• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vino »»»»»»»» Radioshack

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Vino »»»»»»»» Radioshack

Singlehandledly yesterday. I've never seen a more impressive final 15 km by one rider than by him. He came behind from the 4th group back with Contador and was only 25 seconds behind Cancellara until final cobble section. Wow Radioshack may have a great team but Astana have Vino and that's all you need in a team.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
what country are you from?? you have no idea about cycling values in original cycling coluntry's have you heard the cheers for vino in giro and tour start?? he was the most popular rider. who cares about doping the guy did so much good to this sport he entertained me for years and now he does so again and without doping he shows how strong he still is. much better more impressive comeback than lance for instance.

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
what country are you from?? you have no idea about cycling values in original cycling coluntry's have you heard the cheers for vino in giro and tour start?? he was the most popular rider. who cares about doping the guy did so much good to this sport he entertained me for years and now he does so again and without doping he shows how strong he still is. much better more impressive comeback than lance for instance.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: troll.....your spelling is oh so bad.....cheers he gets??? the crowd would cheer me on a bike...he is not the most popular rider,just ask the riders...people like you are so out of touched,he got caught taking drugs!!! an in my country that is a crime you troll..he brings nothing to the sport other then being a dope..

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Kwibus said:
He's a cheat that got caught unlike many other riders in the peloton. The rules now are a ban for 2 years if you get caught and that's what happened.
So he's back and riding!

no one in the pack values people who get caught..read leigh howards twitter page about sella an ricca doing well..most people i no call it the tour de drugs an it's sad it's a great sport sonner vino is gone the better for the sport in the long run

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
saganftw said:
he served his jailtime...ofc i would expect same love for ricco or sella but thats not gonna happen

is that last bit a joke :confused: ricco an sella lol lucky they will never turn up at the tour!! i hope

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
mowie133 said:
:rolleyes::rolleyes: troll.....your spelling is oh so bad.....cheers he gets??? the crowd would cheer me on a bike...he is not the most popular rider,just ask the riders...people like you are so out of touched,he got caught taking drugs!!! an in my country that is a crime you troll..he brings nothing to the sport other then being a dope..

wow you live in some 3rd world country?? if people get sick in your country you just give them orange juice and mental support instead of drugs?

and who cares what riders are popular in the peloton. the fans decide, they are the ones watching and paying the riders indirectly.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't the Shack say Floyd likes da vino. :D

And the Shack likes Ferrari OJ, or just in moderation now.

Teetotallers now. Ha, ha.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
mowie133 said:
is that last bit a joke :confused: ricco an sella lol lucky they will never turn up at the tour!! i hope

seems like you are on your own here again. ricco fanclub grew x3 during his suspension same with basso.

Ryo Hazuki said:
seems like you are on your own here again. ricco fanclub grew x3 during his suspension same with basso.

Yes, and that's why doping will never disappear from cycling. I think it's disgusting how people can be so hypocritical that a many fans seem to be.

It's not a question of having served his sentence. I'm fine with riders being legally allowed to come back but what I can't stand are people who don't recognize the tremendous damage doping does to the sport.

If a person has committed a murder or some other serious crime then of course that person should get a chance to come back into society but you don't elect him president.

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
:
Ryo Hazuki said:
wow you live in some 3rd world country?? if people get sick in your country you just give them orange juice and mental support instead of drugs?

and who cares what riders are popular in the peloton. the fans decide, they are the ones watching and paying the riders indirectly.

careful on your high horse there princess...yes when we have a boo we promance enhancing drugs you clown :rolleyes: 3rd world country lol one of the richest in the world mate!

oh dear that last statement by you is just dumb dumb,

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
ingsve said:
Yes, and that's why doping will never disappear from cycling. I think it's disgusting how people can be so hypocritical that a many fans seem to be.

It's not a question of having served his sentence. I'm fine with riders being legally allowed to come back but what I can't stand are people who don't recognize the tremendous damage doping does to the sport.

If a person has committed a murder or some other serious crime then of course that person should get a chance to come back into society but you don't elect him president.

totally agree mate!!!!!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
mowie133 said:
:

careful on your high horse there princess...yes when we have a boo we promance enhancing drugs you clown :rolleyes: 3rd world country lol one of the richest in the world mate!

oh dear that last statement by you is just dumb dumb,

calling names helps your arguments a great deal. oh wait you don't even have arguments

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
/thread

Don't know why vino didn't give the bike to ac, but maybe he asked and was told no by ac? Are they similar in size, ac looks like he ought to be on a 52 cm

EDIT: According to astana fans.com they are about 1 inch (2cm) in height apart. Although I think often these #'s are fudged one way or the other.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
like I sayd nobody cares about doping here. there are more sponsors than ever. doping doesn't hurt cycling maybe it goes in untraditional cycling country's like germany, but we can miss them like toothache

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
alberto.legstrong said:
/thread

Don't know why vino didn't give the bike to ac, but maybe he asked and was told no by ac? Are they similar in size, ac looks like he ought to be on a 52 cm

contador is 1 cm taller, but seems to bear longer legs than vino. if vino would've given his bike the group contador wiuld've lost more time because vino was the engine there.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
contador is 1 cm taller, but seems to bear longer legs than vino. if vino would've given his bike the group contador wiuld've lost more time because vino was the engine there.

see my edit. astanfans.com lists him (ac) as 2 cm shorther than vino. again, there is no knowing what communication between the two took place.

Is there a link to any post race interviews?

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
like I sayd nobody cares about doping here. there are more sponsors than ever. doping doesn't hurt cycling maybe it goes in untraditional cycling country's like germany, but we can miss them like toothache

so you think the hole ricco dopeing case in the tour didn't harm the race???? oh my please don't say it's true..

TRENDING THREADS