• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

WC Richmond: Team selections

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

King Boonen said:
Degenkolb or Kristoff for me. The only way someone else is getting it (a Belgian) is if they really make it a hard race AND they can actually work together.

Outside change for a guy like Stybar managing to get a gap and no-one chasing in the confusion, seems unlikely though.
What about Sagan? The easier race the better for him probably, and if he has form close to what he showed in the TdF and Vuelta, I'd say he's a faster sprinter than both Kristoff and Deg.

Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
King Boonen said:
Degenkolb or Kristoff for me. The only way someone else is getting it (a Belgian) is if they really make it a hard race AND they can actually work together.

Outside change for a guy like Stybar managing to get a gap and no-one chasing in the confusion, seems unlikely though.
What about Sagan? The easier race the better for him probably, and if he has form close to what he showed in the TdF and Vuelta, I'd say he's a faster sprinter than both Kristoff and Deg.

That's where we'd disagree then. I think he was, I'm not sure he currently is. Should have included him though as even if he is slower it's only a teeny, tiny bit and very dependent on how they feel on the day.

Was Cav specifically training for this race?

Would loved to have seen G win this, always nice to see a winner that's done well all season.

One guy who thoroughly deserves a win is Valverde, what a rider!