• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Velo d’Or 2023

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win?

• MVDP

Votes: 63 37.3%
  • Vingo

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Roglic

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Pog

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • Remco

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • It's over. It absolutely, positively, definitely has to be MVDP

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Ok, they gave it to Cringegard, like I give a ***

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Froome

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rackham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netserk

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
I'd better fish my ballot out of the well again and reassign it to this nature boy.

I hope there will be plenty more GTs where he faces better GT riders who are not prone to crashes or illness, but who he nevertheless has a firm belief in being able to defeat, before he meets a wall, which he wants to do.

For a similar show of revenge that can be observed on the Iberian Peninsula, one has to look for a long time. And you can only love it.

And give him a medal of valor in addition to this curious new title.
But well, it's a twitter-like world we've entered, so why not.

Not giving it to a WC+double monument season in a year without any further GT/monument combinations would be ludicrous. Only a (rather hypothetical) Vingegaard Lombardia win would be a valid reason to swing this away from VdP, and even then I'd value the first WC+double monument season in 18 years over the first Tour+monument season in 2.

Last edited:
Not giving it to a WC+double monument season in a year without any further GT/monument combinations would be ludicrous. Only a (rather hypothetical) Vingegaard Lombardia win would be a valid reason to swing this away from VdP, and even then I'd value the first WC+double monument season in 18 years over the first Tour+monument season in 2.
Vingegaard has practically had the best possible stage race season with only 1 big win, MvdP on the other hand only has his three big wins and a 2nd place in Ronde.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Latest posts