• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Burgos 2015

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
DNP-Old said:
Arredondo said:
DNP-Old said:
Arredondo said:
Lopez bosses Moreno on a finish like this, and he's even 6th man in line at La Vuelta for Astana :eek:
Unfortunately, he won't be riding La Vuelta.

No? I thought he was already quite certain of his place.

On the other hand it's perhaps good for him, no GT in his first year in Europe.
I was certain as well, waited all year to see him compete on the highest level, but I think Nibali's participation cost him his place. In this interview with Bici, he says he'll be riding some races in Italy after Burgos.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/miguel-angel-lopez-la-joya-del-astana-persigo-mis-suenos-06-08-2015

Ok, thx for the info!

It's a pity indeed :(

CL0CYpbWgAAPe5f.jpg

CL0CYpcXAAAHK13.jpg

DNP-Old said:
Arredondo said:
DNP-Old said:
Arredondo said:
Lopez bosses Moreno on a finish like this, and he's even 6th man in line at La Vuelta for Astana :eek:
Unfortunately, he won't be riding La Vuelta.

No? I thought he was already quite certain of his place.

On the other hand it's perhaps good for him, no GT in his first year in Europe.
I was certain as well, waited all year to see him compete on the highest level, but I think Nibali's participation cost him his place. In this interview with Bici, he says he'll be riding some races in Italy after Burgos.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/miguel-angel-lopez-la-joya-del-astana-persigo-mis-suenos-06-08-2015
Bad news. I thought La Vuelta was his fisrt GT. And a good one for beginners.

Re: Re:

Tank Engine said:
Taxus4a said:
It is a good stage for Dani Moreno, but a good climber should beat him, becouse the final climb is not Neila, but is quite hard.

Good call. Lopez is certainly a climbing prodigy. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

Thanks

I did the climb, I went from the start, my town, Belorado and it was hard, the wind, the kind of road, not really hot but with the sun is always a problem. The previous road is quite hilly, and the climb start at 1200 m, so it is not sea level.

There was some public to be friday, much of them went by bike. Burgos is not a very populated province: 350000 inhabitantes and is the same big as basque country (2 millions)

I will have a better opinion when I see in a moment the stage on TV, I was at 400 m to the finish line.

When I encouraged Landa he looked at me and said like: Uff.. he was tired, he is not in his best shape, but He could do it very well tomorrow, today flat, wind.. not the best for him, he like long climbs. The team is not going to worry a lot about him now and maybe he has not the best motivation, teorically yes, but he is better if the focus is not with him, like in il Giro.

Not surprised about Super Lopez and Latour.

In my town Scarponi and Taaramae where sitting in a bech together, they looked good friends.

Super lopez is a great climber but he benefited today of the position of the team.

it is not a question of Astana, it is a question of Luis León won Paris Nice, San Sebastian, 4 stages in le Tour, current Europe champion,....Taaramae won in Farrapona, Scarponi is officialy a Giro winner, and Super lopez was close to Pinot in a kind of Mortirolo in Swisse... the rivals are Dani Moreno, not a super climber...Anacona, not really a leader, those kind of riders, so it is not strange that dominance, Latour was 3rd.

It quite clear Astana will have the 3 riders of the podium, but anyway tomorrow is an interesting day, tio see how strong is superlopez, to see what Khathoua andmovistar try, to see if Latour can win the stage, and to see what role, a normal domestique or a rider trying the stage from far, or a rider with no level for that, will have Landa.

Neila has his importance despite the GC, is a quite epic climb although is not a super climb compared to others in Spain and of course other countries.

Nice for me to talk with Lejarreta today, I see how lot of people have a big respect for him, he won 4 times Vuelta a Burgos.

How is your relationship with Landa? Do you 'just' know him or are you actually a friend of his?

Anyways good with some insights, keep it up, interesting read. And yeah, Neila will be fun tomorrow, I simply love that stage. Do you think Landa will reach his Giro level, because he doesnt seem to be going well so far? I guess it will be a lot clearer tomorrow.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
How is your relationship with Landa? Do you 'just' know him or are you actually a friend of his?

Anyways good with some insights, keep it up, interesting read. And yeah, Neila will be fun tomorrow, I simply love that stage. Do you think Landa will reach his Giro level, because he doesnt seem to be going well so far? I guess it will be a lot clearer tomorrow.

I am not really a friend. I am a friend of a friend. He knows who I am and when I see him if is a good moment I talk with him. The first day I was talking with him about my impresions of the Giro, Mortirolo stages, the route of the TTT and things like that.

I met him in a Tour of the basque country, a stage that finished in his town, they climbed part of Satuario de Oro, when Landa won in amateurs, and later down to Murguia. a downdhil where Vinokourov managed to take some seconds and win, curiously, one of the men that didnt allowed him to try to win the Giro.

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=20070

My friend and my climbed that short and hard climb and when I got the climb, quite later than him, he was there talking with Landa, who was almost unknow for me. I talked a little, he was a polite guy, my friend tolk me about him some times, but I though he was one more basque promise that, well, are good, but not especially good, they were looking the new Lejarreta or the new (in the efect of results and importance) Mayo.

So I was talking a little, Landa was recovered from and injury, I colaborate then for el Pedal de Frodo, and he did some interviews for him, but I gave not too much importantace to that guy, and I was more worry to go after the brush car to the finish watching the last riders at the same time...and yes, there was a last group with Porte, Felline, Boaro,... that I could follow from far...

I took this picture that day:

298127_10150379546958839_462119875_n.jpg

My friend and him, they raced in juniors.

But later he said more things about him to me and especially when he won in Neila, in the way he did, I realized that maybe that guy wanst one more.. and specially I realized when he told me more things and I followed.

I know lot of people thinks he is a one hit wonder and those kind of things, but he is that class of talent that need everything go well. Giro wasnt a surprise for me, but anyway i wanst sure if he can be really good along 3 weeks.
But I was impressed some times before with him, if you know sometimes the circunstances he do that performance.

There are some kind of genious climbers who has something, who work by inspiration, like Fuente, el Tarangu, he is that kind of guy... but he has not that strong character to do what Pantani, Belli and Gotti did in Merano-Aprica, forget his director, forget his leaders Chiapucci, Bugno,... but they were italians as well...

Anyway when Landa is ok he has a big confidence in himself.

Today I wanst surprised if he won the stage as if he work a little and lose 10 minutes.

In la Vuelta is difficult he was in the fight for GC, but of course he will give some impressive moments. I remember tha stage of Cuitu Negru in his first GT, he worked some kms in La Cobertoria and the peloton, that went all together in a hard climb as San Lorenzo, started to lose people very quickly.

The stage of Andorra and the stage of Alba are very good for him, if he is not working he would be my second favourite for them after Quintana, even if Froome is there, what I hope (and it would be my favourite for GC, but no for those stages, he is more for Fuente del Chivo)

Re:

Matteo. said:
Is it planande TV coverage ? I hope signs of life by Landa, it's not a good signal in sight Vuelta what taxus has reported

The intention is obviously to actually be in shape in The Vuelta starting within two weeks time and perhaps peaking five weeks from now instead of this race which serves as a build-up. Remember he hadnt ridden a race after the Giro before this race and San Sebastian. Actually it looks really good for him whereas Aru might have peaked too early.

The others are a somewhat unknown area after Tour de France.

But you must understand that in la Vuelta the leader is Nibali and seoncd leader is Aru, Landa will leave Astana and thay are not interesting too much on his leadership.

And in Burgos he losed time in the TTT, there are 4 riders in GC better in GC. and someone has to work.
He is not a in bad shape as he showed in San Sebastian or doing 10 in Clunia. For him is similar to be 10 in Clunia that to climb better than Contador Mortirolo.

Today he can attack from far, so his team dont work, or just to work a little at the end.

He is not in the positive armosphere he need to perform at his best, although he is ok with the team, team mates and that, no problem, he was in fact the leader for Burgos, he is number 1 of the team (31).

Landa is like that, maybe if you wait for him, he is not there and maybe when you dont expect him he came up.

Anyway is not mentaly easy when you are expected as leader and you have to work later.

It is not a good tour for him: Much wind, hot, an TTT where his team mates are much stronger in the plane and so he cracked in the small .

climb...the crash...

This happens today so far:

000 A las 11h45 se da la salida a los 86 participantes
001 Intentos de escapada desde el inicio de carrera, que son neutralizados por el pelotón
037 M.V.SAN LEONARDO DE YAGÜE: 1º 47 Mas, 2º 26 Gougeard y 3º 41 Barbero
038 Se forma una fuga con los dorsales, 4,14,26,41,47,52,55,58,68,74,81 y 98
048 Velocidad en la 1ª hora 48 km/h
052 ALTO DEL CARGADERO: 1º 52 Duarte , 2º 58 Valencia, 3º 26 Gougeard, 4º 41 Barbero, 5º 81 Cunego y 6º 68 Boulo. El pelotón a 2,06
069 M.V. VILVIESTRE DEL PINAR: 1º 47 Mas, 2º 58, Valencia y 3º 55 Ramírez. El pelotón a 2,42
075 ALTO DEL COLLADO DE VILVIESTRE: 1º 52 Duarte, 2º 58 Valencia, 3º 55 Ramírez y 4º 81 Cunego. El pelotón a 3’22

Re:

Taxus4a said:
But you must understand that in la Vuelta the leader is Nibali and seoncd leader is Aru, Landa will leave Astana and thay are not interesting too much on his leadership.

And in Burgos he losed time in the TTT, there are 4 riders in GC better in GC. and someone has to work.
He is not a in bad shape as he showed in San Sebastian or doing 10 in Clunia. For him is similar to be 10 in Clunia that to climb better than Contador Mortirolo.

Yes but leadership in Astana doesnt mean much as we saw in the Tour and as someone joked about earlier "Vino tosses a coin on which will be leaders each stage". Nibali is kind of a unknown shape (could go either way) and Aru looks worringly good too early. Besides the situation for him (leaving Astana) is a good incitament of doing a great race and show both new employees and his old team they betted on the right horse. It would be the normal thing to do turning up your best why i expect great things.

Loosing time on a TTT was to be expected. His time-trial regardless of shape is going from bad to worse and i wouldnt expect any different in this time of preparation.

Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
1. ISAYCHEV Vladimir
2. BUSATO Matteo
3. BENITO Miguel Ángel
4. QUINTERO Carlos

I've never heard of any of these riders before :D

Benito was a big sensation for the last 2 years in the Spanish amateur ranks at only 19-20-21 years old. He is apparently an all-rounder with a great motor.