Riders down today. Clearly a disgrace the way the organizers out together this course! They should have cancelled the stage or nuetralized it. What were they thinking having all those big wide open roads! Disgusting I say. What say you Franklin?
 
Jul 7, 2009
12
0
0
Visit site
Snake8 said:
21 Riders down today. Clearly a disgrace the way the organizers put together this course! They should have cancelled the stage or nuetralized it. What were they thinking having all those big wide open roads! Disgusting I say. What say you Franklin?
I think it's an utter disgrace. How dare their roads have white lines on them? And as for the rain? They should all ride in a velodrome and not be allowed withon 20 metres of each other. That should stop the crashes (maybe).
 
Jul 9, 2009
7
0
0
Visit site
Buninyong Bunny said:
Hey, as an armchair aussie passing judgement I would like to ask you a question. For me the problem with the course was the road surface itself as opposed to the up, downs and corners. What's your opinion on the road surface in the area, and is it remotely as bad as it looks on TV - as it looks very uneven and bumpy when I watch it in Australia, especially in the first half of the course.

I'd say it is bumpy right in Montpellier...a mix of cobble stones in places, standard road tar that i'm sure ain't perfect in many places but nothing terrible...and I know that the road going through the first small village, Grabels, sucks...they paved part of it but part of it is still under construction...

that said, I don't think anyone crashed in that area...it was on the better roads, but just tricky because the tt bikes are harder to handle i think...some nervousness, tension...and that desire to go as fast as possible wherever they could...

I'm gonna watch the stage again tomorrow...i taped it...check out the roads too...but I had the feeling when watching it that many of the crashs were rider error...