• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2022 (March 21-27)

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'd be surprised if there's no teammates for teams who'll chase in there.

There is definitely another uae guy there. So it makes a difference. Still if it is just uae against Higuita/Carapaz they will have a hard time closing it entirely.

Bug if the team of that philosopher is going to help it will be different.

But I am forgetting that at some point Arkea might start helping as well. If they have guys there.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He could start the sprint early. Higuita might be tired. Think that is his chance. Otherwhise Higuita is probably faster.
I assume that if they stay away, Carapaz get the stage as Higuita takes the jersey.

I think other teams should start helping UAE. Take Uno-X for example, Johannessen is ahead of Carapaz in the GC and he would have a shot at the stage victory if they can catch the duo in front.